BETTER THAN PAINT

Pages: first prev 12 last
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
It is pretty reasonable to think that was an unnecessarily rude comment without context. my bad for not knowing you are BFFs,
Wait, when did that happen?
obviously

Instead let's talk DARK COLORS! A general rule I should have mentioned when telling you to move the saturation/value... values, is that darker colors should not always have higher saturation or it will lack actual depth when used for shading. (A very dark blue can still be very vibrant with high saturation)

I also forgot to mention that pdn also gives you descending transparency values of those colors to make it easier for you to do color overlays. derp
I wonder if it's possible to download Paint from previous Windows.
i will get you for this hali
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=calunio

For what purpose? I am curious as to what has made the version of paint in question so much more horrible than the pretty horrible version/s I am familiar with and why you would actually seek to use mspaint specifically.
author=Versalia
author=calunio
For what purpose? I am curious as to what has made the version of paint in question so much more horrible than the pretty horrible version/s I am familiar with and why you would actually seek to use mspaint specifically.

The Windows 7 version completely changes the look and feel of the program. It takes longer to do anything in it.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from UPRC
The Windows 7 version completely changes the look and feel of the program. It takes longer to do anything in it.

Yep. The cursor even detects the pixels you're clicking in a different way. It's less tedious with more practice, but still not as good as the prior versions, which are also not very good anyway! So, yeah, I suppose I'll familiarize myself with Paint.net instead.
Yeah, I've noticed that. I used to use Paint for doing minor touch-ups to pixel art and graphics for RPG Maker all the time in XP and Vista, but Windows 7 just mucks it up too much. It's all wonky with how it interprets 256 colour images and yes, cursor clicks need to be so precise that it's ridiculous.

I used to use Paint Shop Pro 8 exclusively for bigger jobs and such, but I use it for everything now. Screw Paint and screw Microsoft for making it even more useless than it already was.
What's wrong with Graphics Gale? ;A;
I use paint all the time. Now that I'm doing a game with a restricted color palette, I do all the art on Paint. It's awesome.
To the person who started this thread, you might want to try Tile Studio.

http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Ohh yeah! I almost forgot about GIMP! It's free, and all you have to do is Google It!
Well, maybe. I don't think it has a Color Wheel.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Fallen-Griever
(since RM2K/3 is a massive cunt about colour depth).

Thisthisthisthisthisthis SO THIS

I'm guessing this is what prevents RM from recognizing PNGs saved in the new Paint. This was driving me nuts. Anything I edited and saved in the new Paint had to be run through Photoshop after and saved with indexed color for RM to consider it a valid image. Grrrr, so annoying!
Rhyme
Tear Harvester Rhyme
author=Adon237
Ohh yeah! I almost forgot about GIMP! It's free, and all you have to do is Google It!
Well, maybe. I don't think it has a Color Wheel.

GIMP is pretty cool. I use it for literally every graphical thing that I need to do. It can be a bit difficult to learn if you're used to Photoshop or other programs since it has a pretty different workflow.

As a side note, if you also draw digitally, there's a fork of GIMP that helps significantly.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
GRAPHICSGALE DUDE

you can RIGHT CLICK to select colours. Everything becomes so much faster and easier =3=

EDIT: rhyme I don't remember what you used to have for your avatar but I had no idea it was you just now.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
How about chara maker 99? i've seen someone use it, if you're good enough, seems you can do quite amazing things with it.
Gimp has layers. Use Gimp. ALWAYS!
Pages: first prev 12 last