HOW DID YOUR FIRST GAME TURN OUT?

Pages: first prev 1234 last
...do Moon and Sabrina marry at the end?
author=zacheatscrackers

Well, no, but they do become best friends and go on a journey across the universe to hunt space dragons.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=blueperiod
author=zacheatscrackers
Well, no, but they do become best friends and go on a journey across the universe to hunt space dragons.
Dating is enough for me!
author=blueperiod
author=zacheatscrackers

*gasp*

Credit where it's dude, happy ending is a happy ending
My first game, made when I was a freshman in high school, was based off of some notes for a sidescrolling collect-a-thon similar to kirby 64 that I had drawn in 6th grade math class. The way it was interpreted into rpg maker 2003 though almost completely changed it, removing the main goal of finding all 100 something crystals throughout the levels and instead just made the goal getting through all the levels. While the first section had a pretty good sense of humor, the later parts seemed a lot more rushed and bland.

There was a point where I stopped caring about stealing from vgmusic (yes, I was guilty of this back then) due to my sound card not working so it was completely silent in some areas, and the battle stat balancing was a complete mess, not to mention all the weird switches I used everywhere that made it a nightmare to debug at times. At one point a couple months back I wanted to revamp the custom sprites and make the bonus area after the final boss, but then I decided it wouldn't really be worth it.

At least I managed to finish it and learn how to use the program with it, so that's something.
Pages: first prev 1234 last