TAKE DOWN: INFINITY SHIFT ~FORUM RPG~

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I follow Selphie's advice and head Northwest.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
The Party
(I'm not going to wait for everyone to agree on following. If you want to shop, you can buy stuff from the Enterprise airship shop. I won't count it to your turn.)

"Hey! Hey guys! Let's head north west, ok? I have a map!" Selphie chirps with one leg lifted, and one fist in the air. The tour-guide stamps down her boot and points north-west.
The team essembles and follows on to the Enterprise airship, where Cid and Duonce (the item shop guy) are happily waiting.

With Selphie at the helm, pointing Cid in the right direction, everyone else can rest easy. The wind whips through everyone's hair, as the Enterprise continues onward!

You pass through some mountain ranges, and emerge to the open sea. It is vast and open. The entire World Map is at your dispos---what's this?
"Engine fire!" Cid yells. "Hang tight, kids! We're gonna crash!"
The group manages to hang on. Sephiroth merely stabs his long sword into the ship and appears completely at ease.
Locke and Allen Hunter fall over-board into the sea.
After preforming a head-count, Cid notes their situation. As he retreats into the engine room below, he instructs the Party to save Locke and Allen Hunter somehow.
***The ship is now in the ocean, like a regular ship.***
As if things couldn't get any more problematic, the world decides to be even meaner. Monsters begin springing out of the water. Savage and hungry for man-flesh (or wolf flesh, if it comes to that).

Killer Fish (HP:35) +1 Attack Power
Sahagin (HP:20) +1 Attack Roll
Hermit (HP:20) May inflict Poison
Tangie (HP:25) Skill: Glare (May inflicts Paralyse for 1 Turn)
Baby Sea Serpent (HP:15) Skill: Aqua Breath (Roll for Water-based Damage) *Blue Magic*
Sea Elemental (HP:25)
Seahorse (HP:48) Skill: Thunder (Roll for Lightning-based Damage)

*** A few notes: Allen Hunter and Locke are in the ocean with the enemies. You need to save them, or they can save themselves. If you two decide to attack while in water, you are liable to be hit by lightning and will receive -2 Attack Power.
The Revivification Bucket on board is off-limit during battle. You are all full HP/MP currently, but cannot run to the bucket during battle. ***
Also, this song is playing for the battle...

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
On board the airship, I Shoot an arrow from my crossbow at the Seahorse's eye.
Attempt to maneuver the enterprise into the ocean
The wheel is just sitting there, right?

Hm.
Give Limn II the Main Gauche and send him out to attack.
While I attempt to spear the closest enemy from on board.

If I can't do both these things on the same turn split them up over this and the next turn.
Dudesoft
author=Gourd_Clae
Attempt to maneuver the enterprise into the oceanThe wheel is just sitting there, right?

The airship is in the water currently. You have crash-landed in the ocean.
"Hmm..."

I look at the two overboard party members thrashing about in the water and consider the possible effects of using lightning in this situation even though it is the optimal course of action.

"...Amateurs"

"Here goes nothing." :/

I (instead) decide to cast Quake against all enemies using Earth+All materia.

._.
I see. I shall take another approach.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Damn, this is bad. That's a lot of monsters with a lot of HP. And since these are FF3 monsters, I'm sure even if we get on the ship, they'll follow us on board somehow and keep fighting. But fighting in the water causes a pretty steep penalty, so it's still probably a good idea to get out.

Guys, can someone toss down a rope so we can climb on board before this gets nasty?
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
I toss down my rope for my friends in the water
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I Draw Lightning from the Seahorse and Cast on the Tangie!

Booyaka~!

I use
against the killer fisher
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Perfect. Then I swim to the airship, wait for the rope, and climb up on board. Even though I have a green beret, I can delay my turn on purpose if I want to, right?
Dudesoft
author=LockeZ
Perfect. Then I swim to the airship, wait for the rope, and climb up on board. Even though I have a green beret, I can delay my turn on purpose if I want to, right?

If you want to................................................
LockeZ
Yeah, I want to delay it until rabitZ tosses down the rope.
Dudesoft
Meow?
Mrow?
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<

I get my arms up to speed and use Repeating Fist on Hermit like some kind of Rock em sock em robot!
I don't like poison you see.

