SCREENSHOT SHOGUNATE

It looks good Darken, but with the grid being outlined so dark it makes it look busy when really there isn't a lot going on. I would recommend thinning the lines on the blocks. Other than that looks nice!
Not saying I won't play a game BECAUSE it has rudra, but really, too many games have it. It is just silly when I feel like I'm looking at the same game, but with different story and gameplay.

Before you say that, keep in mind the difference between games that have Rudra and all you ever see of them are screenshots, and games that have Rudra that are actually...finished, or at least have demos going for them.
Gotta quote a screen!
author=Darken link=topic=1503.msg24733#msg24733 date=1216677934
To get back on topic, heres a project I currently have on hold. Basically its an oldschool RPG set in a really weird digital world. Graphics 100% original (except for the background). Made in RPG Maker VX.

This is pretty cool, Darken. A nice digital background would complete that image, but I assume you hadn't found one that fit in correctly. What kind of ideas did you have for the project, other than the setting?
Fantastic work as always. I'm in love with the lower layer of that chipset. Any chance you could throw me a link to it?
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I'm pretty sure that the bottom tile is from a Suikoden set.. Could be wrong though. Nonetheless it looks good.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank

Not a mockup! (that was for you, karsu)

Yeah man this looks awesome.
OMG Harmonic that looks bloody awesome! <33
That is incredible.

Two minor things. The menu that shows "Attack, Skills, etc" is a few pixels higher than the other menu box. Also, I'm not sure why one menu box has a single gradient going through it, while the larger one is divided by the characters battle information. The gradient on the left is also a tad darker than the other.
But man, those characters and background are really nice.
*end nitpick*
author=Little Wing Guy link=topic=1503.msg24799#msg24799 date=1216729061
OMG Harmonic that looks bloody awesome! <33
That is some right-shiny pixelart there, harmonic. Those characters look great, and I really like the colours.
author=Darken link=topic=1503.msg24723#msg24723 date=1216671822
author=Little Wing Guy link=topic=1503.msg24715#msg24715 date=1216666738
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Rudra. Why avoid something just because other people use it, that's silly. You should be happy with the graphic style you choose.

I very much disagree with you there, true that Rudra has nothing wrong with the graphic style. But somehow it's officially the latest rm2k3 trend. Whether or not you want your graphics to be part of an overused cult is a pretty big deal. Personally I'm getting sick of Rudra. If you can at least put some effort into editing the graphics (besides color changing) then it probably won't be as bad.

flawed logic, games around here takes years to make progress... let alone come out. Am I? someone who's been using Rudra chipsets should just change my whole graphical style because 4 years into making my game the chips I chose back then have become a trend?

if that were the case I would be stuck in an infinite loop of progress that never ends. Here are your options around here

A) Get over it and use what you like.

B) Use something no one has before and show it off only to be copied.

C) Use something no one has before and don't show it off and have someone beat you to the punch.

D) Make custom graphics (extending your production time by 40 years.)

Harmoic, that is awsome! ...dude check out the booty on that bottom bitch taboo!
That looks really sexy, harmonic. Extra points for the wizard with the gun (awesome) and your female party members actually having curves (big ol booties)
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Thanks!

Neo: I changed those things. Lined up the windows, and changed the gradient.

Feld, Xeno: 8) I figured one of the benefits of making a back-view CBS was the ability to portray the voluminous rear ends of the female characters.

Just to explain a couple things on there: "Threat" is each character's chance to get attacked. The 2 characters with 50% have that because they started in the front row. Threat is gained by doing/healing damage, or specific threat techniques like "taunt" or whatever.

The conditions show little icons for debuffs and buffs everyone has.
author=harmonic link=topic=1503.msg24855#msg24855 date=1216752492
Just to explain a couple things on there: "Threat" is each character's chance to get attacked. The 2 characters with 50% have that because they started in the front row. Threat is gained by doing/healing damage, or specific threat techniques like "taunt" or whatever.

The conditions show little icons for debuffs and buffs everyone has.

IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY PLAYING WoW SINGLE PLAYER! Well anyway I'm a fan of the behind battle system myself, so good luck on the project.

flawed logic, games around here takes years to make progress... let alone come out. Am I? someone who's been using Rudra chipsets should just change my whole graphical style because 4 years into making my game the chips I chose back then have become a trend?

if that were the case I would be stuck in an infinite loop of progress that never ends. Here are your options around here

A) Get over it and use what you like.

B) Use something no one has before and show it off only to be copied.

C) Use something no one has before and don't show it off and have someone beat you to the punch.

D) Make custom graphics (extending your production time by 40 years.)

Holy shit too many people are taking my point way out of fucking context. That's fine if you've spent 4 years into a project and are in no way switching from Rudra. But if you have a chance to not use Rudra, be my guest, because there's just too many games using it. It's not hard to stay away from Rudra, it really isn't. If you like Rudra THAT much and want your game to have the same coat as others, fine, but don't expect me to enjoy the visual aspect of the game at all.

Your points are pretty lame. In B you're saying that somehow using a graphical style never used before will instantly spawn a dozen games equal to the Rudra popularity? If it does, so what? People will understand your game did it first anyway (if it's good). Point C, uh what? Does it matter if one other person using the graphical compared to the Rudra cult?

Point D, its not hard as long as you plan to make a short game. The graphics in the last screenshot I posted took me about a day to make (counting the hours I took a break/slept/eat etc). Granted, they're not amazing looking, but they're at least functional and original, which make people look at your game differently.

Since when did hating on popularity become so unwanted?
Rudra cult... haha.

That looks very good harmonic. What maker is that in?
Time for this bird to strut his stuff!

...In the form of a MOVIE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEhMoE4wB90

This is basically a beta test movie for Monopoly.

In other words...part 1 is done. ;D

EDIT: The quality isn't the greatest, I apologize for that.
Haha! That shit's raw!
Raw means good... XD
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Actual gameplay :o But it seems all you do so far is roll the dice and walk around the board. Visually it's appealing and gets the point across of Monopoly but those anime faces in their almost killed it for me.

I love the sound effects though and the animation of the dice. Overall it's ok but should really start working on how each player will get the chance cards and how the property will work, banking, morgages.. Actually now that I think about it a lot of stuff is in Monopoly.

Good luck with it.
I actually liked the anime faces. *Braces himself for flame*