THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

My game is about a doomsday that sends down meteorites that destroy things, turning them white/grey. The slimes are Doomsday Globs. Yeah, it's kinda weird.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Christamoose
My game is about a doomsday that sends down meteorites that destroy things, turning them white/grey. The slimes are Doomsday Globs. Yeah, it's kinda weird.
That sounds totally fucking awesome.

And not just because I have a huge boner for The Reckoning or anything.

Oop, wasn't supposed to post here, was I? Ah well.

And here's a video.

I'm not sure why I even made it.
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
Teal it is, then. Thank you, guys!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@BizarreMonkey: Fascinating blood lake setting. I'd get rid of the little "splashing on the shore" type deal above the little platforms though, as so:

@Pulits Very pretty title screen. I actually like the pristine nature of the white screen. But the bloom in that first one overrides your text too much, so it becomes less readable. That's the only reason why I'd choose number two... too much light in the first

@kory_toombs The second screenshot looks nice but the first one... the ground is so busy, and the outlines of the trees are so thick. It kind of hurts the eyeballs. Keep going, though. I have a similar aesthetic for Lexical Node myself that comes from having, well, little to no artistic talent.

... as for my screenshot...

Account Mu goin up... on a Tuesday... got your springs in the puzzles and they bouncy... :/
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Do these maps look socially acceptable? And if not, how can I improve upon them?

Note: In the third room, the rubble is for Ralph to destroy.
His full name is Ralph Arteepe.
It's humor.
Haha.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
First map: Fine
Second map: Those are some weirdly placed pillars, being stone pillars on a wood floor, behind the counter in a shop, blocking the shopkeeper's path. Unless they're for sale, I'd remove them.
Third map: Not fine. Barely even a map, just a rectangle with random things in random places.
Character name: ...Acceptable.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Third room at least looks like it serves a purpose now. I can imagine it being an office room, meeting hall or study that got trashed. Much better, IMO. Did you need that stuff for him to blow up, like maybe as a gameplay introduction to how to blow up stuff, or something like that? If so, you could add three or four of the destroyable objects back in. Not all of them, three or four is plenty.

I'd get rid of the carpet you added to the second room, or at least just make it be a 1x4 carpet that goes north from the doorway, because zigzag-shaped carpets aren't really a thing that exists.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
what happens there

why does it exist

why should the player care

is that the entire dungeon? if so why include something so small? what does it do to further the gameplay and/or story

is it a piece of a larger dungeon? if so what does this segment need to do to further the gameplay and/or story

only you can say whether dungeon is good or not, makawan
Really, it's just a forest blocking the player from his real goal... investigating if a shipment of various spices to another town named Redwoods has crashed or not.
@Christamoose: It's a bit to similar in shaping. Try varying it a bit more when it comes to shapes. Don't be afraid to experiment a little. You might also check out Shift Mapping.

Why is there another wall on the wall? There are tiles that serve as shelves that already exist and that looks very odd. Also, seconding the carpet thing. Carpets are either rectangular, square or circular. Now, with square tile shaping, creating a circular carpet looks like shit, so you're stuck with square/rectangular.

CashmereCat

Making backgrounds that don't suck lol

(hopefully)

I'm also practicing using no full stops because I want to be edgy like Craze loooooooooool
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i work in special ed, teaching math and english to high schoolers with behavioral issues. after work i don't really care about syntax anymore

working on the northern edge of a desert where it starts to meet with the grasslands. it used to be a major trail, but for the past hundred years sailing has become much more affordable and most merchants sail their goods out of the capital now. only the poor, and those who need to get somewhere fast (hint: the party) use the old trails any longer

unfortunately the map is a bit of a mess and i'm not sure how to fix it :<

(yes the whole game is 20 tiles wide throughout, that's not changing)
I'd recommend removing the green ground tiles (short grass - not the sandy grass) unless there's a lot of fresh water nearby. I'd also make a 'path' to the top tent - that is, get rid of some of the grass in front of it, as people would be walking there and thus wear the grass down. Same with the point between the road tiles - if people are still walking those roads the grass won't have had time to grow, and there's still foot traffic, so...

Otherwise it looks perfectly fine. I mean, you could always add more indents I guess, but it looks like it'd work for what you need and it's varied enough that it doesn't seem empty - which is usually an issue with maps like this.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
(yes the whole game is 20 tiles wide throughout, that's not changing)

thought i was the only one who did weird shit like that.
LockeZ
Wait, are there east-west exits to other maps, or is the entire game a single 20x31780 map?
CashmereCat
author=LockeZ
Wait, are there east-west exits to other maps, or is the entire game a single 20x31780 map?

Wait, what? If so, that's amazing! I love it. I was going to create an RPG called Lyne where you could only travel along the y-axis (e.g. you couldn't move left or right). I still might one day ahahahaha