ANTICIPATED (OR NOT) MOVIES OF 2016

It's the Batman VS Superman:Dawn of Justice.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Shinan
Did anyone actually grow up with those. I just grew up with the cartoons that barely had anything to do with the original comics.

Of course! My mother only knew the cartoons, so when I wanted the books, it never occurred to her to look inside. If she knew how violent they were, I think she might have changed her mind.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
To be honest, Piano, I didn't even know there were books.

hides
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Never read the comics (other than an adaptation of the movie); I just think the upcoming flick looks fun, which is really all I ask of my movies. If I'm having a good time, I don't care if everything else is shit.
pianotm
CashmereCat
To be honest, Piano, I didn't even know there were books.

hides

Mmm-hmm. They originally all had red masks. The original story is pretty similar to the sanitized version we got in the cartoon. The books contained heavy scenes of gruesome dismemberment as the turtles have no problems so-ever killing members of the Foot clan. In the cartoon, the Foot soldiers are made robots in order to sanitize the violence. April O'Neill was not a reporter. She was Baxter Stockman's lab assistant and she also ran an antique store. I thought it was interesting that even though O'Neill followed her cartoon version in the original movie, the antique store made it into the film, even if she only lived there and didn't actually run it; I took that as a clue that the writers were at least paying attention to the original source material. She meets the turtles trying to get away from Baxter's mouser robots. Kraangs weren't the only aliens in the books, either. The aliens responsible for the mutagens the turtles get exposed to are the Utroms. An interesting side note: in the second turtles movie, the one with Vanilla Ice, the scientist played by David Warner was supposed to reveal that he was actually an Utrom, but the scene got cut because it was too expensive to shoot.
have you been following the new TMNT cartoon?

I am because it is awesome and probably the best cartoon interpretation of the Turtles. And I loved the 1987 TMNT.

right now the Turtles are flying around the galaxy with Fugitoid to track down the pieces of the Kraang superweapon Blackhole Generator to prevent it from being used on Earth by the Triceratons to annihilate the Kraang infestation there. It was recently revealed that 'the Kraang' are actually a collection of hiveminded Ultroms whose wills are being controlled by Kraang, an Ultrom who used mutagen to make herself super large and powerful.

and they just released a super awesome cross-over episode:

All of the references are glorious.
pianotm
I haven't been. I've watched few episodes, but I spend so much time writing these days, I haven't really taken much time for TV.
Will the new pete's dragon go through the process of making animated movies because that was the neat part of the original.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Deltree
noooo

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-our-first-good-look-at-the-furry-dragon-of-petes-1771197051

nooooooooo

Actually if you look at it I think you will find that that dragon looks p. boss.
A younger me would be thrilled with an Apocalypse or Thanos movies since they're my second and third favorite Marvel villains. But I'm so tired of super hero movies at this point. They're a lot of fluff with not very much meat to them. (Although I guess you could say the same of most Hollywood movies.) For example, the Iron Man movies. I want to see Iron Man kicking ass, not goofing around. Nor do I want to see a close-up of Robert Downey Jr's ugly mug on the screen going blah blah blah most of the time. Can the guy even act well? I swear he just talks... Heh; Maybe it's just me. Maybe when they do an Onslaught movie I'll stop caring and go see it.

One movie I'm been waiting for forever is Jeepers Creepers 3. I'm not much into Slasher movies (everyone dies, big whoop). But the second-half + ending of Jeepers Creepers 2 was so badass that I've been waiting for the sequel ever since. Finally someone gears up and puts up a fight... However they keep pushing the movie back year after year. Hopefully not this time.

Also this one, But now I wonder if the trailer was even real or just a concept. =(

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=alterego
Also this one, But now I wonder if the trailer was even real or just a concept. =(

LOL. PLEASE be real. I'd actually willingly watch it, which is something I can't say for most Bollywood films
So Captain MURICA: Civil War was awesome! I enjoyed it mightily.

but don't watch it in 3D - the ghosting/crosstalk + shakycam makes some of the action scenes nigh unwatchable. I don't think I've seen a recent movie that had it this bad.
Alright so here's a trailer that is a hundred times worse than the Ghostbusters trailer.

Holy shit this looks bad. It looks unsalvageably bad. (At least Ghostbusters might still be good)
So the Angry Birds Movie was great. I was laughing and chuckling the whole time. And it was remarkably faithful to the source material! It's like... the people who made this movie actually, you know, played the game.

I know this is a low bar, but this is probably the best videogame movie adaptation ever.

The kids were really into it, too. Even the 3yo.
High Rise, I'm going to see it tonight.
author=alterego
They're a lot of fluff with not very much meat to them.(Although I guess you could say the same of most Hollywood movies.) For example, the Iron Man movies. I want to see Iron Man kicking ass, not goofing around. Nor do I want to see a close-up of Robert Downey Jr's ugly mug on the screen going blah blah blah most of the time.

The first half of this statement and the second half seem to be acting against each other. Uh...what exactly are you wanting to see, here?

author=Can the guy even act well? I swear he just talks...

Can Robert Downey Jr. act?

What?
Sooz
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=alterego
They're a lot of fluff with not very much meat to them.(Although I guess you could say the same of most Hollywood movies.) For example, the Iron Man movies. I want to see Iron Man kicking ass, not goofing around. Nor do I want to see a close-up of Robert Downey Jr's ugly mug on the screen going blah blah blah most of the time.
The first half of this statement and the second half seem to be acting against each other. Uh...what exactly are you wanting to see, here?

My guess is, by "meat" he means "cool action scenes" and "fluff" is "character development."
That was an honest question. I don't know the guy. He may be the best actor in the world, but if that is the case, the character of Tony Stark/Iron Man may not be the best place to showcase that. Specially when half of the time Iron Man is CGI... Also, yes, "meat" would be "cool action scenes". Not in every genre maybe, but I'd say it is in ACTION movies. And for example, is moping around on some kid's couch really "character development"? I mean, it's not bad, I guess, but nothing to write back home either.