MOST LOVED MOST HATED RM GAMES

Also...

author=Saya
I really really liked Dhux's Scar. It may have been a train-wreck of a plot, but I loved it nevertheless.

Dhux's Scar plot is the most awesome plot ever.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
My Most Love RM Games:
1. Universal Language/Notes on the Second Mellynd War (2k3)
2. Love & War
3. Onyx and Onyx 2: Clinging Soul
4. Iron Gaia
5. Cyber Factor
6. Demo for Shadow's Reach
7. Starless Umbra
8. Forever's End
9. Ascendance on that one Release Something
10. Legion Saga II

I really enjoyed playing, sometimes get frustrated, at the RM games listed above. I know that what makes a game, "a game," is the gameplay and the mechanics, but I am one of those people who enjoys a game if the characters and/or plot is at least decent. A game with a great game will always be ruin with terrible, terrible characters. Unless the MC is meant to be silent/somewhat-silent (Cyber Factor :3).

EDIT: After listing all these games, I wished I had more time to re-replay these games. That, and I wished I had a external back in the day before the crash...
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Thanks for the mentions! My self-esteem depends entirely on the accolades of others, heh heh.

By the way, the most hated game is Laxius Power!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
"the most hated game is Laxius Power!"
wow, I didn't dare say it! but yes! really.
Most Loved:
Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis

Most Hated:
Dragon Ball AF (Can't believe I played that crap) ._.

I liked Laxius Power, even though it took me 3 tries to really get into it (the Engrish was a major turn off at first, but eventually somewhat became part of its charm). It was Laxius Power III that I absolutely hated. 7 hours in the first adventure area? C'mon! Stupidest rm balancing I've ever witnessed.
1. Three the Hard Way
2. Tales of the Drunken Paladin
3. The Way - Series
4. Ara Fell
5. Idunn Ymirlador
6. NigSek
7. A Blurred Line
8. Aptos Adventures (underrated)
9. Leo and Leah
10. Ascendance RSD
(I know I am missing some treasures that do not come to mind now)

Game I might have liked most had I not stopped playing it
Balmung Cycle (pacing was throwing me off)

Games that made me ask "How did this get popular?"
Forever's End
Naufragar
Laxative Power

Games that took the biggest dive on my favorites list
Legend of Philosophers Stone (Once great, did not hold up through time)
Grave Spirit (same, but is still liked)

Games I think will one day join my faves list
Bun Legends
Amulet of Fate
Final Fantasy Essence
Universe Insane
One of Max McGee's games I have not played yet. Could be any of them, they look interesting.
Someone's game I know of that has not been publicly announced yet.^^
On the subject of Laxius Power...

I thought Laxius Power II was actually quite fun. I played it a few years back... however, even though it was advertised as being literally 30 - 50 hours long, my play time was actually only a little over 5 hours. I completed it with every character, too.

Another thing... this is almost embarrassing to say, and maybe it was because I was much younger, but... Laxius Power II is probably one of the two RM games to actually make me feel something. There's a twist at the end of Random's segment (a death) that I was honestly saddened by.
it's okay dethmetal, you're on your way to recovery, soon your memories of laxius power will be erased forever.
Laxius Power kept me away from RM games for several years.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I only brought Laxius Power up because of the misao fiasco that earned it eternal animosity from the RM community. I haven't actually played it and certainly don't hate it myself. Meh.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Locked up games again, where they think I can't use mack/blue refmap resources in xyz files. Wait, what?

Make sure you lock up your games, so I can't get past something. :p
Thanks Illustrious for the mention! :D Like Oblivion/Morrowind, there will be a story present, but its mainly a backseat to the overall gameplay and exploration. So I hope people, when it comes time for Amulet of Fate release, to not judge solely on story, because I suck at telling them, thus the 'method' I went about creating the RPG so the focus was more on characters than over-arcing story.

As far as this topic goes, I can honestly say I haven't played a single one of those games listed here. I.....don't play RM games...ever. >_> Does that make me weird? I've only really played mine. I guess that's good in a sense, I am not influenced by other people's work and get disheartened by extreme expectations...
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=Illustrious
Someone's game I know of that has not been publicly announced yet.^^

I think I have an idea of whose that is!
Games that I love:
1) Alter AILA Genesis
2) Last Scenario
3) Exit Fate
4) Visions & Voices
5) The Way
6) Grand Intention (Japanese RPG)
7) Another Japanese RPG which I am currently translating ;)
8) Balmung Cycle
9) Dhux's Scar (Awesome storyline)
10) Romancing Walker
11) Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
12) Demon Legacy
13) Hero's Realm
14) Three the Hard Way
15) The Sword and the Fish
16) Ara Fell
17) Avarice

Yep, so far so good :p

EDIT: Oh, and at one point, I liked Laxius Power. When I tried replaying though after playing numerous better ones, it just becomes different...
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
OOOh! I loved "the Sword and the Fish", played it twice, laughed so much! (except tne end where it falls back on an eternel cliche in rpgs, with crystals to find, etc.)
@eplipswich: No FE? :(

(I'm only saying this because you've always been one of the few people who frequently posts stuff on my gamepage, so I've always considered you a fan. Yeah, I pay attention to that stuff =_=; ).
author=NicoB
@eplipswich: No FE? :(

Not yet, NicoB. Not yet :) But will soon (once I get myself off my laziness and continue the latest demo >.<)

Also, the fact that FE isn't entirely complete yet. But I have faith in you and your game :)
author=darkflamewolf
As far as this topic goes, I can honestly say I haven't played a single one of those games listed here. I.....don't play RM games...ever. >_> Does that make me weird? I've only really played mine. I guess that's good in a sense, I am not influenced by other people's work and get disheartened by extreme expectations...

I get the feeling you'll be influenced by commercial RPGs anyway. I've actually always wondered what would happen if someone who never played an RPG before made a game in RM, like... after making the crappy alex rtp adventure and learning the program etc.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Well, why should we play darkflamewolf's game if s/he would never play any of ours?
Like his/hers is any better than anyone elses. :3 lol
/end of stupid comment.
Tales of Fantasy. Awesomeness. Unveiled.