SCREENSHOT SHOGUNATE

Hummm...two problems with this, and you may take this with a grain of salt.

1.) The font is a bit hard to read, I can make it out if I stare at it long enough, but at first glace it's a bit diffcult to really make it out. Perhaps a change of font or a more darker color might be better. (or outlines!)

2.) The white background, it's kind of empty. I can see that yellow symbol and some lines, but that's kind of it. Nothing really else besides that going for this.

Not bad, but your still working on it, so your in command. Let's see the completed one when your finished. :)

TOP OF PAGE!!!

Oh wait...this isn't GW. So I don't need to. ;D
Well, it is the polite thing to do...
@NightCloud: I normally don't comment on Title Screens however it looks perfect with the system you are using, good work. I would incorporate some of S4's said comments to add some jazz as well, he is a Aesthetics whore.

@S4D:
....Why do you always make references to GW did you get fucked by the Big Dick of GW that bad. ???
Well it's not really GW, it's just the people. Here, the people are nice. :)
author=silver4donuts link=topic=1503.msg24536#msg24536 date=1216526719
Well it's not really GW, it's just the people. Here, the people are nice. :)

Exactly.
author=Ashramaru link=topic=1503.msg24507#msg24507 date=1216509667

@S4D:
....Why do you always make references to GW did you get fucked by the Big Dick of GW that bad. ???

Well most of us here don't even speak of GW because we want to forget about it. So he's not alone on the 'big dick of GW' part.
Wow...

You know I find this really funny...

Ever since I have been here (for about almost a month now) I have NOT received any shit or received warns for the amount of things I post...nothing.

Also no one has told me that Monopoly doesn't exist or that I'm a menu whore or even a fake! This is why I love this place...

GW, you could post a gameplay movie...something everyone wants from me AND STILL THEY WILL SAY IT'S FAKE!!! Then it's out, and they are suddenly on your side.

Not to say that everyone on GW are full of losers, just a selected amount of people.

(Okay...that's enough dissing here, let's get back on topic...so I don't get in trouble! ;D )
No screens?

EDIT - And another one

@Dis>> For some reason, I just like how your in-battle menus look... Maybe it's just the colours and that little box in the top left corner, but it just looks appealing to me.
As for my nitpickiness, the perspective of the whole battle screen isn't right... I think it's the background. It looks like your characters are standing on a tilt. To me, it looks unnatural.
Though, not to sure why the battle and in-game menus are different... Either way, you're doing a great job so far :P.

The characters are on a tilt so it looks better when there are four party members. (At least in my opinion.)

The reason the system sets are different is because one screen is older than the other. The current system is the one used in screen 2. (It fits better with the game's custom system graphics.)
Yeah, I actually like it too Dis.

I don't really have a problem with anything...

...Except...why does everyone use Rudra stuff so much? I mean...it's alright, but...

So many... :P
I have no idea what a Rudra is, so s'all good!
I love the crisp vibrancy of your stuff, Dis. Everything looks pretty coherent in those shots, and I think that small tint works wonders for that admittedly overused cave Tile. Very nice! 8]
author=silver4donuts link=topic=1503.msg24666#msg24666 date=1216629438
...Except...why does everyone use Rudra stuff so much? I mean...it's alright, but...

Sorry bud, I can't name too many games that used Rudra. I can only think of two "successful" games that used them.

You know what I think already, Dis. I feel honored to be able to actually play that game. Though you still surprise me sometimes. Good work.
author=silver4donuts link=topic=1503.msg24666#msg24666 date=1216629438
Yeah, I actually like it too Dis.

I don't really have a problem with anything...

I see it a lot too nowadays. I hope the story makes up for it.

Thanks for the comments guys, it means a lot to me.
author=Dis link=topic=1503.msg24709#msg24709 date=1216665875
I see it a lot too nowadays. I hope the story makes up for it.

Thanks for the comments guys, it means a lot to me.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Rudra. Why avoid something just because other people use it, that's silly. You should be happy with the graphic style you choose.

Well, I am a sucker for anything Rudra, I think the graphics look brilliant. Nice mapping Dis!
author=Little Wing Guy link=topic=1503.msg24715#msg24715 date=1216666738
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Rudra. Why avoid something just because other people use it, that's silly. You should be happy with the graphic style you choose.

I very much disagree with you there, true that Rudra has nothing wrong with the graphic style. But somehow it's officially the latest rm2k3 trend. Whether or not you want your graphics to be part of an overused cult is a pretty big deal. Personally I'm getting sick of Rudra. If you can at least put some effort into editing the graphics (besides color changing) then it probably won't be as bad.
I don't think its that bad... especially since I've been using it for four years. (Before it became a trend) I focus more on gameplay/storyline anyway, all in all, they're still rips.
author=Darken link=topic=1503.msg24723#msg24723 date=1216671822
But somehow it's officially the latest rm2k3 trend. Whether or not you want your graphics to be part of an overused cult is a pretty big deal.
No, it's not that big of a deal. This is the reason why some of you miss out on some of the best games ever made. You seem to be judging a game by its cover, and not its content(bad analogy, but you know what I mean).

If you can at least put some effort into editing the graphics (besides color changing) then it probably won't be as bad.
There are more than just Rudra rips in those two screenshots.

Anyway, I'll be back when there are...you know....SCREENSHOTS in this topic. I feel like I'm wasting space replying here, so I'll be back when there's something to actually talk about.

Don't assume that I was talking about the game as a whole, in that case, it's not a big deal. But I was emphasising on the side of making your game look different or even be noticed more. Not saying I won't play a game BECAUSE it has rudra, but really, too many games have it. It is just silly when I feel like I'm looking at the same game, but with different story and gameplay.

To get back on topic, heres a project I currently have on hold. Basically its an oldschool RPG set in a really weird digital world. Graphics 100% original (except for the background). Made in RPG Maker VX.