HAUS'S GENERAL ART THREAD

DAY 40

Cross section of the mountain as well as some detail on what the outside of it kind of looks like when it's not being an eerie shadow in the distance. The previous picture should make sense with this diagram, which I may end up using as the map for the interior because this 3d tiered layout makes it a bit challenging to do a proper map. We'll see I guess.
DAY 41

Some rough sketches of the villains/bosses for Undersea Mountain, and what their sprites will probably look like. Nothing too fancy here but I guess you can kinda see where my sprite style comes from.
DAY 42

I've reached the last few pages of this sketchbook, which means I start doing a tradition of mine where I draw a series of montages or movie poster type things or group pictures that summarize the games or stories or subjects I drew in that sketchbook. Since there was a ton of Undersea Mountain development in this book, naturally this follows. Actually I've been wanting to draw a composition like this since forever and I didn't manage to make it work until the last few days when I established the giant crystal idea and fleshed out the villains, so I'm pretty happy I finally got to do it.
DAY 43

Drew a nice picture showing off the "bad guys" of Ruin Frontier this time as well as the various mechanical designs of their faction.
DAY 44

Here's the second of the Ruin Frontier pictures I'm doing, this time showing the protagonists apparently having a vacation. This enivronment is kind of all over the place, but if it's not clear, this is basically an enormous floating continent of some kind that has a sea and a pretty beach to go with it, hence the reason that you can see Convergence (the tower-like super-arcology) in the background. In this world of endless sky it's a fixed landmark so I tend to stick it as a background in a lot of these floating island scenes (and also because huge colony things are cool).
DAY 45

Well this definitely needs work but it'll do for a placeholder. The problem with not doing pixel art for a while is that you immediately start sucking at it again. The blade is a loud placeholder color because I'll be substituting various weapons into his hand later on.
DAY 46

Well here's the first animations for the ghostly Zylverhia's battle sprites. It seems I remembered how to do pixel art in a hurry so I'm pretty happy with today's results. These of course could always use more work, because there really should be more motion with regards to her clothing and hair, despite the fact that she's a ghost and may not be subject to the laws of physics. My animation background just isn't happy enough until everything is moving correctly, but I'll have to live with it for now and worry about perfecting these later when I have more of the game completed.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Nice pixels!

Haven't visited this thread in a while. You got here lota now goodies.
sinn
the original sinn
Lovely pixels! Ruin frontier seems like an interesting game... Is it available?
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
A demo is, which we have here:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/7362/

Maybe we can use that as like a BROMIDE in the game or somesuch, someday!
DAY 47

Continuing my tradition of drawing summarizing pictures, this is the first of two additional pictures I'm going to be drawing about Skulhoarse and wife. This one in particular depicts them both as they were prior to their deaths as well as their children and...their retainers, siblings, etc...Yeah it got much bigger than intended. I guess this being a summarizing picture I wanted to cram as many as I could in there and I definitely succeeded in that regard, but this suffers from some inconsistent proportions and anatomy flaws as expected of something I drew at work. The original plan for this to have more of a 3/4 view from above kinda fell through too as I was drawing them, which is a BAD AND AMATEUR THING TO DO (not that I'm a pro or anything). At the very least, I was able to draw characters on this picture that have only up to this point existed as words or thoughts, so that's good.
DAY 48

Here's the second picture revolving around Skulhoarse and Wife, this time post-undeath and years later, with the kids grown up. This is a composition I've done before but I added the characters sitting down because I was honestly at a loss at finding a better arrangement. As a result, the proportions are most likely off, or at least if I drew their feet they probably wouldn't be level. I probably need to start trying some more interesting group picture compositions (and this is of course disregarding the obvious need to work on techniques and research more, heh).
DAY 49

In the third and second to the last pages of this sketchbook, I had a total lapse of sanity and decided to draw every single PB class design I did in one picture. Seeing as how there's male and female versions though, I did this on 2 pictures instead and stuck them together afterwards. They actually match up surprisingly well, but this was a very maddening affair considering my messy pencil technique so naturally these drawings took a while.

Either way, if I've learned anything from all the stuff I've done in this sketchbook, it's that I need to practice my anatomy and techniques a lot more. Once I've filled the last page and moved onto the next one, there will probably be a lot less of these "finished" drawings since I'll probably just be doing tons of practice sketch dumps instead. We'll see how that goes.
DAY 50

This final drawing is not as crazy as the last few but considering that the Blanzhardia ladies figured into some of my better sketches in this sketchbook, I had to do another group picture with them in it. This time I drew them in their armor but without the helmets since I hadn't done that yet. This picture reminded me of the truth I discovered earlier in this book - that I can draw armored people ALL DAY.

And with that, this sketchbook is filled up. I'm a bit disappointed as it took almost 7 months to fill up this book. Granted everything I drew here was done at work, and a lot of the drawings had some very complex compositions or demanded a lot of detail work, so that's where a lot of delay came from. The next sketchbook will probably be more focused on practice and study grinding so there won't be as many of these fancy pictures and they may be fewer and farther in between, but if I learned anything from this past half year it's that I need to seriously put myself back into "school" to work on my technique and anatomy, which is painfully evident in this thread as a whole. We'll see how that goes, heh.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Holy crap these look amazing! I didn't want to spam the thread with praise by posting this same thing after literally every single drawing, but...

Holy crap these look amazing!
author=Red_Nova
Holy crap these look amazing! I didn't want to spam the thread with praise by posting this same thing after literally every single drawing, but...

Holy crap these look amazing!

Hah, thanks. Now the challenge is actually doing SOMETHING with them. Heh...
DAY 51

Urgh, it's been forever since I updated, but I've been busy working on things that aren't drawing and it has also been too damn busy at work recently, giving me less opportunities to blow off and draw. Anyway, here's some Ruin Frontier sketchdumping, mostly some random ideas for things I'm going to make sprites out of.
I apologize for the lack of updates, as I was busy in the past month doing work for IGMC 2015. Now that that's over, I can finally go back to my previous schedule and get drawing again. I've also fixed the loss of my server space so this thread is now back on track.

The following drawings were not all drawn on the same day but due to the lack of updates I'm posting them together on one day anyway.

DAY 52

The first 2 are rough sketches of environments for my IGMC game, Ruin Frontier 0, which you can find HERE until my RMN page for it goes up. I sent those drawings to a friend of mine who painted them all awesome-like and you can see one of them as the title screen for the game.

The second drawing is an idea I got for yet another fully medusa-armored lady. I'm going to be doing a number of character sketches in the immediate future and focus on mostly filling pages of my sketchbook with raw ideas like these.

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
This is goooood shit!

Particularly of note is your attention to detail. Your environments are particularly inspiring.

Love this character, by the way.
Thanks! I'm glad you like her, she's one of my favorites too.

DAY 53

At one point I counted that I had something like 300 original characters, maybe more. I decided I'd fill this sketchbook with them or at least give actual faces and updated designs to as many of these OCs as possible. This lady is one of them, and she hails from a story/project set in a medieval setting where you run a mercenary group and recruit people and whatnot, like a standard SRPG. History nerds such as myself will probably say that what she's wearing does not look medieval at all since it's heavily based on Roman armor, but this is simply part of a lot of the world building I do in order to differentiate cultures from each other. Once I get to posting more you will probably determine that "medieval" is not an accurate term at all. Heh.

Unrelated but for those interested, we now have a page on RMN for our IGMC entry, Ruin Frontier 0. This game was responsible for my lack of updates in the past month so I suppose it kinda makes sense to post it here. You can find the game here:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/8091/