Also I have +1 attack roll now so hopefully I will actually do some damage. :E
Dudesoft
Storm
Cock-sure, you cock your crossbow, and fire without thinking. As it happens, you manage to miss-fire (Roll: 1) and hit yourself in the foot.
->MISS! 1 Damage to Yourself!

Sahagin
Attacks Sephiroth!
->8 Damage to Sephiroth!

Gourd_Clae
Passing your little pal a weapon that to you would be a dagger, to him is a sword, you pat his little head and send him on his way. Limn II swings with all his furry might.
->1 Damage to Killer Fish
While your motivated moogle wanders forward with pom-pom swaying, you launch your Lance at the nearest enemy, and miss entirely.
->MISS!

Sephiroth

"Hmm..." you look at the two overboard party members thrashing about in the water and consider the possible effects of using lightning in this situation even though it is the optimal course of action.
"...Amateurs." Letting out a sigh, and rolling your eyes, you summon up the power of another Materia. "Here goes nothing."
->2 Damage to Killer Fish
->6 Damage to Sahagin
->6 Damage to Hermit
->3 Damage to Tangie
->6 Damage to Baby Sea Serpent
->2 Damage to Sea Elemental
->2 Damage to Seahorse

Hermit
Attacks Sephiroth!
->1 Damage to Sephiroth!

Selphie
Draw-Cast Lightning on Tangie!
"Booyaka~!"
->Critical! 10 Damage to Tangie!
->1 Damage to Allen Hunter and Locke

MrChearlie
Cast Thunder on Killer Fish!
->Critical! 8 Damage to Killer Fish!
->4 Damage to Allen Hunter and Locke

Tangie
Attacks Sephiroth!
->15 Damage to Sephiroth!

Khos
One! Two! Pawnch Pawnch Pawnch PAWWWWNNNNCH!!!!
->10 Damage to Hermit

RabitZ
You send out a line to Locke and Allen Hunter! They can now swiftly escape!

Baby Sea Serpent
Attacks Sephiroth!
->4 Damage to Sephiroth!

Locke
You return safely! Whew...

Seahorse
Cast Thunder on Sephiroth!
->6 Damage to Sephiroth!

Allen Hunter
->You successfully retire from the watery deathtrap.

Zeuzio
Auto-Attack Killer Fish
->MISS!

Killer Fish
Attacks Sephiroth!
->5 Damage to Sephiroth!

Xavion
Summon a pack member!
"Awooooooooo!" you call, with a moon mysteriously eclipsing your body.
............?
Is there no wolves in the ocean? Why is that? Hmm, it didn't seem to work.
Oh wait, what's this? You hear a voice singing. It turns out to be a cat in a white mage outfit.

The cat walks real slowly on his hind legs, singing this song while he walks once past the Party, pauses to raise a paw mid-song, and passes by the Party again.
Random White Mage Cat's Themesong (You have to listen to the whole song to truly understand.)
Random White Mage Cat casts Full-Cure on the entire party, still singing.
Then, it leaps into the ocean, still singing, and does the back-stroke into the horizon. The song finally fades and the battle commences.
The Party's HP is cured 100%!

Killer Fish (HP:24) +1 Attack Power
Sahagin (HP:14) +1 Attack Roll
Hermit (HP:4) May inflict Poison
Tangie (HP:12) Skill: Glare (May inflicts Paralyse for 1 Turn)
Baby Sea Serpent (HP:9) Skill: Aqua Breath (Roll for Water-based Damage) *Blue Magic*
Sea Elemental (HP:23)
Seahorse (HP:46) Skill: Thunder (Roll for Lightning-based Damage)

I facepalm at the white mage cat and general ludcrousness of the situation until all hands are back on deck and the cat has disappeared.

"...Finally"

Concentric, wispy cylinders of ~green energy~ eminate from the ground around me and a kettle-like charging sound pierces the air, a spark jumps across my fingertips and I release a devastating electrical attack as I cast Bolt against our aquatic assailants using Lightning+All Materia.