A INTERESTING IDEA FOR A NEW RPG MAKER.

Pages: first 12 next last
I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but can a game engine rpg maker be made who is savvy enough to create a engine that has xeno-gear like graphics? 2d characters with a 3d world.

I just figured it would be the most likely step in evolution while VX and XP take on the more beautiful 2D art-work approach.

Oh btw, sorry for the long hiatus. I figured it was best for me to stay away from this site after what happened while back due to the hostility that was going on.

EDIT: The reason I say this is because you can do alot more with environments in a 3D world than you can in a 2D world setting and plus it can be more easier to make in some respects though some you have to have a little experience with it. The idea with a engine that has the Xenogear type graphics would be the way to go, not something incredibly hard to make for everyone.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but can a game engine rpg maker be made who is savvy enough to create a engine that has xeno-gear like graphics? 2d characters with a 3d world.

that's a great idea bro i'll get right on it

good thing you thought of it!

/crass

Sorry for being a crass, sometimes I cannot help myself. This isn't actually the worst topic I've seen.
author=Fallen-Griever
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1766/

Ah thank you for showing me that, btw...that picture scares me O_O.
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
I think a new RPG maker should just stick to functions rather than looks. As those seriously INTO it can do the looks themselves.

Like a function that would stick an image directly onto an event, instead of having to always change the X and & Y coordinates of it every-single-time you want an image to appear.
I always thought that knowing they in a way keep trying to reinvent the wheel, especially with VX vs. XP. So I always thought that what they should do next is add the best parts of an RPG maker and put them together, VX random dungeon generator (I always hated the RPG maker 2003 version, does anyone know how to use it because I don't!), RPG maker XP(I think it was...)4 layers, RPG maker 2003 battle system(the complete reason I love and always, unless already downloaded one of the other RPG makers, use it), and, though you can add characters already, the wide variety of characters in RPG maker 2000(wow that was a long sentence, it might as well be the whole paragraph!)! And to add 3d in as well! DANG THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME! MAKE...THAT...RPG MAKER ENTERBRAIN OR DON OR WHOEVER YOU ARE! DO IT!!!
author=Kaliesto
author=Fallen-Griever
Ah thank you for showing me that, btw...that picture scares me O_O.

Maybe that's a drawing of Madotsuki?
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
You could do that with just about any 3D engine that allows billboard sprites.

Namely, Unity.
How about a new tactical RPG maker? It's only been 15 years since their last one.
A new RPG Maker? Cool! Good luck with that! I'll stick with RM2k3 ;-)
Yeah, I rather stick with RM2k3 as well.

Considering how Indie Game Maker (or whatever the hell it was called) failed extremely quickly, it is unlikely we will be getting a new RPG Maker anytime soon, but you just never know! If there is another one coming, I would like to see something similar to Rm2k3 but with easier scripting techniques; additional battle system setups, like "Real-Time" battles; and some other do-dads. But for now, I'm happy with the engines we have right now.
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Yeah. Like animated enemy battlers. A same function for 2k3's player battlers, but with enemies, would be pretty damn wicked.
Brent
Considering how Indie Game Maker (or whatever the hell it was called) failed extremely quickly
All the other Makers (made by people who thought they could do a better Maker) failed ^_^
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Do you really wish to reignite this debate, DEACOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!?????
author=Deacon Batista
All the other Makers (made by people who thought they could do a better Maker) failed ^_^

What about Wolfcoder's, "RM20XX?" He's doing a pretty good job on it, thus far, and it might be better than whatever the hell Rm2k3 can do.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Deacon Batista
Brent
Considering how Indie Game Maker (or whatever the hell it was called) failed extremely quickly

While RMVX is questionable, I don't believe RPG Maker XP has failed. :/

Personally, I just want a new RPG Maker that does the following:

>Allows you to put in as many tileset graphics as you please (shame on you, VX).
>Allows you to use terrain tags and battle back graphics as part of the default features (VX... -_-).
>Has an organized and easy-to-understand interface (what RMVX actually did RIGHT and 2k did WRONG).
>Allows you to switch between side-view and frontal battle systems in the database (hey, it would be resource-intensive with the RTP but cool, right?)
>An RTP that is actually good (hooray for XP, boo for VX).
>Screen resolution customization as a default feature (almost every game maker I've seen has that).

Eh, one can dream, can't they? The release of RMVX made me wonder if the developers of these systems actually listen to their fans.
I heard that there's a hacked version of RPG Maker 2000 that expands its features and improves the interface. I'd look into that.
author=Deacon Batista
Brent

Game Maker
An API would be nice, so that people could write extensions into the maker itself (like, say, a GUI. Melody's battle system would be so much more user-friendly if it had a GUI).
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=Brent
Considering how Indie Game Maker (or whatever the hell it was called) failed extremely quickly,

If we're talking the YoYo Games Game Maker... well it still seems to be going strong.. (oh hay, they changed their homepage to some strange shit..)
Pages: first 12 next last