+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

Uhhh, I got the item use glitch. How do you fix it again?
is possible to have picsinbattle patch in ips format?
Still wondering if it's possible for anyone to touch up on the Conditions Icon plugin, so that it doesn't have like a bajillion icons on screen at once (and that the icons can be aligned to the sprites better, or better yet be aligned to above their portraits if it's possible to do it that way). Twould make showing what statuses the player has a lot easier. As it stands right now, while I appreciate the plugin, it needs a lot more work done to make it even more feasible. x_x;;
@kaine87: Yes, just create it using Lunar IPS (by comparing a patched and unpatched file).
I don't read all in this topic, so maybe somebody had yet this question.

Can dyn rpg make RM2k battle system? Cherry made turn-based system rm2k3 patch, but he isn't this same system, like in 2k.

If in dyn rpg doesn,t make this BS, will dyn rpg release on rm2k?

I like patches, but I'm afraid use dyn rpg, because I'm afraid buggy plugins written by inexperienced scripters. And I use RM2k, because I don't like BS in RM2k3 (ATB and a lot of bugs).
When i try and download this thing, all i get is a page filled with odd texts...
Is a plugin saving the value of Hero's or Monster's stat into a variable (or the name as a string) possible? Hero/Monster lookup either by a plain number or by variable.

I'd kill for something like that at the moment :)

EDIT: Looked around a little more and seems that DynPointer does some of this.
@Cage:

The RPGSS plugin exposes most of the DynRPG API to script, so you could just write a few Lua functions that do exactly what you want and call them from event code whenever you need.

An example for such Lua function:

function get_partymember_hp_maxhp(partymember_id, var_hp, var_maxhp)
game.variables[var_hp] = game.party[partymember_id].hp
game.variables[var_maxhp] = game.party[partymember_id].maxHp
end

You can call this function then like this (event code comment):

@call get_partymember_hp_maxhp, 1, 10, 11

Which saves the HP and max HP for the first party member (the hero) into variables 10 and 11 respectively.
I have followed Cherry's step-by-step Getting Started Guide on his DynRPG website. I am using Codeblocks with the GCC compiler that came with the download link that he provided. I was able to successfully build and test the sample "are_you_sure" plug-in and it works, but if I then try to build and test the sample "condition_icons" plug-in (by copying the respective source code off the website), the plug-in builds properly, everything looks good (plug-in is in the right place), but during testing the plug-in just fails to do its job for whatever reason and I'm kind of at a loss right now...
Hello everyone, I've been using DynRPG v0.20 and I have run into a possible bug. Or I'm just doing something horribly wrong. I cannot get drawText() to work.

Example of how I'm using it:
#include "main.h"
#include <DynRPG/DynRPG.h>

RPG::Image* test_image;

void onInitFinished(){
	test_image = RPG::Image::create(320,240);
	test_image->setSystemPalette();
	test_image->useMaskColor = true;
}

void onFrame( RPG::Scene scene ){
	if( scene == RPG::SCENE_MAP ){
		test_image->clear();
		test_image->drawText( 10, 10, "Hello World", 0 );
		RPG::screen->canvas->draw( 0, 0, test_image );
	}
}

It compiles just fine, but when the drawText command occurs at runtime, I get memory read errors ("Access violation in module 'RPG_RT.exe' in with address 0040293E and offset 64EAF000 of type Read occured."). It appears that the method is ignoring the length of the string and just keeps reading memory. (Once, instead of crashing it actually output text, but it included the content of a bunch of other strings).

I'm using Code::Blocks 13.12, which comes with GCC 4.7.1. Also, here's a link to a simple project with the problem, in case anyone wants to look, download (this is the project the above code is from).

Shoobinator -
Sounds like you might be using mismatched versions of DynRPG and GCC. The current version of DynRPG on his website (v0.14a) needs a slightly older version of GCC (4.6.1). The link to the download page of Code::Blocks gives you Code::Blocks version 13.12, which comes with GCC 4.7.1. If that's what you downloaded, you need to change one of them.

You can get Code::Blocks 10.05, which comes with GCC 4.6.1. There is a link at the very bottom of the Code::Blocks download page which will show you older versions. Here is a link.

