SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Tints can be subtle and atmospheric at the same time, yo.

I honestly would rarely up a tints opacity above 34, 17 is typical, you don't need much to entirely change the feel of an area.

Gonna use some examples from P:A since it's very atmospheric.
http://i.imgur.com/P2Tmcon.png Looks rainy.
http://i.imgur.com/3vkB2AL.png Looks cold... Frostbitten, mayhap!
http://i.imgur.com/6F9XEfz.png Looks bloody and foreboding.

None of these use extreme tints, in fact the vast majority are within the -34 / +34 range.

Sight is everything, and tints can allow sight and provide atmosphere without feeling impermeable.

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
@Joseph-I kinda want it to be dark, because the player will need to explore the dark abyss and discover the mansion's darkest secrets :3 I do have a twist ending planned, but I'm not sure if people will like it or not :\ And nope. That's not the map.
@Bizarro-I'm using Khas awesome light effects too so I can't simply change the tint, it somehow manages to make tinting seriously confusing :(
dark =/= pure black
fatal frame comes to mind
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=ExtremeDevelopment
@Bizarro-I'm using Khas awesome light effects too so I can't simply change the tint, it somehow manages to make tinting seriously confusing :(
Oh... yuck.

Welp, your loss! Honestly a better effect can be achieved just using picture overlays. I did once use Khas' for P:A but decided against it.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I actually think you should use the monochromatic style in Joseph's edit for the whole game.

Anyway your problem is you're tinting it in RPG Maker in the first place. Tint it in Photoshop.
Frogge
author=LockeZ
Anyway your problem is you're tinting it in RPG Maker in the first place. Tint it in Photoshop.

I would but I started the project with Khas Awesome Light Effects, and I do not want to change the style halfway through.
Hello, I just started making my first game with rpg maker. These screens are from monster battles. I want to re-draw all the sprites for my game. Right now its still early and its using the default music and some graphics.

I can see you went full fledged moghunter in there!
Pretty cool and impressive, tons of character, but at the same time I have to say that it's very over the top and very all over the place haha
yeah, im using mog's script. I really want to try and go for a sci-fi/comedy type game with fan service.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=rauwolf
yeah, im using mog's script. I really want to try and go for a sci-fi/comedy type game with fan service.

You have said several words that have grabbed my interest. I shall be awaiting for the game's page to be available to take a looksie
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year

still working out kinks, but I've finally got the facesets operating how I want, wahoo!
Frogge
Hehe I love how the mouth moves ^^
author=Puddor
still working out kinks, but I've finally got the facesets operating how I want, wahoo!

Rauwolf you can't have a blue haired girl named Ambrosia, it's taken already. Not that I'd really pursue it (much of my stuff is from the internet). She's super creepy in image 3.

How did you do this? Is it a picture? Because normally I get a slight gap between text when I change faceset. Or have the \^ thing.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
This is using Modern_Algebra's Face Options script (you can find it on RMRK with little hassle)

Each expression is set up like this:

The script contains codes to change the faceset file and the index being displayed at any time, so for that particular message window I changed the file to make his expression shift. Since they're all set up as 'talk' faces, he just cycles through his talk frames as normal.

In that window I set it to the wrong index (1 instead of 0) so he stops on the wrong frame. And after the face is changed, the blink frame has to be reset too, otherwise it'll revert to the old face.

So it's all just using RM's faceset function, so there's no picture position issues to worry about :'D
@Rau: I like some of the effects you're using a lot (particularly the changing faces/enemy portraits when they get damaged). But I would tone down the effects a bit; there's too much movement on screen that distracts the eyes. Personally, I'd at least lose the hover effect and the afterimage effect on the enemies. This way, the eye will be drawn to the attack animation and then the enemy or player getting damaged. If you could make a similar afterimage effect occur just when the enemy attacks (rather than making them expand so much) that might be a subtler cue of which enemy is attacking.
thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I still haven't settled on the monster effects yet so I may still change those. Yeah, she can be pretty creepy at times ,its part of her personality.lol
Frogge
Someone is going to be doing the busts for mansion pickrow. He showed me what he has done so far, and I think I died from how good they look.
@ExtremeDevelopment They look awesome! =0
author=rauwolf
thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I still haven't settled on the monster effects yet so I may still change those. Yeah, she can be pretty creepy at times ,its part of her personality.lol

Ambrosia in Oracle of Tao is creepy too. In one of the bad endings, she kills her whole family (and most of the party). Anyway, yea, go with it. I'm gonna disagree with Housekeeping. Sometimes odd is better in terms of design. Just make it work.
@ExtremeDevelopment Yeah, those portraits are lovely