WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
@Jeroen:
Go on your mailbox and click the button "Reset Unread Count" at the bottom. That should do the trick.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=NeverSilent
@Jeroen:
Go on your mailbox and click the button "Reset Unread Count" at the bottom. That should do the trick.

Thanks!
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Nice avatar NeSi XD.

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
@Jeroen:
Graag gedaan!

@nhubi:
Thanks, I'm glad you think so. It was made for me by another very nice user. You probably don't know him, though. ;)

(I'll probably change it back in a few days, I'm the type of person who usually sticks with one avatar throughout. But until then, celebration time!)
Whoever nabbed that spambot before I got to him, good job~ >.<)b He won't be back.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Just took my first shower of the new year. The last one I took before that was before Christmas. I'm gross.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Corfaisus
Just took my first shower of the new year. The last one I took before that was before Christmas. I'm gross.

There are no words...

The only reason I take a bath every other day is because the hot water heater is old and I don't want to overwork it.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
What's worse: being called out by your mother and brother about how your handwashing sounds like people having sex, or hearing your parents actually having sex in the other room while you're stuck bare-assed on the toilet? Give me a break.
Hearing your parents have sex. That's worse than mostly anything.
pianotm
Ah...you see...I've never heard that.

Anyway, what I'm thinking:

Now that I'm working with VX Ace, I've decided I really quite despise the graphics...passionately.

I mean, seriously, no wonder there's so many Pokemon fan games: what else would you make with this? Going to start looking into converting 2K3 chip and char sets to VX Ace, from here on.
There are other graphic packs available - High Fantasy, DS/DS+, Celianna and Lunarea's works.

I don't see Pokemon when I look at the RTP - not sure where you get that from (also, there were a hell of a lot of Pokemon games on XP and 2k/3 too. I think Pokemon is popular as a game creation, no matter what engine and with what graphics. XD )
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=ivoryjones
Huh why did you hate it? And ooh software development. Weeeeell xP
Too much work (inc. weekends), not enough support, awful working environment, poor working practices (e.g. no unit-testing), lack of care for developers. Oh, and crappy pay, of course.
Was said interesting job the one you had before?

(I might as well get my ass on IRC lol)
author=pianotm
I mean, seriously, no wonder there's so many Pokemon fan games: what else would you make with this? Going to start looking into converting 2K3 chip and char sets to VX Ace, from here on.

I have a collection of converted 2k3 RTP, if you're interested.

Over the last two nights I've had dreams about not being able to drive on icy roads, which are then followed by dreams about my father being angry at me. I don't know why it keeps happening, but it's fucking annoying to say the least.

By not being able to drive on icy roads, I mean that the wheels of my Dodge Ram seem to have no traction at all, and I spend the entirety of the driving fishtailing and doing 360s if I attain any amount of speed.
Corfaisus
I had a dream that I was Jesus in a play of some sort and I was hung (not crucified, but hung like with a rope) over an open fire in an ashy cloth over my clothes and a crown of thorns lined with occasional small flowers pressed into my head. Beside me was a woman in a similar situation. Afterward, I took off the crown of thorns and found puncture marks in my forehead, and the only thing on my mind was "did my mother appreciate that?"

This was yesterday.
pianotm
As a matter of fact, I am interested, Pizza.

As for your dream, you either feel like you aren't in control of events, or you aren't being careful about what you're doing and losing control (an automobile in a dream always represents you, and what it's doing in your dream is a reflection of your awareness: ergo, if your headlights are broken in the dream, you're not watching where you're going in waking. If you're speeding in the dream, you're not patient in waking.). As for your father, some context for the dream would help.

Corfaisus, is your mother the type of person who's never satisfied with what you do? For example, if you came home with an A, would she berate you for not getting an A+?
Corfaisus
It's probably so-so like everyone else, but what I drew from the dream was my facade of being a Christian for my mother's sake. No one else in the house takes her side in a religious debate and I figured I'd have to throw my hat into the ring to keep her from completely going off the deep-end (she's already bipolar).
Piano what does it mean to wipe pebble-like shit from your ass in a semi-public setting?
Oooh~ Dream interpretations? I had one a few nights ago that stuck with me. It's a bit long, though.

Main character of this dream wasn’t me, but another woman. She was in love with a man and his brother, though she remained true to the man she was with (the younger brother).

