SCREENSHOT SHOGUNATE

Wow, man flows very nicely. I am still watching it, good work, hopefully we can play a game or two. ;D
Lol, I wish this game had online play...that would be the capper in my cap! ;D

Anywhooo...the usual feedback from both places, some excited that they saw some gameplay!!! Some excited that there is a game at ALLLL! Some excited about how I DID IT!!! And OTHERSSSS who want NO part of it. ;D

^^
Wow!!! Im speechless. I would never thought that a game like this could be done on 2k3 but you did the impossible. Great Job!!! .....RM2k3 Monopoly. How did you do it? lol
I don't think it's impossible but just silly for me. Anyway s4d, congrats, a gameplay screen finally.
Wow, that monopoly game looks awesome. I could lose myself for hours playing it.

Well, I figured I'd throw something in here. This is a game I've been working on for awhile now, but basically I've been trying to change the scripts as much as I can so I can say their mine.

All the scripts the screens are mine except the battle script.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
The menu color hurts my eyes. Try toning down on the blue in the middle. The gradient looks kind of lame.
Hey, looking pretty snazzy. However, everything looks small and spaced out too far.
author=NightCloud link=topic=1503.msg26505#msg26505 date=1217999772
Wow!!! Im speechless. I would never thought that a game like this could be done on 2k3 but you did the impossible. Great Job!!! .....RM2k3 Monopoly. How did you do it? lol

Lol, it's like explaining a whole 500 page book in a single summary, lemme just say that my head hurts like hell and I'm not out of the woods yet, there is still much more to be done, so I can't celebrate yet! ^^

author=Archeia_Nessiah link=topic=1503.msg26514#msg26514 date=1218003375
I don't think it's impossible but just silly for me. Anyway s4d, congrats, a gameplay screen finally.

Nah, this to me is nothing compared to what Carius is doing with Pirates 2, that blows me away for sure! Yet...I'm not even sure he could even have a idea on how to do this, probably does...but stumped. It's quite funny, but thanks Nessiah! ^^

author=FyreX link=topic=1503.msg26517#msg26517 date=1218004290
Wow, that monopoly game looks awesome. I could lose myself for hours playing it.

Screenies

This is will probably become my new Tetris whenever I'm going somewhere, anywhooo...I like what you have done with the status screen and third shot otherwise I would probably shoot for the black style. Heh.
@Silver4donuts: Whoah there! Ha ha! That was some great stuff there, Mr.S.4Donuts. And I'll have to go with NightCloud of this one. I think I said, it before, but I can't really remember: How can somethign like that even be made of RPG Maker?! it seems impossible! But...lo and behold, he has proven us wrong! Everything runs so smoothly, the music is great, and everything just looks expertly made. Definitly somethign to look out for the in the future! (Amd I'm glad you got some gameplay videos out!)

@FyreX:
I like the way you have your main menu. it looks nice, and I especially like the colors used. However, I'm going to have to turn down the opposite road with the other shots. I don't really like the blue color. I don't kbnow WHY exactly, but I just don't get the right feeling from it. But besides that...everything seems great! Good work.

author=FyreX link=topic=1503.msg26517#msg26517 date=1218004290
tiny shrunk screenshots that makes it hard to see whats going on

I'd suggest uploading the full screenshots and having the smaller ones link to the full size ones when clicked on. Its too hard (and requires too much effort) to try and make much sense out of the shrunk shots.

Silver4Donuts: If you want it to look better don't use Youtube. Just about every alternative looks better than Youtube (like Viddler for example). Unless thats what it looks like when you capture and play it back before sending it to the Youtube bastardization encoder, then you need not-POS capture software.

*edit*
Maybe I'll do a tutorial about it, depending on free time. MMMM...
http://revver.com/ is pretty rad, because it PAYS you to put up videos.
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=1503.msg26619#msg26619 date=1218068373
*edit*
Maybe I'll do a tutorial about it, depending on free time. MMMM...
If it'll get us non-POS screen recording software, heck yes. Camstudio STILL makes things lag, even if I put it at 640x480 rez for the recording. Full screen is even worse. And 320x240 at my desktop rez makes things impossible to see.
CamStudio is what I use. Maybe you're trying to encode a video with a non-lossless codec while capturing it which is generally a bad idea. It'll be a while before I can get to it though (I still haven't done the D&D recap yet, sorry ST)
Feldschlacht- For the most part, looks good, but the roof in the top right looks like it's all over the place. Judging by its spine.... it defies physics, I think. o.o
Or I'm missing something, that's possible too.

It's just a w.i.p.
I'm making a whole game on RM2K3 with 1 chipset only, 1 map and 21 colors. xD
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I like it!
@FyreX: I agree with everything people have said so far, except I don't like the battle shot. The charset battlers on that background just clash rather badly and the way the party is lined up in a straight vertical line is kind of boring. Just making that a diagonal line would make it more interesting I think, though since it looks like you'll have a six member party, maybe you could use two diagonal lines of three or some other crazy formation to spice things up. Also, I like the use of the character portrait in the status screen, but why is the character's equipment in the bottom right hand corner, shoved over by a biography and basic information? A character's equipment is pretty important in RPGs, so it'd probably be best to move it closer to the important stat stuff.

@Mog: I didn't notice the roof thing, but I don't think I'm very good at noting those kinds of things anyways. I think everything is looking pretty sweet so far, but is there going to be NPCs and whatnot running around this place? It seems a little empty right now.

@Ody: Honestly, I don't have much to say about your shot, but I'm curious as to if this place has a roof or not, because if it does have a roof, would those wall shadows be possible? I'm not a lighting expert so if I sound like an idiot, I apologize, haha.
Actually it's meant to be a courtyard. :P
But I'm thinking I will probably put this kind of shadow in every house, just to show the "volume" of the rooms...
A New direction for my battle system. It's starting to look the way I wanted it to look like. Just ignore the first faceset (or all).