SQUARE-ENIX DECIDES TO GIVE ALL OF ITS FANS THE MIDDLE FINGER BY RE-RELEASING THE PC PORT OF FF7 FOR THE PS4

Yeah, I got bored of BD too. Great soundtrack, though! Then again, I've been getting bored of RPG's more often lately.
Yeah, Bravely Default took a serious nosedive in the latter half of the game. I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to make the last few chapters LITERALLY repeat themselves, but they should be fired. You'd complete a chapter, get a minor amount of plot, and then you'd find yourself right back where you started at the beginning of the next chapter and have to do everything all over again (and I mean EVERYTHING, because every single one of those later chapters makes you go through every single dungeon again). Thankfully, I was Level 99 by that time, so I just turned off random encounters and blew through those chapters.
Somebody should make a cool 3d version of FF5. Kinda like Bravely Default but good. Forgoing wacky cutscene hijinks in FF5 like turtle fights or basically everything with Galuf is not acceptable. Also Square should not be the one to do it because:

Reading about Square talk about game development feels like finding out how a group of hippies would create a videogame.
I don't know. As much as I like to hate on Square for pulling moves like this thread's topic, stagnating the development of the series with spin-offs and sequels that nobody asked for, and failing to capture the charm of old games with their new IPs... I'm really diggin' the feel of FFXV. Am I alone on this? I mean, sure I don't have big expectations about it, and I don't like everything I see, like that ever so archetypically anime male cast. But somehow, stuff like this makes me want to have hope for the future.

FF15 is looking alright. It only took replacing most of the development team but I have more faith in Tabata getting it done and finished. Hopefully people like him and Yoshi.P can get SE out of their current garbage development pipeline that's been fucking SE over since the FF12 days.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
FFXV looks VERY interesting to me, more from that shorter trailer than anything else I've seen.

Still has the "in a world where guns exist but aren't as good as melee weapons because ???" problem that has been bothering me since FFVII but that's probably a minor quibble for most folks.
To be fair, it could be explained away like it is in Suikoden - guns are rare and only certain people can use them. Those people are highly skilled but the average joe picking up a gun wouldn't be able to hit a target because they don't have the experience, thus guns only really work well when in the hands of a professional.
That and perhaps bullets aren't made like they are in the real world and thus don't hit as hard as real world ones do. And perhaps the fire power itself is of a lower grade, thus dealing less damage over all.

Easily explained away~
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i prefer to just follow the rules of : "is it fun?" "is it cool?"

i mean my favorite character in tales of the abyss rides her stuffed doll to battle

is this more practical than the recurring boss who wields guns? probably not! oh well

ff has never been realistic and i hope it never tries to be (even though i don't give a shit about ffxv admittedly). i mean the first game has you fly into space to kill a goddess-dragon. the second game has a dungeon that is literally a tornado. the third game doesn't have save points, so i guess it's actually quite realistic
HP is actually an abstraction of the will of the combatant to fight. Everybody is a herculean superman and bullets barely scratch anybody so the physical damage is always a pittance. The kicker is when somebody drops a giant slab of metal on your face twice after taking twenty shots to the chest and now you have a mild headache and decide fuck this dumb shit and go home and start looking for another career that hopefully doesn't involve pointless fights between invulnerable actors.
What's the chances of them at least fixing the silly mouths? It kinda kills a lot of scenes in the game when everyone's slack-jawed all the time like they just had a lobotomy or something.
Haha... FF XV looks amazing(ly cheesy), exactly what I expect/want from Square Enix now.
My only question about FFXV is

Will I be able to control my characters?
only the one that looks like nomura
I admit I feel SE shouldn't have tried to put people's hopes up like that by doing a big screen conference of something like this, that's not cool.
About wielding swords or bows and guns in the same setting
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Before I say this, I'd like to point out that I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan and have enjoyed every game in the series from 1 up to Lightning Returns (that's not to say I'm a blind fanboy, I know they have flaws, but I can find enough entertainment value in each game that the flaws don't bother me to the point where I find the games bad or unplayable)

There were like three pages of talking about how brilliantly ridiculous FFXIII-2 is and nobody even mentioned the fact that
Chocolina, the chocobo-costumed woman selling you items everywhere, is actually the little Chocobo chick from Sazh's hair in FFXIII who was trapped in time and turned into a person by Etro so she could help others like she wanted to
?
I'm starting to think Toriyama really want FF to be his waifus.