FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Meh? That's the best armor in the game due to a mislabeled advertisement. They accidentally labeled its 5-star stats as its 5++ stats, and rather then correct the ad and give out free mythril, they just upgraded its stats.
author=Jude
Meh? That's the best armor in the game due to a mislabeled advertisement. They accidentally labeled its 5-star stats as its 5++ stats, and rather then correct the ad and give out free mythril, they just upgraded its stats.

Really? I had no idea.

Guess I lucked out on a really good pull then!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I think we might get enough MC2 loads over a long time, but I'm gonna be grabbing at least one of them with greens anyway. The hunger for new record materia never ceases.
Also, can we talk about how insanely expensive the last set of 5 stamina shards is? 100,000 per shard. It's going to take me like six months to buy all of those, while not buying any orbs.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I just did the ++ dungeon twice, both times only getting the standard 500 greens. Either I'm just really unlucky or the drop rate for greens is really low. I'll see how many greens I can get before the end of the event. I'm hoping for at least one MC2, but at this rate even that seems unlikely.

Edit: Just ran the ++ again. Again, no random gysahl drops. It could be the average is 1500, but so far, I haven't been having anywhere near that luck.
Ultimate Chadarnook mastery party:

Not too bad. I ran out of Saint Cross and Holy before it was over, but wrapped it up pretty easily with a double Black Materia. Overall, my party is weird and I can do better.

It might be a good idea to bring Protectga instead of Gilgamesh. I thought all of Chadarnook's physical attacks were single target, but it's quite fond of using one that hits everybody pretty hard, so I'm glad I brought Mako Might for an early Stoneskin.

Magic Lure was pretty good for making the counter Drain irrelevant, which also activated pretty excessively. When I only had Shellga up, counter-Drain hit for like 2.5k, but Magic Lure brought it down to 300 and Stoneskin brought it down further. Runic might be an alternative if you bring your own Boostga or Faithga. Advance + Retaliate strategy will avoid the counters altogether. Magic Breakdown + Full Break should be effective as well.

You have to hit Demon with holy magic of some flavor before you can hit it with physical attacks. Goddess is vulnerable to holy physical damage right away, however. You don't need to hit Demon with holy magic each time it appears--only during the first transition--it'll remain vulnerable to physical for the rest of the battle.

Full time healer is probably necessary. Shellga and some other RES bonus is probably important, because it's spells hit pretty hard.

Holy was hitting for about 8k without a synergy weapon, so Diaga without a synergy weapon seems like a bad idea. If you can't field Holy or a synergy staff, I'd suggest Selphie's Flower of Trabia RM to open Demon up to physical attacks rather than wasting a slot on a low-damage Diaga.
Craze
Hmm. Sounds like having Edgar and Mog relics is gonna win me the day here. Holy Lance means I shouldn't have any trouble with Diaga.

Do you think that Shellga + Full Break + Magic Breakdown will handle the magic damage, or should I bring along a Garnet SSB RW? I notice you only brought 3* magic break.

I was gonna do the fight last night but I fell asleep after doing the +++ battle. ;V Hidon gave me a bit of trouble because I got cocky and brought no buffga. This is the second time in recent memory that Dr. Mog has failed to say that the boss's minions deal hefty physical damage (HELLO ARCHAEODEMONS). I had to s/l a few times until Edgar could Lifesiphon out a quick Drill so that I wouldn't die horribly.

I did a whopping two pulls on the cat ear hood banner. I'd love a Relm relic since she has one of the best Sage skill pools available. Nothin, but I might do one more single pull (BIG SPENDA) since I mathed it out and I can do three pulls across the FFXII banners. I want to make sure I have some left over for Desch, though.

I assume you're bringing Tyro, whose Sentinel Guard would count as your second RES buff. Dagger's RW is very good and would augment it further, but I consider it more important to increase your damage. Besides, if your friends list is anything like mine, a shitload of dudes updated their roamers to Shout, so one is always in the queue. I'll need to prune again in the near future.

Since you got Cecil's super, you're obviously going to bring that and Lifesiphon. You'll get 30k damage, for sure. Edgar was capping Saint Cross with Shout up.