OR, you can upgrade to version v0.20 of DynRPG, which is still in testing. It requires the newer version of GCC which comes with Code::Blocks 13.12. You can grab v0.20 here.
author=beefypotatoes
Shoobinator -
Sounds like you might be using mismatched versions of DynRPG and GCC. The current version of DynRPG on his website (v0.14a) needs a slightly older version of GCC (4.6.1). The link to the download page of Code::Blocks gives you Code::Blocks version 13.12, which comes with GCC 4.7.1. If that's what you downloaded, you need to change one of them.

You can get Code::Blocks 10.05, which comes with GCC 4.6.1. There is a link at the very bottom of the Code::Blocks download page which will show you older versions. Here is a link.

OR, you can upgrade to version v0.20 of DynRPG, which is still in testing. It requires the newer version of GCC which comes with Code::Blocks 13.12. You can grab v0.20 here.

I am using DynRPG v0.20 and GCC 4.7.1, and I can compile the DLL, so compiling the DLL is not my problem. I just have no idea why the executable is not using the DLL. The plug-in itself is in the right directory, and the .ini has the right settings written in it.
author=Shoobinator
I am using DynRPG v0.20 and GCC 4.7.1, and I can compile the DLL, so compiling the DLL is not my problem. I just have no idea why the executable is not using the DLL. The plug-in itself is in the right directory, and the .ini has the right settings written in it.

Was my interpretation that it didn't cause compile time issues, it caused runtime ones. However, either way that's clearly not your problem.

I had never actually made that plugin before, so I just tried making it. I had no issues. Here's a copy of it, see if it works properly on your end, link. If it does work, try recompiling it and see if it still does.

Only other thought I had while doing it: did you actually make the status icon images and put them in the pictures folder? I forgot to do that at first, and yeah, it appeared like the plugin wasn't working despite there being no error messages.
author=beefypotatoes
author=Shoobinator
Was my interpretation that it didn't cause compile time issues, it caused runtime ones. However, either way that's clearly not your problem.

I had never actually made that plugin before, so I just tried making it. I had no issues. Here's a copy of it, see if it works properly on your end, link. If it does work, try recompiling it and see if it still does.

Only other thought I had while doing it: did you actually make the status icon images and put them in the pictures folder? I forgot to do that at first, and yeah, it appeared like the plugin wasn't working despite there being no error messages.

I will have to try your link, but I do have the pictures and I even tried copying the source code of another person's plug-in to test out my ability to compile my own DLL, but no luck.
@Shoob: Assuming it compiled without any warnings or errors and the condition_icons.dll file is in the DynPlugins folder, it should be loading. Next, this plugin requires images in the following folders defined in your Dynrpg.ini:

[condition_icons]
Condition2=Picture\poison.png
Condition3=Picture\blind.png
Condition5=Picture\berserk.png
Condition6=Picture\confused.png
Condition7=Picture\sleep.png

Based on the code commented code, if the image file is missing, nothing will happen in-game, so you won't see an error or anything if it's not working.

// Now, we try to load the image. If loading the image fails,
// nothing special will happen (because of the "false" at the
// "showErrors" parameter), the image will just be empty.
images[i]->loadFromFile(configuration[keyName.str()], false);

@beefypotatoes:
In my experience, memory access errors are usually caused by using an RPG:: object incorrectly, BUT in your case, it's because you're trying to use drawText() in DynRPG 0.20... which happens to be bugged. You'll have to get Cherry to fix it. I discovered this myself when I tried to update my game clock plugin.

You are creating the image and drawing it correctly, but I would make one small tweak. It looks like you're creating the image as soon as the RPG objects are available (onInitFinished), but you may not want to do something like that because the image will exist at times when it doesn't need to. It would be better to create the image the first time you need it, and then check to make sure the image is available before drawing it.

Here's what I'd try. Get rid of the onInitFinished stuff, then add this within your RPG::SCENE_MAP stuff:

void onFrame( RPG::Scene scene ){
if( scene == RPG::SCENE_MAP ){
if (!test_image) {
test_image = RPG::Image::create(320,240);
test_image->useMaskColor = true;
test_image->setSystemPalette();
test_image->drawText( 10, 10, "Hello World", 0 );
}
// test_image->clear();
if (test_image) RPG::screen->canvas->draw( 0, 0, test_image );
} else if (test_image) RPG::Image::destroy(test_image); // optional
}

You would only need test_image->clear if you need to refresh the actual text content every frame (imagine if there was a countdown or something on-screen), so I commented that out.

