FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Basch's kit is so good. Makes me sad I got nothing from 45 pulls so far. I'm at 42 myth so I should be able to do another pull tomorrow.

I should be able to at least do a 50-pull for Desch's relic, and then a 50-pull for a Cait Sith relic. All other myth will go toward lucky draws, I guess. Nothing else in the future excites me until, like, Gabranth I guess? Mostly to get these relics that I have failed to get here...
And here I read that they didn't actually include Excalibur (VI) in the last 50 draw I tried for Celes' weapon specifically... They reward me with 1 Mithril. Really? D:
Craze
Nope, that's not what happened. It was put on the list of possible items to get from the daily free draw (but wasn't actually included yet, since items aren't added until after their first event concludes). It had the normal chance on the actual Relm 2 banner.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Mojo Jojo has SO MUCH HP.

He doesn't even do anything! He attacks for 300 damage! He just doesn't die.
What the crap is with this new app and rewards program they just launched?

I uh...
I don't know what to say. I got the screenshot uploading working!
Craze
It's not a new app, it's an old app and it's total shit. If enough people amass enough collective points, everybody gets 10 myth. I won't be bothering, I tried to use that app for ff14 and it sooo wasn't worth it.

Nice BSB!

In the end, I went 1/~75 (lost count) on Basch 1, finally getting Balthier's SSB. So... fuck this game.

Judge Bergan died hard. Like, no s/l, just fell before my team like a cardboard cutout. Cid, on the other hand, is being a royal (advisor?) pain in the ass. I can get him down to ~10% but not without a lot of deaths. =|

edit:

Time to try Demon Wall for the eigth time or so. Asshole is giving me such a hard time. So glad it's 1 stamina =P I'm also glad I didn't read up on the mechanics until I tried it a few times, though. Gonna make a habit of that for nightmare bosses, but probably not for U+ fights because they seem to have soooo much hp that it's not worth the time sink.

Changing my plans a bit so that I don't have to farm myth too hard and can focus on Greens instead. Instead of doing a 50-pull on both FF3 banners, I'm gonna do a cult of 3 on Edea 2 and Desch 1 and then do only a 50-pull on Desch 2 (since what I really want are Gauntlet (strongest HotE), Break Blade (sentinel + big attack) and Arc's medica (has 50% RES like Divine Guardian)). Other than that, no more pulls until the next fest (hope ssb pls appear) because the rest of the banners are shit that's shitty or I don't need/want. Cait Sith banner intrigued me but the only good thing on it is the Yellow MPhone so... screw that. Should be able to have 150~ myth for the fest if all goes well.

Miiight do a cult of 3 on Kuja 2 as well (Beatrix/Garnet SSBs, Zidane's steal power and Kuja's En-Dark). Unsure, since myth is gonna be tight for a while apparently.
Somehow I've run out of growth eggs. Palom and Porom will need to be leveled up the old fashioned way.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I've decided that worrying about limited-time rewards for gysahl greens isn't actually helpful since there will apparently always be more limited-time rewards than it's reasonable to get.

I managed to beat Demon Wall just before it disappeared for the rest of the month. (It'll be back in two weeks, for anyone who didn't beat it yet.) I was trying to do the puzzle fights without looking them up since they only cost 1 stamina, but that fight sure does give you absolutely no indication of why anything is happening. The mechanics are neat but the conveyance leaves a lot to be desired. Which has been a problem in a few of the Ultimate fights too. If TFMurphy were not hacking the game's enemy AI, many fights would be unwinnable except by dumb luck or very excessive trial/error.

For example, one of the mechanics is "Deal 80000 damage to the boss before its third turn, or it'll use Gravija on its third turn." Gravija makes you instantly lose mastery, so this is a huge deal. But the condition for him to use it is absolutely not communicated at all. It would be so much clearer if there were a second target with 80000 max HP that did a countdown from 2 to 0 and then used Gravija - the idea of killing something to stop it from using a skill makes vastly more sense than dealing an arbitrary, invisible amount of damage to interrupt the skill, a thing which never works under any other circumstance.

The fact that if he uses Royal Tomb four times you instantly lose, and the fact that if you kill his arms first he transforms into "fuck you" mode and does nothing but really fast instant death attacks over and over, also don't sit great with me. They're at least learnable via dying to them a couple times until you recognize the patterns, unlike Gravija which you just absolutely would never figure out without looking it up.
Craze
Yeah, I agree with the gam mak analysis. I wound up not actually beating it, whoops -- went to try at 10pm, too late ;V It'll be back though.

My friend got the Edea SSB he really really wanted on his first 50-pull, so that's nice. I'm still a liiiitle salty from going 1/75 though. Here's hoping FF3 goes better.
The first ultimate nightmare used a powerful attack if you didn't do enough damage in a few turns, but push through with reasonable mitigation. The second ultimate nightmare used an unmitigatable attack, and added a medal requirement to announce that the attack could be prevented. This is a good way to introduce a new mechanic.

