FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I would suggest you save one hero soul, in case you get a piece of equipment that gives a soul break for a character you don't have.

Otherwise, once you have Gilgamesh, at least one paladin, and either Eiko or Arc, you are basically fine. The main character from each game is also really good (with the exception of dark knight cecil and warrior of light), but most of them are pretty easy to get without spending hero souls - they are given out in almost every event.
author=LockeZ
I would suggest you save one hero soul, in case you get a piece of equipment that gives a soul break for a character you don't have.

I like this logic. I'll probably hold em all for this circumstance.
Warrior of Light does get White 4 eventually, making him a statistically superior version of Cecil, except with different limit breaks and I think no bows. And even without that buff, he's still a competent Knight if you just need somebody to taunt and smash things with holy damage. The real thing holding him back, though, is that we might never get any of his cool stuff. The FF1 event will probably be skipped and we already missed one of his limit breaks from another skipped event, such that his original Sun Sword is still the only thing he's got for Global.

Drunk Cecil gets Darkness 5 very soon, so I'll probably be rotating him back into some of my setups. He'll get a suped up version of Saint's Cross that deals dark damage at the cost of some HP, so he'll be the best physical Darkness user by a pretty healthy margin. Sephiroth will deal slightly more damage (a gap that keeps getting narrower with each memory crystal), but has far more restrictive equipment and is much squishier.

But yeah, I wouldn't spend a soul on them unless you get a cool item, because they don't really fill a niche that isn't easily filled by others.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I'll do the Ultimates (although I already did Ultima Weapon in the... Final Battle? what's with these names.) after lucky draw tomorrow, to see if I get anything for FF7 or otherwise useful.

rufus seems to be a simple mitigate-and-kill after dark nation dies. i've heard a lot of "oh no!!!" about it but i'm not too worried.
Well, the thing with Rufus is that there's a big risk component with Dispel. If his pet Dispels one of your squishy dudes and Rufus immediately does a double shotgun attack on them, then he can just snuff them out. This is why I think the dances might be pretty useful, or one of the AoE breakdown limit breaks like Mog's Heroic Harmony or Gordon's Goddess Bell or whatever the name of Faris or Freya's -ATK/MAG is. You could also hone up Curaise and bring that as your main heal. The fight definitely front-loads its risk, but it does become a pretty standard tank-and-spank at the end. In your case though, I think Pretty Cecil with a first-turn Sentinel will make the Dispel risk factor irrelevant. And I would only use Sentinel once, because Rufus will throw more AoE at you as the fight progresses, so it'd be much more useful to switch to his SSB to finish Rufus off.
Time to take a shower and then fail another lucky draw.

Yep. One 4*, ten 3*.
Craze
Jude you need to start sacrificing goats or something.

my pull:

i now have all of pecil's limit breaks (all from lucky draws!), not that this one is at all useful since I have his SSB... also Decil's first SB, which is better than nothing since I need to level him more for that sword RM.

the zell and gilgamesh sbs are funny since they're actually identical (3 hits + self-protect/shell/haste), but I'll take it. especially with a tanking gilgamesh, a bit of extra duration never hurt anybody. (zell may be "meh" but i appreciate his love of hot dogs so i'm glad i got a gauntlet; also it's my 4th-best weapon at 122 atk currently. will probably drop some rosettas on it eventually, if that doesn't change.)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's the part before Dark Nation dies that's threatening. Once the dog's down, if you have sentinel grimoire, you win. Frontload everything.

Jude, you get what you pay for I guess.
I got one 5* for my lucky pull. Gungnir. Not bad, I like Kain so it's okay. I did get a lot of 4*'s that I already had before, so now I have some good combined relic synergy equipment.
Nightmare Demon Wall mastery party:

Like Nightmare Ultima Buster, this boss is gimmick-based, so do your homework and pay attention to your mistakes so you can learn from them on your next attempt.

The best tip I have is to put your best damage dealer in the center, your next best as his wingmen, and your healer in either the first or last slot. Demon Wall emits this aura that affects three adjacent allies, such that it will always contain your center character and has a high probability of hitting the other two midfielders. This is important because only people inside that aura are allowed to attack the Demon Wall without him fucking you over.

Demon Wall will announce how many turns the aura will last before emitting a new one. Count those turns so that you don't queue up a big multi-hitter that ends up hitting the wrong target.

Don't bring AoE limit breaks--single target only. If you plan to bring randomly targeted attacks, only use them during phase 1. I don't know if Retaliate works here. It targets randomly but doesn't trigger counters, but I don't know if Demon Wall's behavior is scripted or in a counter. I am leaning towards scripted because there's no ability name pop-up when the charge up thing happens, though there are for his arm's counters.