This is kind of a personal preference, but with the else if (test_image) RPG::Image::destroy(test_image) part I added, it basically unloads the image when you are not in RPG::SCENE_MAP. You could tweak this further to exclude it in additional scenes, but I prefer to only load images as their needed because it eats up memory otherwise. At the very least, you'll want to put if (test_image) RPG::Image::destroy(test_image) in an onExit function.
Thanks for the reply Pepsi.

author=PepsiOtaku
BUT in your case, it's because you're trying to use drawText() in DynRPG 0.20... which happens to be bugged.

Doh. Was really hoping I had done something wrong, oh well. I'll just go back to 0.14a for now. Only thing I really wanted was sprite transparency, and the patcher works fine.

And yeah, my example code is a pretty bad way to go about things (redrawing the same text every frame sounds like a great idea!). Thanks for the pointers though!
Hi everyone!,

i have two questions to the and i hope anyone of the Pros can help me xDDD

1-It's possible with DynRPG or RPG Maker 2k9 increase the max stats of enemies and heros? like 999999 of VIT, etc, i find for google and i found some way to do with resource hacker, but if i open my rpg2003.exe with this, in especific RCdata values the Resource Hacker crashes, for that reason i need to do from a diferent way.

2-It's possible in default combat show a image of a cloud moving? i make a battleship system with default system, and i think that look's pretty cool.

Thanks for your time Bro's!
author=beefypotatoes
It compiles just fine, but when the drawText command occurs at runtime, I get memory read errors ("Access violation in module 'RPG_RT.exe' in with address 0040293E and offset 64EAF000 of type Read occured."). It appears that the method is ignoring the length of the string and just keeps reading memory. (Once, instead of crashing it actually output text, but it included the content of a bunch of other strings).

I'm using Code::Blocks 13.12, which comes with GCC 4.7.1. Also, here's a link to a simple project with the problem, in case anyone wants to look, download (this is the project the above code is from).

I tried it and got the same segfault. Then I recompiled the project linking to a version of libDynRPG.a I compiled myself and everything worked fine. So it seems that Image::drawText works just fine and the libDynRPG.a included in DynRPG 0.20 is the culprit. If you want I can send you my version of libDynRPG.a, but you will need to use a different compiler (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/gcc/Version4/gcc-4.8.1-4), because I'm using DW2 exception handling.
author=Beleren
1-It's possible with DynRPG or RPG Maker 2k9 increase the max stats of enemies and heros?
That's ridiculous! ... ha, here's the stuff: download StatDelimiter(2k3)
You will need to use the RM2k9 to change enemy stats and equipment stats.
Something that speeds up the ATB system in the battles is recommended. (ATB fills relative to the sum of each hero's and enemy's AGI in the battle) or just... keep the AGI values low.
Also... i did not know what to do with the HP/MP digits in battle, so i made it a percentage thingie (counting down from 100%).

author=Beleren
2-It's possible in default combat to show an image?
Cherry had a PicsInBattle Patch

Is a DynRPG patch allowing multiple battle animations at once (outside combat/dbs) possible? Or any other ways to do it?
author=bugmenot
That's ridiculous! ... ha, here's the stuff: download StatDelimiter
You will need to use the RM2k9 to change enemy stats and equipment stats.
Something that speeds up the ATB system in the battles is recommended. (ATB fills relative to the sum of each hero's and enemy's AGI in the battle) or just... keep the AGI values low.
Also... i did not know what to do with the HP/MP digits in battle, so i made it a percentage thingie (counting down from 100%).

Thanks a lot man!
But i put "stat delimiter" on my game and the parameters of MP and HP turned crazy:

http://subefotos.com/ver/?e77f1a403e20e8c3a1a6e1f2015918ado.png

author=bugmennot
Cherry had a PicsInBattle Patch

Amazing! i can use it for another thing i was planed, but i use in a battle for a custom rain system with images, in battle images stop moving.