As for the 'four cones till ultimate attack', that had an actual countdown. You can't get much more obvious than that short of having Mog explain the whole thing.

If you think you need to literally read the code to figure the fight out, I recommend reading about some of the boss mechanics mmo players have discovered.
Craze

Cid+ mastered. Shout wasn't available, so I grabbed a Mighty Guard (VIII) to cycle RWs with... and won. gg. flower of trabia so good for basically undoing the curagas.
Is this the first time you've finished bonus battles before the next set was released?

I probably won't be using Shout tonight. Having guns means I can bring Sazh, so it'll be more slot-efficient to bring him and not stack hastega effects.
Craze
mmmmmaybe. didn't have a choice, now that we have the set schedule. as far as i can tell:

Monday - New event
Tuesday - Nightmare Record appears/disappears
Wednesday(?) - Gyshal shop resets
Thursday - Bonus battles drop; previous event cycles out

edit: cult of 3 got me Pinwheel, which has no SB but is waaaay better for Edea/Rinoa than my Fujin's Chakram... loses like 20 atk for 50 mgc (109 total). very worth.
Ultimate Seifer full medals party:

I would love to do an AoE/magic party, but all of my weapons are physical and elemental resistances make it tricky since I'd have to wait until Raijin is gone before I can use Quetzlcoatl or whatever.

Anyway, took it nice and easy and knocked them down one-at-a-time. Waited for Apocalypse Shield to be active before dropping Flashing Blade. Speaking of which, I almost honed Flashing Blade but noticed I had enough orbs for R4 Flare, so now I have no more Non-Elemental orbs for that... Flashing Blade will be next since Sephiroth is a bad mofo. Yukikaze's damage was really low on Basch, so I should've given him a strong single target ability like Saint's Cross. Squall Burst RW helped me get medals as well as damage for Basch and Sazh.

Was never in any sort of danger. Pretty easy fight with my gear and limit breaks. Probably would be even easier with a second spellblade.

Hungry, so I'll do the Ultimate+ after I make a bite.
I got my face wiped twice trying to do Ultimate Seifer. I just can't accomplish much right now without an SS2/SG RW.
Ultima+ Weapon mastery party:

Might as well do it while the chicken thighs bake. Missed a medal on speed because it took awhile to get my Boostga stack up, mostly because Drunk Cecil used his first meter on Protectga (source: Power Sash). Once that was up, Ultima Weapon got creamed by three consecutive Black Materia. Healed the Gravija with Selphie RW, which then blocked an Earthquake. Second one healed his big sword attack that snuck through a Stoneskin/break gap, which then blocked an Ultima spell... so that RW was pretty neat.
author=Illy
I got my face wiped twice trying to do Ultimate Seifer. I just can't accomplish much right now without an SS2/SG RW.

What's killing you? What's your party make-up? What limit breaks have your learned? Stoneskin is safer, but you can compensate for it with breaks. Do you have a good dancer? What's your kill order? I did Fujin first, and then Raijin while the Burst RW was still in effect, and finished with Seifer.
I don't have any breakdown users or dancers of significant level. I don't have any 5* abilities (aside from the free multi break dancer ability). A lot of my characters are between level 60 and 70. I really don't get that much armor on my pulls, it's always just weapons weapons weapons.

So one tornado hits everyone for 4k+ and kills two of them. The physical attacks nail for around 2.5k. I'm 99% sure I'd do much better if I could just land an SS2/SG in my RW roulette, but I'd rather not have to rely on that crap just to play the game.

This was my first attempt. My second replaced Cecil with Exdeath, still same facewipage.
LockeZ
Massive problem #1 is you don't have Shellga.

If you don't have SS2/SG, do yourself a huge favor and replace one of those attackers with a second healer. You ideally want one person with either Curaga or Renewing Cure, and the other with Curaja. The pissy versions of stat breaks aren't helping you anyway, they're only reducing enemy damage by like 5%. And none of Seifer's crew can be slowed, though Fuujin and Raijin can be blinded.

You'd probably also benefit a lot from giving one of your knights Draw Fire. I usually give it to Cecil since he can use bows and stay in the back row, making him truly impervious to phys damage. (Bows help with Protectga duration too.)

Your lack of armor isn't a huge problem since it's a problem everyone has in FF8.

I've never had trouble getting Shield Grimoires as roaming warriors. Other than Shout, they seem to be the second most common soul break out there (Cloud's motorcycle comes in third). In fact they're so common as randoms that I stopped keeping more than two of them in my friend list. If I run out I can just refresh the friend list in Fabul Castle until I get one and it never takes more than a couple minutes. Fabul Castle only costs 1 stamina so it's a great place to refresh your roaming warrior list.