Demon Wall will use Gravija after four turns if you don't force him into his second phase, which costs you three medals. Therefore, you should either frontload your limit breaks or bring a powerful RW. I was able to push him to phase 2 without damage limit breaks when I brought Luneth, who used Advance and Barrage, but this was a bad idea because it's inevitable that he'll get popped with a physical attack for 2000+ damage, and possibly multiple times in the same turn, and that's with Protectga up (4k, otherwise). You can probably still use Advance if you bring Stoneskin/Sentinel's Guard.

Each time the Demon Wall makes a new aura, it will charge up its special attack even faster. If your midfielders hit hard enough, then you can kill Demon Wall before the aura that lasts 1-turn occurs, and bypass his berserk phase altogether. That's what I did. Hastega probably makes that easier, but I went without.

Demon Wall's DEF seems to go up as the fight continues, so using your SSBs as soon as they're ready during phase 2 might be optimal. If you don't have the damage to kill Demon Wall in phase 2, then you should probably save your SSBs for phase 3 because he'll start one-shotting dudes one at a time and eventually AoE the party for 9999.

Destroying both arms doesn't dispel the aura right away. He'll still be in phase 2 until he dissipates the aura himself, so your non-aura'd party members just need to chillax. At which point, Demon Wall will enter phase 3. He will stay in phase 2 for as long as the arms are alive.

Damage is still pretty high even with Protectga. Bring Drain Strike and Steal HP where you can slot it, and consider bringing two healers or a healing RW if you can't field a Stoneskin/Sentinel's Guard. You can also mitigate a lot of damage from the backrow.

Don't forget your hybrid weapons that have MND for your healer. MND swords can be used on paladins and Tyro's got his books.
Craze
Nightmare Demon Wall looks fun. I'll try it out tomorrow. Gotta get more Sundaily XP for the upcoming FF3 event.

Rufus I mastered on my second s/l (first try was a quick s/l because I hit the wrong buttons, not really Rufus screwing me over). I wasn't sure if I was gonna Master it because I was down to basic attacks by the end, but I did! Didn't bother screenshotting because it was a pretty normal setup. Used Hand of the Emperor as my RW, which is probably why it wasn't an issue at all.

I... went the complete opposite route from Jude after that. Full mage meta for Hojo U+! I tried a few times, but I didn't get it until I stacked faithgas.

Nanaki: Lunatic High, with Trine filler
Lulu: Focus, with one Firaga Fury at the end
Yuna: Hymn of the Fayth spam
Vanille: Deprotectga. I used Oerba's Boon once as a panic button. Mostly used V because she's a Sage for the Dispel requirement.
Tyro: SG... of course. Overpowered.
RW: Vincent with Cerberus Shot (a few dark hits and then the normal 20% faithga)

He starts to melt when you put on the pressure with Lunatic High + Cerberus Shot, although it took me a few times to figure out how to stagger them properly to maxmize my damage output. I spent quite a bit just sitting there waiting for one person to get their SB charged so I could unload Hastega/Faithga/Faithga all at once. Fun, but tiring. Glad I emptied out my stamina beforehand.

edit: sold a bunch of accessories, like the dog tags. kinda too bad, since they all have great icons, but alas.

You should roll with a mage party more often, because of your Lulu's Hairpin. Shit, you can even bring Yuffie with Phantasm and Multi Break in a mage team for a third instant heal.
Craze
Yuffie only has Dancer 4 :< I learned that sad fact while prepping for the Ultimate. Mog, Penelo, and Tyro are the only Multi-Break users (apparently Rikku also gets buffed to 5* eventually).

I considered using Mog with Curaja/Multi-Break/Flower of Trabia, but eh. Maybe to holy-weak bosses in the future.
Yikes. Dancer is even more restrictive than I thought. She can use the Breakdown ones, at least.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.

Oh cool, my masamune is now 6*. And a boostga is also always nice.
Craze
Nice, Jeroen! A good katana is a beautiful thing. Having a boostga for a popular realm is quite nice, too.
Super dope. I pulled Basch's Platinum Shield. 30% ATK/DEF for the party that stacks with Boostga. The shield also gives a holy damage bonus for even more impressive Saint's Cross.

Also got my third Gladius (FF9). Rest converted into gold.
Craze
And because Jude got the best item, I pulled a Jude and went 1/34 and that 1 was a Lohengrin no-SB sword
I think Balthier's gun is the best item, but the shield is definitely the item I personally wanted the most. This marks the second time in the history of FFRK that I've gotten exactly the item I desired. First was Thyrus during one of those soulbreak festivals.

FF3 will be my next 11-pull.

Just unlocked Basch and holy shit is his kit good. Most melee weapons and armor types. Access to Knight-5, Combat-5, and Samurai-4. He replaces my need for Gilgamesh, only missing some elemental dragoon abilities but those aren't critically important.
I guess there's supposed to be an orb weekend.

I am at an even 100 Mythril right now. So I'll be doing an 11-pull on FF3 1 and FF9 2. And whatever I accumulate until then will go towards the next soulbreak festival.