RPGMAKER MV COMMUNITY

Pages: first prev 12345 last
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Aegix_Drakan
- When you break the world record for the limbo dance (Ya know, "how low can you go?". GET IT?! :D)
Hahaha, I liked that. Also I gotta say you're a really chill guy.

Also @Everyone in the thread: Apologies about all the mess I've made, I know a sorry ain't gonna do much, which is why I'm glad that I've actually had a breakthrough recently.

@Sgtmettool: You were right! YOU WERE TOTALLY RIGHT AHAHAHAHA.

God I feel so much better. This isn't the place for it, but yeah I'm beginning to get my mental state into the bettering or something.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Take it elsewhere. Derailing threads just to talk about bullshit is annoying. Some of us actually want to talk about things that don't have to do with your 'Devil May Care' attitude. Go use the What are you thinking about now thread or start one.

You know this isn't the right place for it so why did you post it here? :/
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I find BM's posts to be a fine source of entertainment.

Really though, BM, you kind of need to get a life, especially since you seem to admire the negativite attention you receive.
Has anyone noticed how barebones the database is this time? VX Ace and before all had enough things in the database to make a practice game out of them, without having to do anything in the database. Right now, we only have 4 actors, 4 classes, 10 skills, 4 Weapons, 4 Armors, 4 Enemies and 4 Troops. The weapons and armor pieces are all identical and the enemies differ only by their amount of HP. Even the classes only differ by what skills they learn.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=LightningLord2
Has anyone noticed how barebones the database is this time?

Yes, apparently it's a design decision to make empty projects more quickly usable by not clogging it up with seemingly unnecessary database entries.

Either way, maybe take it as a challenge to create your own database entries. :)
unity
You're magical to me.
author=CashmereCat
author=LightningLord2
Has anyone noticed how barebones the database is this time?
Yes, apparently it's a design decision to make empty projects more quickly usable by not clogging it up with seemingly unnecessary database entries.

Either way, maybe take it as a challenge to create your own database entries. :)

I can see newbies disappointed, as it doesn't give you all the skills you need, nor does it serve as a helpful guideline to learning how to do your own skills.

As someone who knows all that, though, I do find it pretty cool that it's promoting doing your own thing with it. Not that clearing the database in Ace or any other version was all that big of a headache, tho :P
author=unity
Not that clearing the database in Ace or any other version was all the big of a headache, tho :P
I whole-heartedly disagree \>m</ *raises placards*

I even have a clean project with everything, spare tilesets and animations, cleared out. I overwrote Ace's main Data folder with my clean project's, so I always start with an empty project. I am lazy, I know...
How to clear a database tab in three steps
1. Set the maximum item number to 1
2. Delete Item #1
3. Set the maximum to an arbitrary high humber
BizarreMonkey
author=Liberty
Take it elsewhere.
I did. The reason I apologized here was because this thread is where I was the most obnoxious and i wanted to apologize for derailing it in the future first place... by derailing it further-- woops. :o
The look on my brother's face when he saw how few items there were in the database was funny, but he soon jumped in to create his own stuff.

It was nice of them to leave all the animations and status effects in, though. I =hate= making animations and examples for how to create status effects helps a lot. Kudos, EB!
author=Liberty
The look on my brother's face when he saw how few items there were in the database was funny, but he soon jumped in to create his own stuff.

This is why I'm in favor on the smaller database. It encourages people to use their own imagination instead of relying on the RTP to churn out a game as quickly as possible.
I actually don't mind a more full database - it gives good examples as to what you can create, especially for newbies. I remember when I first started out I used the defaults as a base and built over them as I went. It was only when I was more advanced that I straight-out created new stuff myself, but sometimes I'd still refer back to some of the default stuff to figure out how x or y was done, or to get an idea of balancing/costs/etc.

Perhaps it would be better as an option when you start a new game project in future engines.
I think it's crazy that for people they think MV Is out for a week when it's just 4 business days. It was released on a friday and they don't work on weekends :V
BizarreMonkey
I've already made a project with it, and am eager to do more.

I admit I found the lacking database a bit strange, but I quickly snapped into action and made a bunch of skills, weapons and such to try stuff out.

I'm a huge fan of the newer animations, I especially like the new holy ones with the spears.

Lasers are also fuckin' rad.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=alterego
author=zacheatscrackers
What the hell would sex with 2k3 sprites even look like, lmao

(The one that rmn let get away)

sluv was so good lol . rest in peace
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=LightningLord2
Has anyone noticed how barebones the database is this time? VX Ace and before all had enough things in the database to make a practice game out of them, without having to do anything in the database. Right now, we only have 4 actors, 4 classes, 10 skills, 4 Weapons, 4 Armors, 4 Enemies and 4 Troops. The weapons and armor pieces are all identical and the enemies differ only by their amount of HP. Even the classes only differ by what skills they learn.

I actually kind of appreciated this, but mainly that's cause I'm an oldbie who already knows how to do stuff and just want to get to an empty database quickly. For newbies...unity makes a good point.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Max McGee
author=LightningLord2
I actually kind of appreciated this, but mainly that's cause I'm an oldbie who already knows how to do stuff and just want to get to an empty database quickly. For newbies...unity makes a good point.

It's not only the database, the available resources that come with MV are relatively sparse this time around.

In addition, I'm starting to feel the irks about a lack of a built-in importer. While the "copy files into the game folder and MV updates it live" aspect is intuitive, it also means I have to do a lot of work (setting transparencies for images, for instance) outside of the maker, and it really feels like the workflow is brought to a snail's pace as a result.

Ultimately, SgtMettool described this perfectly: A great engine for experienced RPG Maker users, but nearly a step backwards for casual users.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
yeah the absence of an importer/exporter is pretty whack
Pages: first prev 12345 last