RPG MAKER MV ANNOUNCED FOR PC AND MAC

SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I have gone through the video and taken pictures of what it shows us of the maker.

So, it would seem that the new section on the left is indeed the new tabs selection for the database.

I like the look of the new RTP. Even if it is mostly just a redrawing of the VX and Ace RTP. I like the more colorful and almost cartoony style of it.
author=LorSquirrel
So, it would seem that the new section on the left is indeed the new tabs selection for the database.

I like the look of the new RTP. Even if it is mostly just a redrawing of the VX and Ace RTP. I like the more colorful and almost cartoony style of it.

I would say the opposite. I hate how they changed it from XP to those dwarfish bigheads, and the map sprites are super square and not even trying to break the illusion that you are not moving in a grid. They seem to be sticking with the same this time, which is a real shame. Not that I ever use the RTP, but it's annoying to look at in other games.
I'm glad they did. Never liked the XP sprites.

So it's confirmed that you can change the grid setting with the scripting, which will be great!
unity
You're magical to me.
The XP sprites were my favorites! With 2k/2k3 as a close second.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
JavaScript support is really nice, if only because it's more popular than RGSS due to websites.

I didn't realize that MV ported to mobile as well, that's a strong move.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
As someone who has never used XP, I can confirm that XP sprites are the best. Oh well. Depending on how character sheets are formatted, I can probably stick with Loose Leaf and edits. And if people hate the sprites so much, this would be an excellent opportunity to learn how to make sprites! Same with tilesets.

JavaScript, huh? Interesting choice for a new language, though I can see why they ditched Ruby. Anyway, for anyone already familiar with programming, I found a quick comparison for some of the basic syntax of Javascript vs. Ruby. Maybe you'll get some use out of it. And like Liberty said, Code Academy is awesome. From what I've read on performance comparisons, Javascript is much faster than Ruby, though I doubt it'd make that much of a difference depending on how much custom scripts you add. Though perhaps this language switch means most games will run faster? One can only hope.

I like a lot of these new features. They'll certainly make developing a lot easier. Though it looks like you won't be able to select individual layers for mapping, which is a shame. I really wanted to try that out!

I wonder if it'll have a word wrapping feature? Or at least make preview boxes actually representative of the in game text?
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
*cries a single tear of joy*
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Red_Nova
Or at least make preview boxes actually representative of the in game text?

I've never desired to change the font because the preview-text is in the default font, but, uh, yeah.
The 816×624 resolution better not be locked. We might as well be stuck in 2005 still.
They flat out say that the res can go up to above 1080x720. Maybe read the announcement.
Sweet a scripting language I won't have to teach myself. ::thumbsup::
author=LorSquirrel
They flat out say that the res can go up to above 1080x720. Maybe read the announcement.

Resolution can be changed with a simple script, there's already a beta 1080p plugin in the works.
JavaScript is one hell of a move and will no doubt prove to be a popular one. I was concerned when I saw the mapping in the videos because I genuinely couldn't tell if it was 2k3/XP lower layer upper layer or VX Ace's "I'm going to guess what you're trying to do, get it completely wrong, then have the cheek to claim I'm intuitive!"

Hooray for mobile deployment though, that's huge!
Ugh, javascript. Even though it's a move that makes sense, I really dislike javascript. I barely tolerate ruby. This might be a dealbreaker for me, at least until it comes out and I can play around with the scripting.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Sam
I was concerned when I saw the mapping in the videos because I genuinely couldn't tell if it was 2k3/XP lower layer upper layer or VX Ace's "I'm going to guess what you're trying to do, get it completely wrong, then have the cheek to claim I'm intuitive!"

In the screenshots posted by kory, it looks like the mapping is divided into "map layer" and "event layer" in the same way Ace is, which doesn't give me much hope.
Gonna be more parallax mapping, then. I don't tink I've used a single tileset since RMXP. Well, as long as MV doesn't do the usual "two steps forward, one step back", I'll be content. Would be cool if they added more non-RPGish stuff to the events, too. Oh, and better control over pictures, that would be really neat.. And better control over sound, and pathfinding, and...
Please lord tell me there's still notetag space for almost every database object.
author=LorSquirrel

All it said was "high resolution" from the original post of this topic.

author=Rukiri
Resolution can be changed with a simple script, there's already a beta 1080p plugin in the works.

Great another work around. Even the resolution script in VX caused problems with camera scripts.
Seems to be the case when looking at the screenshots and trailer.