MOST LOVED MOST HATED RM GAMES

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from dethmetal
Most loved:
Demon Hunter - Seeker of Power
Pokemon the Evil Inside 2

Man, for a second there, lemme tell ya...

I won't lie; I usually browse topics like these just to see if/where anything I made was mentioned (like I did just now!). I suppose for anyone to really love or hate my games, they'd have to actually try them first.

I could list the games I was impressed by, but most of the ones I played on RMN I ended up reviewing anyway, so you can kinda see my opinions of them there.

...okay, fine, just one shout-out: U.S.G. ~A New Beginning~
Games I loved:
Until My Finest Hour.
Demon Hunter.
Heisen Hill.
Pokemon Evil Inside 2.
Taut.
Legion Saga 1,2,3,R.
Demon Legacy & Phantom Legacy.
Seekers of the Sun
Story of Innocence (Demo)

Games I disliked.
Ara Fell.
Origin Evil:Resident Evil.
Solar Tear
ChronoTrigger:Prelude to a Dream
Chrono Crisis
Chrono Chronicles
SagaWind 1.
Back Stage.

Game I hated:
Heart of Evil

Legion Saga 1 suffered from a slow walk speed and a too high encounter rate. Also, I never understood why or how Durane was brainwashed.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
@Zaeran & Chana: Don't mind my post, I am/was making an arse of myself... again.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Games that I liked:
Pokemon Evil Inside II
Dragon Warrior 4: Renaissance (Sadly it was cancelled, would've loved to see the full game)
Hero's Realm (Nobody here can hate it)
The Way
Everlasting Journey
Aptos Adventures DX (We need more games like this)

Games I disliked:

Demon Legacy (I didn't really understand the plot, but eh, not that I even understand games that have a dark theme and plot. Or I really doubt that I even know if it has dark theme and plot)
Demon Destiny
Complete Chaos, and other Yeaster's games. (Sorry, I somewhat feel constantly that they're repetitive in gameplay D: )
most loved
Hero's Realm

most hated
Hellion

i know this isn't a very big list but i haven't been on this site very long
Guess I'll make my lil' list:

Liked:
Alter Aila and AAGenesis
Book of Three
Legend of the Philosophers Stone
Devil Hunter: Seeker of Power
A Blurred Line
Sacred Earth
Naufragar: Crimson
Rose Chronicles
Legion Saga 1,2,3, R and Curse of Silence.
Zephyrus and the Kingdom of Heaven

Disliked:
Gaia's Destiny: A New Threat
Boss Project IV (Nothin' personal Ephiam)
Somewhat Chronicles of Haledoes (the game got glitchy and confusing at some points.)
author=Nightowl

You are awesome for mentioning this. I hope this game gets considered for a feature.
author=Illustrious
author=Nightowl
You are awesome for mentioning this. I hope this game gets considered for a feature.

doubtful, the download isn't even there.
How have people not mentioned Light Prism or Migai Shinoyu?
Well Chana, Visions and Voices was visually appealing but the battling killed it for me. The game felt like a chore rather than enjoyment because of it. I thought it was far too hard at the start and battling lasted way too long!

The balance was ridiculous and it got a lot easier at the end. What the heck is that about. I mean games are meant to start of easy, get challenging, become hard and then extremely difficult. Not the other way round. That truly pissed me off. Great story and everything but the balance was way off.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Funny, the combat in Visions and Voices is the only thing I enjoyed about it. I absolutely loved the combat, the difficulty on nightmare mode felt perfect. But the story, graphics, exploration, equipment, noncombat skills, and everything else felt like they added nothing to the game. It could have just been an endless string of battles and I would have had exactly as much fun.

The worst RPG Maker games I've played are ones that aren't on this site because they would never be accepted by any site that had any sort of criteria. Most of them were on Don Miguel's board. They were typically some fuckhead's first attempt at making a game, and said fuckhead probably spent about 10 hours figuring out the maker and slapping together some sort of bullshit that ended up looking similar to what an extraterrestrial might produce if they only had a very vague description of what a video game was. Thankfully, I don't remember any of their names, though I'm pretty sure most of them had titles like Jake's Game.

The RM game I have the fondest memories of is The Most Stupidest Game Ever: Re-Duh.
And the combat is something that is heavily focused on that game. If you don't like that way the author set up the battles then you won't enjoy the game pretty much. Some players don't like having to think about methods to defeat enemies especially at the start. Damaging the enemy did hardly any damage so battles took so damn long!
Loved
Sword and the Fish
Take Down Legacy Remix
The Way IV
Legendary Adventure
A Blurred Line
Alter Aila (I liked the original a lot, but the bosses were so hard haha)

Disliked
Can't remember right now. I'm usually pretty good at finding games that I know I'll like.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Since The Sword and the Fish is cited, though it's not on rmn, definitely, at the very top with ABL (or right after?) : Sunset Over Imdhal!
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Somehow I am incoherently overjoyed to see that Cosplay Crisis hasn't been mentioned. Don't ask why. Probably because I assume it's always going to be under disliked :>.

Anyway...RM games that I liked...

Alter A.I.L.A Genesis, what I played of it
Sacred Earth: Bonds

Most hated:
Vacant Sky
Visions and Voices, only really for the battles
Legendary Legend
Vacant Sky I thought was ok but I couldn't get into it. However Visions and Voices I totally agree with you on that.
The Way's probably my favorite RPG Maker game. It's followed very, very closely by Dhux's Scar. Oddly enough, both were made using 2000! I guess that when it comes down to it, the skill and soul of the creator is ultimately more important than the flexibility of the maker itself.

Hero's Realm is third (and is probably the best in terms of mechanics.) Lost Scenario and Exit Fate come right after. Sword and the Fish is pretty cute. The Longing Ribbon's absolutely terrifying. Wildcard's remarkably underrated and very well made. Everlong's probably the most polished game I've played in the engine, although it isn't as interesting as any of those listed above.

Leo and Leah and The Reconstruction stand a pretty good chance of making it up there if I finish them. As for RPG Maker games I hate...well, I make a point not to play games that I don't have fun playing, so I think it's kind of a waste of effort to actively campaign against projects that people probably spent a great deal of time making. I do think that Shadows of Evil: The Wings of Time was a stronger game in its previous incarnation, though, so I guess there is that?
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=yamata no orochi
I do think that Shadows of Evil: The Wings of Time was a stronger game in its previous incarnation, though, so I guess there is that?
I liked Shadows Of Evil: The Wings of Time's previous version too but the new version just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I wish the older version was available still.
Well, more reason to go ask SegNin if he has an older version of it.