MAPPING CONTEST 2K3

While I'm not very experienced with the maker itself, I did some okay maps a few years back. It probably won't be anything spectacular, but I think I'll enter just to see if I can still do anything decent.
This is my entry:

Bigger size:
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Impressive! I'm keeping mine under wraps for now.
author=Dudesoft
not an entry

Nice! It's a tank running over some guy xD Took a while to figure it out.

Here's my entry:

Full size:
Tau
RMN sex symbol
That banner is from an old screenshot of mine haha.

Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Link_2112, very nice!

except for where the castle is right on top of the water XD
Well, it's not the worst I could have done.

Full size:
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
I recommend against using grass -> water as it just makes it look bad. If you could edit the tiles, then that'd have been good to just fix that but I bet you can't. If I remember correctly it was taken from an interior in Dragon Quest.

Anyone doing so might want to consider making a sort of moat or making it look entirely man made instead of natural as the lack of transition makes it look very squarey otherwise.
** One,Example of how to use tileset**
this was a great experiment in making samey castles
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
author=Tau

So you noticed :)
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=Tau

this was the winner of one of my old 2008 gw mapping school threads, kind of funny how you can forget the visual quality from back then and before
Cool... I'll give it a go! :D *Throws hat into ring* :)

EDIT: Have finished my entry.... can I upload my Pic BEOFRE I get added to the list at the beginning of the thread..?
author=Versalia
Link_2112, very nice!

except for where the castle is right on top of the water XD

Thanks, is that a vote for me? ;P;P

There is no good tile to make it look like the castle extends into the water. There's 1 piece of castle/water but I didn't like how it looks, plus it wouldnt look right to use on the pillars in the water so I figured it would be best to not use it anywhere. Everyone else has the same restriction so for the contest it's not that big a deal. If I could edit it wouldn't look like that! :)
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
You can post without being signed up. I just use it to keep track of who is participating.
author=Ocean
I recommend against using grass -> water as it just makes it look bad. If you could edit the tiles, then that'd have been good to just fix that but I bet you can't. If I remember correctly it was taken from an interior in Dragon Quest.

Anyone doing so might want to consider making a sort of moat or making it look entirely man made instead of natural as the lack of transition makes it look very squarey otherwise.

Yeah, I got to thinking about that last night. I'm used to working with more natural tilesets for the most part. Fixing it right now.
Dudesoft's map reminds me of the old Warcraft 2 tournament maps :)

So by 'mapping' you mean just a picture and not an actual game then?
Fixed. I replaced the old one with the edited one in my submission post.