:THE GAME MAKING DRIVE/BLOG TOPIC

With the edit chain broken, it seems my muse went on vacation, hence no update for Monday. Maybe that's what I get for badmouthing Muse?
Finished:

-Mapping Void of the World (End dungeon)
-!Shadowstorm!

...and various battle animations, cutscenes and whatnot that goes along with the epic conclusion to Hero's Realm.

I just need to finish the battle events for Mephistocles, the End Credits (already planned out) and play testing. Expect a release date announcement soon.

http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/82/blog/764/#comment5116
Continuing on the finishing touches of Monopolo, also I have just figured out a new game idea which could be one of the two getting worked on starting March, Ooooo...what could it be fellas? Lemme tell you this, the last couple of days have made me think about this substance...so much that I have a game idea off it.
Did the Final Cutscene/Credits today. Just have to finish the special stuff for the Final Battle battle events, which won't take long. After that, some solid game testing, balancing and tweaking.

I'll probably announce a release date tomorrow.
author=kentona link=topic=2027.msg62620#msg62620 date=1235082238
Did the Final Cutscene/Credits today. Just have to finish the special stuff for the Final Battle battle events, which won't take long. After that, some solid game testing, balancing and tweaking.

I'll probably announce a release date tomorrow.
Awesome.
http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/934/

Updated blog, not yet done updating everything. But for now, chores!
Play Testing is done for Ch.1 and Ch.2. Just started Ch.3 today. So far, I've played about 4 to 5 hrs. At this rate, it'll take a total of 10hrs for Chapters 1 thru 4, and, given my ballpark estimate of Ch.5 being equal to Ch.1~4 in length, total game time will be between 18 and 20 hrs.

Dear lord.
Messing around with AGM... it's crap! Yes there's a plugin system, but seriously.. they left out the obvious.. scripting!

author=~Sasuke~ link=topic=2027.msg63965#msg63965 date=1235797733
Messing around with AGM... it's crap! Yes there's a plugin system, but seriously.. they left out the obvious.. scripting!

Well, that sucks.

This should've been expected by now. =)
The trial is very limited... maybe the full version will include scripting
author=VerifyedRasta link=topic=2027.msg64017#msg64017 date=1235836002
The trial is very limited... maybe the full version will include scripting

Since it doesn't appear to be a part of the interface, and they mention no exclusion of scripting in the trial press release, it's safe to say that it is not present and won't be present in the retail release.
I know... that's why I used Strikethrough ;)
But shit, that's a real step backwards. I really big step backwards.
author=Karsuman link=topic=2027.msg64014#msg64014 date=1235834339

This should've been expected by now. =)
Yeah, but we could have at least hoped, right? I haven't even tried it and I already know that it won't be worth $115 by a long shot.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
because you're not going to pirate it
Hey the topic died. Let's post in it! (screw you JCUP/LEX why you gotta be such a pain)

BALANCING! Increased chance of status effects landing. Rm2k3 and I have radically different ideas what 75% success rate means (although I'm probalby underestmiating the result of 0.75 * skill hit chance). Also fixed a self-buff that went away after a turn making it incredibly useless.

Stole Yoinked that neat chest mechanic from Hero's Realm. Much easier way of controlling what enemies drop instead of going "Well Enemy X drops x and Enemy Y drops y" which I really wasn't a fan of. Plus I can have pseudo-multiple drops! For now its just a bunch of items (two tiers of loot for each area) and using one loot opens them all. Its neat because you can actually get healing items if you're low on them from enemies. I probalby should do something similar with status recovery items but doing that in Rm2k3 would be like smashing my hand with a hammer and screw that. Besides the drop rates for them are low and they're dirt cheap anyways.

I... finished a god damn map. I actually haven't done this since, like, October. Now I just need to 1) Finally choose a chipset for the next area 2) Fix the chipset used in the following area 3) Plan out the maps for the last area. Well, I don't need to work with that forsaken chipset anymore. No idea why I chose it since everything looks horrible with it but I'm not going back and redoing those maps because fuck I need to hammer out some progress eventually.

Rebalanced the second boss. I forgot to tone down his attacks and he one shot my overpowered party. Whoops. Also changed the AI so he'll stop spamming status effects and actually attack (well, he'll attack the turn after a status effect once he's in his attack phase). I'll have to do this again when I get a proper party there.

Got a very devious idea for fake difficulty that already works (but it'll screw up a setting so I need to keep track of that ingame). Yessssssss
Hero's Realm is the model we should all emulate.

Also, I started and finished the character selection process for Generica, and added the game page!

Check 'er out: http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/1044/