IF YOUR GAME HAS THESE WORDS IN ITS TITLE, IT'S A BIG RED FLAG

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
@AquaXranoX, due to the nature of the "Tales of..." games, anything with Tales of as the title sounds like a fangame (so should be a no-no for original games)
I'll bookmark this topic for future reference when trying to come up with a new title name.
Ok, i'll make sure to change my title up then.
I'm surprised that I've never made a red/yellow flag game title. But, then again, I did work on a game called "Lost Sanctuary" back when I was a noob, and both those words should probably be on the list...
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Might as well tack 'Pokémon' on that list, too.
author=iishenron
Any title of nobility

...But SSP is amazing. Sadface.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Only reason I call my game Dragon's Tear, is because back in 04-05 it's what it was called. A sort of tribute you could say. But yeah iishenron is right and I can't believe you forgot to mention fate.
author=kentona
I'll bookmark this topic for future reference when trying to come up with a new title name.

I Expect You To Die
The problem actually isn't with those words themselves, but rather the mindset of people who might use them. So changing the name of your game to a different one probably won't do much.

That said, professionals often use easily recognizable words associated with their theme/type of game. See Dragon Age, Pokemon, Legend of Mana/Zelda/Puppyland and basically every other game ever.

So, uh, just make a good game and don't worry about the name too much? :P
The first thing someone would notice about a game is it's name... (unless you saw the screenshot first, but it's usually the name!) Even some people on this thread have admitted that they don't like games with such names.

Also, I think "chronicle(s)" should also be on that list.
author=Lyric
author=iishenron
Any title of nobility

Star Stealing Prince is a good title too :x
and I use princess princess. is that a red flag?
When I was about 14/15 me and some friends wrote and filmed a really badly made short parody fantasy film and we decided to give it the worst title we could come up with.

The result was.

"Tales of the Adventure Quest"

So yeah, anything resembling that is kinda auto-bad in my mind.

A few years later "Adventure Quest" is a a thing.. Go figure.

But yeah.. 90% of game titles are terrible and huge turn offs.
author=Lyric

I don't have anything against that name but I can't avoid thinking in star stealing girl song of chrono cross, maybe that was the intention to begin with.
A game's title being a rip-off isn't as bad as the game itself being a rip-off IMO...
Besides, the title's a rip-off only if players know what it is inspired from: Star Stealing Prince for instance is clearly inspired from Star Stealing Girl, Kid's music theme and alias in Chrono Cross.
*looks at list, looks at his own games*
Monopolo is safe.
Stock Ticker is safe.
Sugar is safe.
The Aquatic Adventures Of Scuba Steve is alright (even though the title may sound like it's gonna be pretty bad).

But, yeah, like somebody else said: you can never judge a book by its cover. I guess if you want something that people will take you more seriously in, you need a more well-rounded out title.
So I guess "The Arms of Reverie" is good? Or is "The ___ of ____" a red flag too?
author=Darken
author=kentona
I Expect You To Die
The Trials & Tribulations of choosing a title is such a Befuddle Quest!
What about Journey? Surely that's a red flag word? Journey to ____, ___'s Journey, etc.
So far, my game's title is safe from the unforgiving weight of public opinion. Hope the list doesn't get too much bigger.

Eternal should be at the top, if only because people misuse it all the time. Eternal Genesis? Eternal Star? Eternal Odyssey? Eternal Destiny? Really?
Well, maybe Eternal Odyssey is mildly relevant.
author=Gavaroc Fevinor
What about Journey? Surely that's a red flag word? Journey to ____, ___'s Journey, etc.

Don't stop believing.