SCREENSHOT SHOGUNATE

author=Tau link=topic=1503.msg27832#msg27832 date=1219325538
author=myersguy link=topic=1503.msg27800#msg27800 date=1219300299
I love the maps
If so go play Tales of Eternia ;)
This was fucking hilarious.

Erm, did you do the artwork yourself, Nessiah? It's getting insanely better by the day, looks like. :]

Erm, did you do the artwork yourself, Nessiah? It's getting insanely better by the day, looks like. :]

Well, I mean, haha... it had to be tau ;D he's always joking like that hahahahaha.
I thought I should answer to this one post actually, not to mind other's businesses, but I think it would be best if you make chipsets with the bg rips that you take from tales of eternia... for the reason that 95/100 people know this is a straight BG rip off from that game... The screenshot looks nice, don't get me wrong. But straight-up ripped backgrounds without any alteration in them, don't look as good as if you just ripped just a part of it. Also, this gives a feeling of lazyness, for the fact that everyone already knows you can do almost anything custom-based. Well, good luck.
Here is what I call a "Navigator". There are areas where you'll find yourself using this bad boy to navigate caves, ruins, cities, etc. Customize and maintain it.

I don't think I've ever seen that material (the maps) before, and parts of it look pretty interesting. I'm not too fond of how textured that cave appears to be, but it's not a big deal. I assume the NPCs are naked for a reason, too? =D
Nice work, regardless.

Edit: Oops. Thanks, YDS. :]
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Its Terranigma chipsets, Blind. I guess the sprites are just place holders.

The screens look nice, but what is the point of this navigator? Do you play through the robot or is it just for some dungeon?
The first chipset is Terranigma the second is a customized set. You play in the navigator suit in some areas when necessary. The first part of the game has you playing as a female scientist and she isn't exactly equipped to fight yet. The story changes and you won't have to use the suit as often. It's also used in areas where the weather is too harsh.

The suit is used to expand the story as well as well as add gameplay value. There are other robotic units you have to use sometimes to play through other areas in the game. In otherwards you have access to other units aside from the navigator suit.

Edit:

I'm officially going to stop posting in the AM hours. I have a habit waking up at night for about and hour or two and when I post here my post are just riddled with spelling and grammar errors.
author=Archeia_Nessiah link=topic=1503.msg27798#msg27798 date=1219298973

Is this a Riviera remake?

author=antifarea link=topic=1503.msg27942#msg27942 date=1219404108

Well, I mean, haha... it had to be tau ;D he's always joking like that hahahahaha.
I thought I should answer to this one post actually, not to mind other's businesses, but I think it would be best if you make chipsets with the bg rips that you take from tales of eternia... for the reason that 95/100 people know this is a straight BG rip off from that game... The screenshot looks nice, don't get me wrong. But straight-up ripped backgrounds without any alteration in them, don't look as good as if you just ripped just a part of it. Also, this gives a feeling of lazyness, for the fact that everyone already knows you can do almost anything custom-based. Well, good luck.

I guess nobody looks at the devlog, it's a PLACEHOLDER since I'm still working on the concept art for Medieve. And I can't do backgrounds unless my life depended on it so don't assume everyone can make everything.

@BM the artwork is from aya unfortunately <_<;
@iishenron, imagine it as a riviera fangame not a remake. Nice to see someone who knows riviera :)
Didn't that game use the DBS?
@ nessiah: yeah, I know how it is... that's why I'm having a cup of fudge brownie coffee *black* right now.

@ the illusionist: those chipsets look nice.
author=Karsuman link=topic=1503.msg28032#msg28032 date=1219500969
Didn't that game use the DBS?

Arc I did.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
@the illusionist: Looks nice, I am digging the atmosphere.

The ice tower of Sheol is too cold to trek through without a way to keep warm.

There are many dead bodies piled up from the cold.

Showing off the new lighting effects. Glowing save crystal and lit lanterns.

Fort Weston that defends the western portion of Ravana.

The path leading up to Fort Weston with a grave to the north.

It will take more than the king's permission to get past the guard that blocks the way.

Hope not to see the dungeon of Fort Weston.

The entrance to the Shrine of Xarzith.

Class changes can leave a single character with some interesting skills.

A boss fight with an interesting background.

The mysterious ruins.

A path inside of a labrynth of dead trees.

A pit of dead animals that are there for a reason.

The many mysteries of the witch hut.

The witches were bannished from the village for accurately seeing the futre.

Just a demonstration of how long I have been playing the game.

A canoe can take you to mysterious places.

A very intelligent cave to be in full of tricks and traps.

There are secrets everywhere.

Levers help solve bridge puzzles everywhere.
maia wins the epic post award.
That and the "goddammit I want my Win XP back again" award.

Goddamit, I want my Win XP back. Seriously. First Craze's character generator (I had trouble with Lucian, but I can almost get all the characters! :o), now this.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I was going to comment on the occasionally "eh" grammar in your screenshots, maia...

...but I was too amazed.

ME WANT
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Maia: Pretty decent mapping in VX, which is sometimes tricky to pull off. Overlays are a bit grating sometimes though, might be good to experiment toning them down a bit.