FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

50 Mithril Draw today~

So unusual..!

2x Wing Edge (Guess it paid off that I really wanted Locke!)
1x Oath Veil
1x Ice Brand
1x Crystal Armor (4*)
Rest 3*
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
That's not a bad pull at all. Probably my least favorite Locke SB, but any SB is better than none on your favorites.*

Do you have a lot of ff6 weapons? If not, I'd hold off combining the Wing Edges for a bit because there's a lot of Thrown users in ff6 (Locke, Shadow, Setzer).

Oath Veil is also wicked in many realms.

*says the guy who has lenna's Raise sb...
Doesn't Oath Veil have an elemental boost of some flavor? Or am I thinking of the wrong item?
Craze
Yup, +20% wind boost. Pretty nice since it's a hat and almost everybody can equip them.

edit: there's something twisted about having Golbez rain down Meteor on the lunar enemies in today's ++ daily. gonna do it anyway though

edit2: i'm at 30k gysahl greens. only thing i've purchased is the temporary mythril (grab it, it goes away tomorrow!). what're you guys at?
Yeah, I can see that being a useful item, especially when the hybrid-elemental abilities start rolling out. The second 6* Black ability is Meltdown, which is Fire/Earth/Wind. And some existing Wind limit breaks that I can think of: Bart'z Blade Wing, Celes's Spinning Edge, Eiko's Withering Winds, and then Luneth's Swordshower next month.

I have 25,610 greens and have only purchased the mythril. I'll get the stamina shards as soon as I can afford all five and am in a situation where I want to keep playing but lack stamina.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'd be at 15000 greens if I hadn't spent 11000 of them already. I didn't do enough of Relm's event before the dailies were all reset. I didn't expect a double greens event or I would've finished everything else before it started.
The lesson is: read the announcements. The double greens bonus schedule was in the initial announcement for the chocobo shop.
author=Craze
Do you have a lot of ff6 weapons? If not, I'd hold off combining the Wing Edges for a bit because there's a lot of Thrown users in ff6 (Locke, Shadow, Setzer).

Ahh, unfortunately I didn't think of that and already combined them. Oh well. I do still have the Valiant Knife though!

I'm sitting on 11k greens, I've already gotten the mythril and 2 of the MC1's though. So I still need like 14k more.
Craze
I now only have 3k greens. Thanks, limited major orbs!
Looks like we're getting a lucky draw in the next few days, for the nightmare gate.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Napsterblook mastered first try. Sentinel Grimoire is too good and I have way too much holy damage: R5 Diaga and R4 Banishing Strike, plus holy-elemental soul breaks on both Beatrix and Yuna. If anyone's still having trouble, there's absolutely no reason to even consider bringing fewer than two healers, and maybe even three, since they'll also be your highest damage dealers with holy spells.
Holy physical attacks will hit Cheddargoob harder than Diaga, generally speaking, especially because there are so few MND weapons for FF6 and no MND-boost effects. Cheekymook's RES/DEF disparity is bigger than ever. Like I said, Holy, with a coefficient of 12 (compared to Diaga's 8.3), was only doing 8k damage for me with an off-record weapon. You need about 375 MND, Mental Breakdown, and Full Break to achieve 10k damage with Diaga, and 375 MND is actually pretty difficult to come by in FF6. Meanwhile, my Edgar was hitting for 20k with Saint Cross. Not to mention, Shatnerspock's magic counter is the nastier of the two.
Just got finished with Vincent's Story, I was able to master everything.

Is it just me, or was Ultima Weapon really easy??
Ultimate Rufus mastery party:

Pretty easy, but somebody will probably die due to Dispel. In my case, I lost Barret really early, though he fulfilled his medals duty with Grenade Bomb (-50% DEF to all) before he was dusted. It might just be luck, but Rufus crits a lot. I brought Reflect on Aeris but I think a knight with Banishing Strike and Saint's Cross would've been better, especially because Maduin was only hitting Rufus for about 3.5k x2. I guess I was hoping his pet would reflect some buffs at me, but he never used them once Reflect was in play. Because of the pet's Dispel, you might want to go with a bunch of dance breaks to help people stay alive through the initial blitz. Once the pet is dead, Rufus is pretty non-threatening. Sentinel might be cool here because it'd draw Dispel and I think it'll maintain the 200% DEF boost since it's a physical buff, much in the same way Draw Fire and Retaliate can't be dispelled. Rufus has way less RES than Shooterboob so magic should be viable.

Now it's time to devise an Ultimate+ Hojo party and see how that goes. I was thinking Gilgamesh would be pretty potent since Hojo has physical counters and multi-hitters.
Ultimate+ Hojo mastery party:

Total weenie. Use Draw Fire and Retaliate, and give that character your best blind goggles. Get Stoneskin/Sentinel's Guard up for the weak phase because he starts spamming Blind and Poison Gas. Group cure would make weak phase safer, but I didn't lose anybody. If you use abilities like Lifesiphon and Pound, you probably don't need Esuna at all--I used it once on Barret. Gilgamesh covered my Protectga, -after- he got Draw Fire and Retaliate up. Very easy boss.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'd been focussing on dailies, so I hadn't beaten the FFVI 110 boss yet, but after honing my Shiva it was a breeze, and I got Celes' MC2 in the nick of time. Good thing too, because I also pulled her Excalibur in the nick of time. I'm seeing some good runicking in my future.
So, a question. I have a lot of hero souls left, but I'm not sure what character would be best to get. Based on the upcoming events, which would be the best choices?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Whichever characters are not in those events.

What characters don't you have the MCs for?
I'm not sure, but I don't think that's correlated...?

I'm just talking about hero spirits not their MC's. Pretty sure you can't get a heroes MC without unlocking the hero first. (Unless for some reason you use Soul Crystals to get them)

This is why I got Locke, cuz I didn't see him on any of the upcoming events.
Just get who you want and don't overthink it.