SCREENSHOT SHOGUNATE

@silver4donuts: Errr the whole slow thing is pissing me off, honestly in game, its fast as hell, however my computer and FRAPS hate each other. I had to break the video down into 5 Parts and then put them back together. You can kinda tell where I paused and resumed, also it not that choppy things flow pretty well. This video really pissed me off more than made me proud.

@NightCloud: Thanks for the support bro. Alot of things inspired me to fix mine up, I'm still waiting for Neophyte to post a video so I can fix things up more for my game.
What's the deal with people trying to add voice acting these days. =/
Shit, I would hate Chrono Trigger if Crono was going "HAHHH" after every attack.

Anyway, it looked great, Ashramaru. Like the others said, you'll need to get rid of that exclamation mark. Instead, have the enemy glow or flash before attacking to simulate that dodge command. Also, get rid of the quotes before the battle. It's dumb, because the message is stating the obvious. Other than that, it's pretty cool so far.
Edit: Also, as for the reloading....I used to have that feature. Then I realized it was the most stupid and pointless thing ever. There is no point in having such a worthless thing, no matter what.
@Neophyte: Ok, I'll get to it. The only reason I've been such a sucker for Voice Action is due to Skie's game, it just make Voice Action sound so great. Also I added an options feature for the Main Menu, so you can disable Voice Acting, Intro Messages, and augment Text Speed. So everyone wins.
FRAPS doesn't like me either, my movies look a bit slow too, but yet...everything moves pretty damn good, so it's probably FRAPS. :P
Not to be the fly in the ointment, Ashramaru, but you do realize that your game has the same name as the Megami Tensei gaiden, right? You know, the Megami Tensei of Persona and others fame? Albeit there's no "the," and only the first two saw a US release (iirc) with the third one getting a ROM translation. Not that it might mean anything, but I thought I'd bring it up, just to let you know. I thought the name sounded familiar other than what you have...
Ashramaru, I've watched your video twice now I think and this is kind of a tiny nitpick type of thing but every time the dude with the sword pushes his foot out or whatever I want to rip open the game's database and edit the animation so he doesn't do that. It just looks really twitchy and unnatural in my opinion.

But, that's one of the few things I didn't like. I really liked the music and the somewhat cinematic feel of the battles. Plus, I liked how the border outlining the battle background matched the system sets. Looks sweet. :D

Well...finally, Part 2 / 6 is now complete!

So the players can finally buy properties, get charged rent, passing go, and yes...the rolling doubles code works too!

It was a bit frustrating because at first...when you purchase something the money counter went down VERY SLOWLY! So I speeded it up! So say you buy Water Works it will go down by 100's first, then 10's.

Next! The damn code was a bit screwed as it would take all your money sometimes, I found out I had put in your TOTAL amount of money when it should of been the amount of money that should be taken...jesus...

The rent code and go ones were not too bad! So good...2 done, 4 remaining!

Part 3 is tomorrow...S4D's favourite pastime...MENUS! (...again)

(It's switching music, mortgaging, buying homes, trading )

And I guess pretty soon I have to show you the final character that you see in this game...I said I WOULDN'T add anymore people...but I guess not.

Ooops! Sorry about talking my gums out...it's just...like 3 A.M. right now, I'm tired and serious need of a break. :P

(I'll post this on GW tomorrow too! Everyone must think I'm dead over there...but pretty soon the ban will be lifted! So that's a good thing) ^^

(Oh and buy the way...Erin may have more moola, but Sammy another chick had more properties, she had a couple of sets in our test run!) ^^

(...Although having both purples are still pretty good) ^^
@ariedonus: Ok man, I just fixed it and made it look normal. I'm at the phase now that the Battle System is complete where I can nitpick, I want to redue all the Battle Animations, to make them looks smoother as well as add the Voice Acting I am working on.

@S4D: You and I should team up and make a game, with your flashy menus, and my..big mouth, we could make the best looking non-released game that was ever made. Lmao. Looks, nice and clean bro, can't wait to play.
author=Ashramaru link=topic=1503.msg25851#msg25851 date=1217511979
we could make the best looking non-released game that was ever made.

Unlike previous failures...this one will be finished, mark my words.

Because I have a flash drive now! So no more excuses. :P
Oh, I didn't mean it wouldn't come out bro. I am simply know for not releasing games and making, "Vaporware", (Hey I did get the shitties Misaos on this forum) lmao. Anyways I trust you and hope you keep the work up. I need to get some work done and post some new screens.
Some secksy screens guys, Oh joy remix has joined rmn :-X
Welcome Remix (even though I haven't been here too long myself :P).

Ashramaru>> I like what you've done here. It's new, and innovative :P.
Though, I agree with the others. You need to change the exclamation mark into something that is quicker, to make the battle flow a lot more (even though what you had wasn't the flow of battles).

Silver4donuts>> Looking great so far.
How come there is a purple box menu (which appears to be a property) on the top left hand corner? Is it meant to be there whilst the other is inside the 'Properties' menu?

Heh, this game is finished. Currently having friends beta test and waiting for voices. In the meantime...

@Skie Fortress: I'm proud that you finished the game, also the screens look nice. I'll wait for the release though. :P Hope its a new distraction to keep me occupied.
I am diggin' those trees! Congrats on finishing!
Those screens look nice skie. whats the game called?
w00t SEB (Sacred Earth: Bonds). I want it now. Considering how badly I whipped the first one, I want to try some of that "hardest bosses. ever." that I keep hearing about.
author=nickad link=topic=1503.msg25945#msg25945 date=1217589139
Silver4donuts>> Looking great so far.
How come there is a purple box menu (which appears to be a property) on the top left hand corner? Is it meant to be there whilst the other is inside the 'Properties' menu?

It is there to represent what properties that player currently has, if the card is fliped over...then that property is mortaged. Which in this example, none are. And thanks! IT DOES LOOK GOOD! (...hopefully nothing bad happens, but I did save all of this last night!) ;D

author=Skie Fortress link=topic=1503.msg25948#msg25948 date=1217593607
Sexy Screenies

YES! This game is almost ready FOR PLAY!!! Big celebration party time! Looks like I'll have to put some of my Wii games on hold for this one.

:)
Wh-oa, Skie Fortress, your game looks fantasic! People very rarely post VX screens, so here you go. VX had really grown on me lately.

@LWG: Eww, RMVX. Looks nice man, I always say I hate the blocky style, but it looks good.