REVIEW SCORING: STANDARDIZATION, PROFESSIONALISM, ETC.

I really truly dearly hope no changes come from this thread. Our review system is awesome, and I'm scared of the risk of having RMN's rating system become something complicated and nasty and pointless just because people have way too much free time to rant.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
As the OP, I suggest we all agree to disagree and go back to makng gam and reviewing.
author=calunio
I really truly dearly hope no changes come from this thread. Our review system is awesome, and I'm scared of the risk of having RMN's rating system become something complicated and nasty and pointless just because people have way too much free time to rant.

You have to admit though that

author=someguy
And while we're on the subject of reviews I find it funny that the other 3 reviews are of the old demo which has absolutely nothing in common with the current one, and yet they *will* affect the mean score. It makes little sense if you ask me, but that's how RMN works.

We need this.
I'd imagine an internal flag used to see if a review score counts towards a game and an option to set this flag to previous reviews when adding a new download after a period of a month or so wouldn't be too difficult. The month+ period prevents immediate abuse of the system but there's really nothing to prevent long term abuse. I agree that we should add something to fix this beyond "deal with it" or "start a new gameprofile".
Well, in RMN4 I have implemented a Completion Date field that you can manually enter/modify. For Completed Games, I plan on defaulting it to the main download's date_added value.

Theoretically, I can code it so that the game's average score only uses reviews whose posted date >= completion date, for games marked as Completed. I could also use this same logic to flag (or sort or otherwise identify) reviews as being "for the demo" in the review lists.
i submitted a review almost a week ago and its still poending,. who is in charge of looking after submissions anyway?
ever hear of the sayin dont judge a book by the cover?? how i type on the forum snd how i type in reviews is different. i dont hav time to sit around n mak my posts neat and tidy like a little school girls but i do do that when im doing something professional so please excuse yourself.
author=Fallen-Griever
Based on your post, your review is terrible. Although the review staff take a while to accept/deny most things so it is possible they are just being lazy.

author=Fallen-Griever
I said, "Based on your post". I don't have time to sit around pointing out why you're an idiot, but you are.

Is this really fucking necessary, dude? If you're not going to say something constructive, or at least nice, then just not say anything at all. The entire community could learn from that. It's posts and attitudes like that, that drive away members from posting, contributing, or even coming here at all, through word of mouth alone.
this fucking topic is still going i don't think anyone has anything constructive to add
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I am pretty sure this thread has run its course.