WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Cat ill. Paralysis tick. Was afraid she was going to die, she's old (but healthy & fit, fortunately), but according to the vet she is okay.

Thank crapping Jesus for that!
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
That's good news suzy.
Yeah! I know there are a bunch of cat lovers here that would relate to pet-death fear, haha
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'd relate to pet-death fear and pet death. It's no fun.

author=Pizza
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-19-hospitalized-thousands-evacuated-in-gas-leak-at-rosemont-hotel-20141207-story.htmlTotally reasonable thing. Especially the comment that "people usually pull the fire alarm to make them stand outside and humiliate them". I didn't need to know that people did stuff like this, especially not right before I go to sleep.

Fucking pigs.

For Christ's sake! No one likes furries, but don't try to poison them after they've spent so much money on fursuits and reservations to an event of fun and togetherness! Fursecution!
That's awful. If it was like a NAMBLA convention or something, it would be justified (I'm half-serious, I don't condone this sort of violence, but... yeah). But consenting adults, I mean obviously that attack is terrible. Let these people convene in peace, crazy gas zealot :/
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
author=suzy_cheesedreams
Cat ill. Paralysis tick. Was afraid she was going to die, she's old (but healthy & fit, fortunately), but according to the vet she is okay.

Thank crapping Jesus for that!

oh boy, I sure know what you went through.
My Samantha is 13yrs old...I am dreading the day she is gone :(
I think my cat is fifteen.

I haven't had any close pets die before, it's going to be awful when it does happen - four cats for more than half of my life, blehhh

Anyway, my dad is picking her up from the vet tomorrow.
Linkis
Glad to hear kitty is coming home :)

When I was about 13 my cat Putty was hit by a car....DAMN, I cried
for days. Actually had to take a few days off from school :)
That's understandable. That would be so upsetting.
author=Corfaisus
I'd relate to pet-death fear and pet death. It's no fun.

author=Pizza
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-19-hospitalized-thousands-evacuated-in-gas-leak-at-rosemont-hotel-20141207-story.htmlTotally reasonable thing. Especially the comment that "people usually pull the fire alarm to make them stand outside and humiliate them". I didn't need to know that people did stuff like this, especially not right before I go to sleep.

Fucking pigs.

For Christ's sake! No one likes furries, but don't try to poison them after they've spent so much money on fursuits and reservations to an event of fun and togetherness! Fursecution!

I mean, even I think that fursuits are fucking weird as hell but... Chlorine Gas? Why not just get some fucking Zyklon B or Sarin while you're at it? This shit would be over the news for weeks if it was a con for LGBTQ or Women's Rights or something, but it's already fallen off of the radar because it's a "weird niche culture" or whatever. Fuck sakes. I'm probably assuming a lot, but when someone tries to gas likeminded people to death it hits a chord.

Anyways...

A cat being 15 years old is crazy, Suzy. A year or two ago one of my cats died- she was 16 years old, weighed 35 pounds and was senile/arthritic. It was sad, but my mom had to put her down since she couldn't function anymore (she couldn't even get up to go to her litterbox).

I was sad, but not as you might think. I sort of accepted it after such a long time- when I woke up and saw that she wasn't on her usual chair I just thought "Well, she's dead."
Yeah, already I was trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst, thinking that just having three little cats in the kitchen at night was potentially going to be normal from then on haha...

I totally understand having to put them down to put them out of their misery; my aunt recently euthanized her elderly dog, as she found her one morning in her own sick. She had both eyes removed before that (but was otherwise happy until this incident).
I've realized a few things about myself, but I'm at a loss at how to shift my focus so I actually do the shit I should do. I am not even really wanting it.

*sigh* Having a bad day. Let us commence the happy music therapy!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Linkis
Glad to hear kitty is coming home :)

When I was about 13 my cat Putty was hit by a car....DAMN, I cried
for days. Actually had to take a few days off from school :)

I'm fortunate that when Charlie passed away, I was home without work or school to worry about. We were like brothers and, when he was gone, the world lost its music. There was this deafening silence about my life during that time, and I cried every day. I could feel a cat-shaped hole in my heart. This was mid 2011.

author=suzy_cheesedreams
Yeah, already I was trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst, thinking that just having three little cats in the kitchen at night was potentially going to be normal from then on haha...

I totally understand having to put them down to put them out of their misery; my aunt recently euthanized her elderly dog, as she found her one morning in her own sick. She had both eyes removed before that (but was otherwise happy until this incident).

Oh, trust me, there's no way to prepare for the sudden emptiness that accompanies loss. The house will feel a little bigger because there's clearly something missing. My cat was getting old, thin, and had stopped eating for a while before his death. He couldn't even stand up without supporting himself against the wall and when he looked at you, you could tell that he was looking "through" you because his mind had gone, but he still purred when we gave him affection.

I was trying to deal with the eventual loss from back in 2008, but when it finally hit, I couldn't cope.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Hm, I guess I don't really connect with animals as much as everyone else. My dog was put down two years ago due to something blocking his bladder so he couldn't pee. Couldn't afford the surgery, so we put him out of his misery, and I know it was misery for him, he whined all the time when the problem occurred.
There were no tears from me, but my family cried. I was as connected to him as everyone else, I had thought.
Hm.
Well, the cat is fine. But my granddad just had a stroke. Yeesh.

And Corfaisus, that's terribly sad.

My acts fortunately aren't at that stage of life, yet, they're all healthy physically and mentally. We live in the country, so I think that may have benefitted them more than living in a town? I don't know. There's probably a much lower chance of being run over, for starters.

Linkis
OK people, you can change the topic now :)

I don't see to well, through watery eyeballs :)
Yeah, haha. Sorry if I've bummed anyone out XD
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, I'm glad kitty's okay.

All of blessings and energy go out to your grandfather.
Yeah, he's on life support but from what I gather he's more or less gone. Thanks, though.
Corfaisus
Your favorite chair is vacant now...
No eager purrs to greet me
No softly padded paws to run
ecstatically to meet me

No coaxing rubs, no plaintive cry
Will say it's time for feeding
I've put away your bowl,
And all the things you won't be needing

But I will miss you little friend,
For I could never measure
the happiness you brought me,
the comfort and the pleasure.

And since God put you here to share
In earthly joy and sorrow
I'm sure there'll be a place for you
in Heaven's bright tomorrow...

This poem (or something like it; I had to use Google) came with the grave marker we ordered for Charlie after his passing. I feel it's reasonable to share it now.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread the previous post as the cat was the one on life-support. Now I feel like a big dumb. :\

Granted, I've also lost my grandfather on my mother's side and that was no fun either, so I know how that can be.