THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

Yeah SnowOwl, I see there are way too many versions in your downloads section! Just keep the latest one and remove the rest...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=SnowOwl
author=LockeZ
I went to Miserererere and was like "what the diggity, 26 downloads and it gets featured? this is rigged" but then I realized that SnowOwl just doesn't understand how to update his downloads without resetting the count so that's fine, heh
Just for my own knowledge, how does one do this?

You edit your existing download instead of adding a new one. In your game's list of downloads there's an Edit button next to each one. When you edit it you can change the file as well as the name and description of the download, so the only thing it retains is the download count.

Personally I would recommend editing your one that has 900 downloads and using it as your main download. The download count for your game that shows up at the top of your game page is based on the main download only, so it's very beneficial to keep one main download and maintain your download count instead of making new ones. People will see a game with 28 downloads and just immediately leave. I almost did.

If you want the old versions to still be available for some reason, you can make a new download for the old version instead of for the new version.
Ah I see, hadn't thought of that. Thanks! Sorry to derail the thread.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
That time again.

LockeZ wanted to see an old school RPG featured.
I voted Legionwood, for the old school rpg line of thinking. I mean, it is our most downloaded game, amirite?
Tau
RMN sex symbol
A Blurred Line or some other Lysander game? Ephiams newest completed old school game Dragon Fantasy: Heroes of Tsufana maybe?
Whoa. Legionwood hasn't been featured yet?
I would've thought it'd be something that was featured a long time ago.
I think Legionwood should be given a chance, really.
Just popping in to say thanks for the feature, everyone. I wasn't expecting it to be honest, but it was a pleasant surprise! You've inspired me to work on the sequel some more.
so.... feature for March?
Maybe the winner of the Lite competition, if we've got one by then? Otherwise... hm.

Well, The World Outside, Tina of the Stars, Valthurian Arc and Jay's Journey are all, I think, worthy of a look at.
I think the chance of having a winner by Friday is zero, let's save that for April's featured game.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Tina of the Stars would be a good pick, I think. The game has glowing reviews and we haven't had a puzzle-oriented FG since Pengui.

How about a Mario game? Too niche?
April is unofficially "feature a mario game" month.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Ooh, so we could do this:

March: Tina of the Stars
April: Mario Game
May: VX Ace Lite winner
One day you will run out of games and have to put up Jay's Journey. One day.
/insert evil laughter here
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
If you want to do a Mario game in April I very much would like to see the TTBros compilation put up, especially since they're just now finishing up an expansion pack for it.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
If we're talking mario, I think nin8halos' horribly named Super Mario Bros. 3X deserves to be featured most aside from TTBros. Izgud.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I guess SDDW isn't worthy T__T
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Solitayre
If you want to do a Mario game in April I very much would like to see the TTBros compilation put up, especially since they're just now finishing up an expansion pack for it.

This. Do it.