NHL 2016 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS / POOL PREDICTION THREAD

Pages: first prev 123456 last
Good to see Nashville isn't one to be outshined by Dallas!

me before this crazy thing started
I'm sad the Blues and Sharks can't face each other until the conference finals, I wanted to roll them together and throw that entire round away as No Winner because I don't believe either team could actually win against the other.

I think I'll cheer for whoever emerges from the western finals for the cup (if I haven't been hockey'd out by then)!
Pool Update:

The San Jose Sharks have just advanced to their 4th Western Conference Finals in their short franchise history as they take care of those pesky Nashville Predators in a lackluster Game 7 which felt eeringly similar to yet another game last night on T.V., as they now will play the St. Louis Blues in a battle of playoff underachievers to see who plays for the Stanley Cup this year.

In the final handout of any points this season, kentona collects the last ones, as he receives 2 points for predicting that the Sharks would win and also receives another 2 bonus points for predicting that they would win in 7 games, making him only the second player here to get to the twenty point plateau along with GreatRedSpirit.

- The bracket and the full standings have now been updated!

The Predators are finally gone now. The galaxy is at last as peace.

But poor Pekka Rinne, though. His team let him out to dry in this game, big time.

EDIT: I guess I’ll cheer for Pittsburgh because their goalie has the same last name as me? I dunno… I guess I wouldn’t mind the Sharks winning it, though, as I’ve never really been a big fan of the Blues at all. They’re, like, worse than the Canucks when it comes to playoffs, if that’s even possible.

But still, at least it’s gonna be somebody new winning the cup this year or one that hasn’t won one in a long time, which is a good thing. I don’t really like the same teams winning it all the time, it gets boring.
My ruminations:

- I never expected Tampa to make it this far without their #2 defenseman and #1 forward.
- I can't believe I rolled with the Capitals. Again. Will I never learn?
- I should have given the Predators more credit, but I still believed that the Ducks were legit Cup contenders. I would have to say that their exit is the most disappointing of the playoffs.
- I was hoping for a Dallas and Capitals final, because I want HIGH FLYING HIGH SCORING teams to become the norm, and everybody tries to mimic the cup winner. It would have been good for the league. Having the Pens and Sharks in the final will be almost as good, though.
- I hope that the Sharks win it all. I love their team logo and colours, ever since I was a 10 year old boy (when they started). Sharks? So cool!
Lol, I can’t believe Pittsburgh almost came back from 4-0 down last game to almost tie the game up. *sigh* Oh well, can’t win ‘em all, I guess...

And I would be more invested in the Blues and Sharks series if Bob Cole wasn’t doing the commentating for it on CBC. He just pronounces things WAY too slowly and half the time I’m hearing him talk I feel like falling asleep – which I actually did once during one of the games, lol – but, to be fair, I was a bit tired after work, so I guess I can’t really blame him that much for that...but still - where's Paul Romanuk!?

author=kentona
I can't believe I rolled with the Capitals. Again. Will I never learn?

*sigh* That’s what we get for all believing in faith. Next time, I don’t want anything to do with those bums from Washington ever again!

(…And then watch them win that year when none of us pick ‘em, lol.)
Well, those guys from San Jose finally did it. They’re in the Stanley Cup Finals now…a first after 25 years…

And, hey, even the Canucks were in on some of the action tonight as they picked up Erik Gudbranson from the Florida Panthers, making this day even sweeter.

Congratulations, San Jose Sharks. At long last your name’s finally on the Clarence Campbell Trophy. :P
One more win and the Penguins will have their 4th cup! Bring it home, boys!
author=Shinan
NHL is still going?

yes christ

goes on way too long. but owners like money so...
here's the latest:

author=GreatRedSpirit
Go Sharks go!

is not working out

(3-1 for the Penguins and with the way the game is looking it won't take much for the Pens to finish it. Next game is Thursday)
author=sbester
One more win and the Penguins will have their 4th cup! Bring it home, boys!

(And all I want is just one… *mopes*)

Yeah...with the way that things are going right now, Pittsburgh will probably hoist the cup on Thursday night, much to the chagrin of Sharks fans.

Despite all of the scores of the games being pretty close, it really has been mainly a one-sided affair in Pittsburgh’s favor, especially in regards to shots. I mean, what the hell has happened to the Sharks top line!? They’ve basically all reverted back to the Sharks of old! I thought they were better than this by now.

But, still, San Jose should be a bit proud of themselves that they even made this far. I mean, seriously, the buck should have stopped for them a long time ago with these guys.
now, since we are all predicting things to go Pittsburgh's way, watch as the Sharks dominate the next two games to force a game 7.
What the Sharks need is Murray to slip and hurts himself like Bishop to give them a chance. Otherwise he's gonna buttbounce the Sharks right out of the game.
That may be the best gif I've ever seen.
author=GreatRedSpirit
What the Sharks need is Murray to slip and hurts himself like Bishop to give them a chance.

...It’s probably gonna take a lot more than Murray getting hurt in order for the Sharks to have a chance. I mean, they still have Marc-Andre Fleury sitting there on the bench just in case.

Maybe if Kessel, Bonino, Crosby and Letang all suffer congenital heart defects moments before stepping on ice, they MIGHT maybe have a chance to win, lol.

author=kentona
now, since we are all predicting things to go Pittsburgh's way, watch as the Sharks dominate the next two games to force a game 7.

Nah, these are the San Jose Sharks we’re talking about. Miracles and them don’t usually mix well together. It's like the Leafs and winning.
Fleury being in goal is exactly what might give the Sharks a chance!
(Personally I never cared for him. He did play good in the one game he was in except he had the continuous misfortune of making the right general play except in the circumstances he was in, like deflecting a puck to the side and behind the net except it landed right on the wrong team's stick and they got a goal out of it)

e: Watching the game now and yeah, I'm a total idiot. Murray isn't winning the game, the Sharks take so long getting a shot on net a clock appears! Pens are just a class above the Sharks and it's Jones that's keeping it close.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Meant to report the spambot...
Pages: first prev 123456 last