Went to see them at the TV show they were recording and found a strange hole in the ground. Went down, lover followed to see what was going on. They got stuck down there. Called for help, the brother came down as well - also stuck. Found some strange device and broke it by accident. Suddenly earthquakes and screaming.

When they woke they were in the same place, but it was a small cave with two (three) exits. Looking through one they saw something like an alter. They watched as a man was skewered alive by some people who were flying with wings. They were like warriors with white wings, who flew and attacked with spears at close range.

Deciding not to go that way, they looked in the other door out and found nothing but a wasteland. It was getting dark, so they decided to spend the night, but the lover found a hole and slipped in it after they got into an argument and found himself under water.

Swimming up he found that it was connected to a large lake-like area and there were a lot of other people in the water, hiding under it to save themselves from aerial attack. He brought them back to the cave, which was less like a cave and really more like a storage area, with old dusty blankets and food items in one small part.

There they made a plan to leave in the morning. They blocked off both exits so that nothing could get in, but they heard on the alter side that the winged men were going to have a ceremony the next night at this cave, so decided leaving was a good idea.

They came up with a plan to split in to groups and head off in different directions. They spent a restless night listening to screaming and battles and looking out they saw strange, horrible monstrous creatures in the darkness.

Morning came and they slept fitfully for a few hours before deciding to start. Among the group were a number of older men and women, some younger ones, a few parents with kids, some teens and a few other adults.

They each go a blanket and a day’s worth of food (divided as equally as possible). It took a while to get ready, and they’d put up a tent outside the non-alter side of the cave. Unfortunately, by the time they’d gotten all sorted, night was coming in and a rain of arrows broke through the tent. The enemy had come.

This was their ceremonial battle grounds, and thus, any who were here must fight to appease their gods (and their own love of killing - after spilling blood on these grounds they would be in a state of berserk and chase down anything near by to kill).

Girl ran inside, being chased by one of the clan chieftains. He was blocked by lovers’ brother (who was then killed by another) and as she slipped into the water hole she saw lover squaring off with him. He wasn’t berserked and kept his eye on her, trying to get to her. His last words as she slipped under were English (before they’d been speaking another language, though they could talk English - idk) and he said that he’d find her no matter where she went - that he never let prey escape.

She grabbed the blanket roll she’d made and took them with her. One was a large brown fur, another was silky and oiled (she’d wrapped her blankets in it to protect them earlier as it had looked like it was going to rain). When she got out of the lake (no-one was there), she started to walk in any direction. She slept the night in a tree, wrapping the brown fur around her in order to blend in better.

Then there were flashes of a flying city that was safe from the winged people, another of a giant, then the chieftain trying to get inside of a house that she’d built which was secure from his attacks, lastly of the chieftain trying to make her his woman.

Weird dream, but I think I’ve had it before - it feels familiar. I know I’ve seen the flying city before (and the people in it are a bunch of assholes who hate outsiders and won’t let them live there) and the wasted lands are also familiar. The brothers are also kind of familiar, though the main character of the dream was new.

The winged horde is, I think, either something I dreamed of once before or new (I’m leaning towards new).

Sometimes I have the best dreams...
author=pianotm
As a matter of fact, I am interested, Pizza.

As for your dream, you either feel like you aren't in control of events, or you aren't being careful about what you're doing and losing control

I'll get right on sending you those resources.

The dream analysis would make sense, considering I'm struggling to develop a viable commercial RPG right now. There's other stuff too I guess- I just gave up drinking (mostly) and smoking pot, in addition to starting a healthier diet. Chemistry in the body might be a little fucked in comparison to what's "normal" for my brain.

There is of course, the periodic lull in romantic affairs within my life, wondering about identity and who I am and all that jazz. Went out to dinner last night, and it was totally ruined by seeing people in relationships in the city. I don't know what it is, even if I don't catch sight of couples, whenever I go out into the city I wish I could be there with (one of) my significant other(s).

The role my Dad played in the dreams was as follows:

1st Dream: Normal. After crashing the truck (which is his) he was pissed off at me. I seemed to be avoiding him, as the ruined truck was sitting in our driveway and I was somewhere far away looking at it.

2nd Dream: He came to visit our apartment in Toronto. I recall he was always out of my vision, and he was criticizing these plywood panels that were holding the place together. He found the picture of Maid Marian that I have on my wall and freaked out about it. There was some other stuff too, but that basically covers the important things.