old 4/2011 video of first 10 mins sorry i couldnt be bothered to make a new one, new version is the same except it has the in-battle graph equip system etc
The Oathguard series primarily follows the life of Myunh Yala, an Oathguard who is accused of subversive activity in her home country of Sinolor. Knowing she is indeed partially culpable, and fearing the punishment she faces if convicted, Myunh reluctantly flees to the neighboring Thassadia at the behest of Alrion Yala, her mysterious cousin.
Four years later, the machinations of ambitious men in every nation have caused the continent’s political climate to shift drastically for the worse, and Myunh’s connection to Alrion—perhaps the most ambitious man of all—will take her back to Sinolor, the stage for the upcoming conflict. There, she will confront her past choices, reunite with old friends and foes alike, and find herself becoming more than just a witness to history in the making as she fights to repel a relentless invasion.
While she is initially more or less only along for the ride thanks to her sibling-like relationship with Alrion, various meetings, happenings, and revelations during the course of the series will lead Myunh to take a more active role as a leader.
But whether she finds herself to be a hero by the story’s end is another matter entirely.
This Prologue takes place 23 years before Myunh’s return to her homeland, during the height of what would later be called the Fortnight War.
While skirmishes rage elsewhere, a veteran Oathguard of Sinolor has embarked on a mission to apprehend several “Compremised” Oathguards who appear to be defecting to the enemy nation, Heiml, via the treacherous Banda mountain range that forms a natural border between the countries.
Sinolor’s military leadership, preoccupied with the main war effort, issues this otherwise-critical mission with indifference. However, it is of great personal importance to one they have dispatched to complete it—for the most powerful of the targets she relentlessly pursues is also her husband, and she has resolved to end his life if he really is a traitor, in order to protect their daughter. More than anything, though, she seeks the truth.
She is Ordinator Gela Yala. The fugitive is former Ordinator Bocheul Yala. Their daughter Myunh is yet an infant, but the events that follow her parents’ confrontation at Banda Pass will shape the course of her life, among many others’.
The year is 781 S.A., and the continent quietly teeters on the end of an era.
Designed in RM2k3, Oathguard's Prologue features:
* A traditional turn-based battle system that uses a unique "Demon Transformation" system similar to those in the Shadow Hearts or Persona series
* Ability to equip skills on the fly in battle in order to combat enemies of a certain type more effectively
* Various types of weapons, graphs, and coins available to equip that grant different types of basic attacks in battle, or passive abilities
* Customizaiton of Gela's stats to fit the player's gameplay stye by using "Remnants" gained from leveling up
* Several unique gameplay touches, such as the "Magis Eye", which keeps the player aware of important events or battles up ahead (as a handy reminder to save his/her game); and the "Converse" option, which updates the player on the current situation while also adding to the game's narrative
Designer and Producer
Primary QA Testers
March 2007 - Present
November 2009 - November 2012
LOOK MAN IF U WANT GAMEPLAY IMAGES PLAY THE GAME OK. this is so cool the colors remind me of phantasy star 1 thank you again mr alterego!!!
cleaned up the frontpage and moved this fiberous oatguard fanart by alterego to the img section. ps gela made me some oatmeal this morning u jelly