I really only brought Msgic Break for the medals. Sephiroth used Lifesiphon all day. If I were to do it again, I would drop Gilgamesh in favor of Ingus and equip him with Magic Breakdown and Saint Cross. Then swap Edgar for Pretty Cecil with Banishing Strike and Protectga.
Craze
Hmm, alright. tbh I totally forgot that Wall existed? I need to sleep a few more hours. And I forgot about Saint's Fall, too. Damn, Craze...

I'll go for it on Sunday, I think, after a coffee. Need all my stamina today/tomorrow to vaccuum up these daily dungeon mythril.

Did that extra single pull on the relm/shadow ssb banner. Got a second Drill! I think I'm going to augment it, since it's now my best spear and a lot of my best units can use spears.

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm done with this. On to Kingdom Hearts X Unchained!
Ahh, last day I actually managed to defeat Gaffgarion and get Agrias' RM2! Which is fine as I didn't really want to play Ramza anyway since I got a Kaiser Shield and no Platinum Sword.
Craze
Read up and apparently we get plenty of MC2 lodes in the future, so I'm not gonna bother with the limited-time ones. Having them there as insurance (if I get an un-doublebroken char's relic) is nice, though -- it let me use up my last lodes on Vivi and Locke so that I can get their useful materia.

Time to keep grinding greens so that I can maybe get Saint Cross to R3? Damn wind orbs =|

edit: okay that would take me 1,060,000 gyshal greens (not counting the orbs I'd get while farming). shit XD
Advice from JP players is to not use your Greens on Greater Orbs and wait for discounted Majors in the future.
Craze
Mastered the hell out of Chardanook. Took some s/l to get the timing right, but it paid off in the end.

used quistis SSB for RW. Was a bit risky without medica but I persevered.
I am surprised you doubled up the holy damage on Cecil instead of splitting it with Edgar. With Magic Breakdown and Full Break you probably didn't need Magic Lure.

I think I already have over 100 Mythril again, because of the daily dungeon reset. I'll be pulling on Basch 1 next, and then probably Desch 1, but maybe 2. Then Kuja 2.
Wee, I tackled Ultros/Typhon and mastered it. Then I went and managed to beat Wrexsoul barely.

I got roflstomped by Hidon, however. I'm not terribly interested in playing Relm anyways so this is okay to me. I got what I really wanted - Celes' MC2.

What are you using to capture your screenshots, Craze? I'd like to be able to put em up here too.
Hidon's damage is surprising, and is the reason why my Chadarnook clear was later than I wanted. I had to redo it because I didn't expect so much physical damage and didn't bring Protectga or Stoneskin. I would suggest bringing Exhausting Polka, Protectga, and a Sentinel Guard/Stoneskin roamer, and then focus-firing Hidon. Alternatively, you can bring a Draw Fire/Retaliate tank like Gilgamesh to deal with the physical damage.
I came prepared for physical attacks, but when Hidon dropped two Bio bombs in a row that hit the entire party for over 2k each time, I had to fold.
Craze
Jude
I am surprised you doubled up the holy damage on Cecil instead of splitting it with Edgar. With Magic Breakdown and Full Break you probably didn't need Magic Lure.

If I had Banishing Strike higher than R2, I would have. As it was, I didn't want Edgar to be doing weak-ass normal attacks. The Holy damage works like Lifesiphon for Pecil anyway, which is more important.

I probably didn't need Magic Lure, but I wasn't gonna take any chances with it going in. One take!

Your draws sound similar to mine, except screw Kuja (I'll probably do a cult of 3 on one of the banners to try to get some ff9 synergy, although with Eiko's SSB and Steiner's sword and 2 armors I'm not as badly prepared as I was).

Illy
What are you using to capture your screenshots, Craze? I'd like to be able to put em up here too.

I take the screenshot normally with my phone (on my android devices it's holding power + volume down) and then I send them to myself on facebook messenger. Then I can rehost it to imgur and/or puush it (puush.me).

And yeah, Hidon's mean.
Finally beat overpowered Hidon with no wall but basically every other mitigation in the store.