THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You want to feature a chocobo-themed pacman clone that was made in 2004? Really? ...Really?

Or is my sarcasm detector just not functioning?

Wine & Roses isn't really even particularly Halloween themed except that it happens to have a cursed skeleton as one of the characters. There's no horror, not too much creepy, no pumpkins. Which I'd guess is probably part of why it didn't win the contest. But actually makes it better suited for the feature.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
event
The Theme? Anything related to Halloween! Horror, trick-or-treating, zombie attacks, ghosts...it's your call!

This is a very broad theme: as long as the game is in the spirit of Halloween, you'll be fine.

three exorcists explore a haunted fortress led by a skeletal lord in order to clear out his cursed family and a host of demons

not sure how this doesn't fit
I feel as though it fit the theme nicely.
Grats, Craze~ ^.^
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Haven't played the game but Nebulus has fantastic maps, it would also need a review.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Yes, I know...
Epic Elf has 2 positive reviews. Could help raise awareness for the new edition and sequel if it were featured too.
Ronove
More like Misao Stealing Prince
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I want to object to Miserere because it would be the second Yume Nikki clone we've featured, but I guess we've featured enough Mario games that this objection kind of falls flat.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Let's do a Mario game!

(Or not)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I went to Miserererere and was like "what the diggity, 26 downloads and it gets featured? this is rigged" but then I realized that SnowOwl just doesn't understand how to update his downloads without resetting the count so that's fine, heh

In the future though I'd rather see the feature spot go to mediocre RPGs from years ago than brand new amazing Yume Nikki clones. Fully one third of our featured games are not RPGs, which is kind of ridiculous. I don't say this out of exclusivity or whatever, it's just that I feel like players don't come here for adventure games and shooters, they come here for RPGs. And the featured game is there for the benefit of casually visiting players, right? When you feature something weird like that, it probably puts people off. Just food for thought for the future I guess, not trying to start a debate or anything, I can see this one is popular enough, it has over a thousand downloads
What old RPGs do you want featured, btw? I am up for that.
LockeZ
I would have to think about that! I haven't actually played more than a couple of the full-length epic RPGs we have, and those were years ago. The ones that stuck in my memory were mostly Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger fan games, but I couldn't actually tell you the names of which ones were finished, they all sound the same to me now. Final Fantasy: Lunar Fate Legend Crystal of the Chocobo Legend II-2 and Chrono Colonoscopy and whatever. I'm sure other people can name full-length RPGs they enjoyed, I was more trying to get people to suggest RPGs than trying to get you to do anything I might suggest.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=LockeZ
In the future though I'd rather see the feature spot go to mediocre RPGs from years ago than brand new amazing Yume Nikki clones.

I still have scars from the last time we did this.
LockeZ
They are girl-shaped scars. You're scarred of girls.
Buck up, Soli. I totally agreed with that game choice and I still say it was worth it. People were talking about it and it probably gathered a few more downloads and a lot more renown because of the backfire. All publicity is good~

(Besides, I always liked that particular game so it was nice to see it get some spotlight even if others disagreed.)

I vote Jay's Journey for a look back. It's all RTP goodness and has a lot of great dialogue. Well-worth a spotlight, if only because it was added to the site this year but isn't eligible for Misaos, being an old game. Also, it's complete.

Also, also - It's Antigrinot! >:O
author=LockeZ
I went to Miserererere and was like "what the diggity, 26 downloads and it gets featured? this is rigged" but then I realized that SnowOwl just doesn't understand how to update his downloads without resetting the count so that's fine, heh

Just for my own knowledge, how does one do this?
You can update downloads instead of deleting and resubmitting a new download. This has the added bonus of not having to go through the submission queue, updated downloads retain their approved status! Next time you want to upload an update just go to your game profile's downloads and click 'Edit' and you can specify the file to upload there to replace the current download.