[GAME OVER] SPY VS. MAFIA

@Liberty I'm sorry, really, I wasn't aware there's an unwritten rule about this -- I was just trying to be useful :/

@Isrieri I buy your reasoning, mostly, but YM did point out to analyze the post from Orange, and the content had suspecting LockeZ immediately because of its complexity alone, spelling quirks aside... would seem risky for mafia but who knows

I think we could have luck looking back through LockeZ's posts and figure out who he tried to incriminate and protect. I doubt he'd be looking to misdirect people this early. That exonerates oddRabbit and Ratty, for instance. Very early on he also argued that YM, Liberty, Gourd, Kloe, and Ratty should all be kept alive early so if LockeZ had already figured out who his fellow mafia was, it's probably one of them.

I'm also convinced Liberty is innocent though -- She was the first to vote against LockeZ after I posted, but I think she has the skill to to have gotten my stuff thrown out or me modkilled for metagaming, but voted against LockeZ even if went against her sense of fairness.

Has TangledLion been around a while? Like would he have been able to immediately identify Kloe if she were Green?
author=Kloe
Well, my auto correct on my pc does "each-other" so maybe the culprit simply used autocorrect? I hope not but sadly that may be true.

Please Hammer Time whoever it is that is left!

^^ because I don't know what to make of this, considering she never did vote against LockeZ. When you're around would be interested to hear your reasoning Kloe.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Isrieri are you trying to frame me as a misogynist or something?

And do you seriousky think I would suddenly bring to light something that would narrow the pool of suspects to one of my fellow Mafia on day one?

And no, I would not have been a sitting duck, because I've hardly been the only person to find Ratty suspicious. Hell, I even wrote "I'm glad for once I'm not the only one who finds someone suspicious" when I put forward my reasoning for Ratty.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Well... I guess if TL did it and it might help (everyone knows I'm an agent anyway), here is the piece of the chat log TL left before he died:

Mr. Orange:Yeah, Ratty needs to die.

Ratty's clearly not actually mafia. He voted to lynch TangledLion, the one person in this chat room whose identity was extremely obvious (because you capitalize random words, you snurdburglar). If Ratty were mafia, he wouldn't have known which person in scum chat was the double agent - he wouldn't have voted against TangledLion like that. But if he was the double agent, he would know that everyone else in scum chat was mafia, so voting for any of us would make sense.

But then TangledLion also admitted to being the double agent. So I assume that they're both against us.
05-07-2016 05:56 PM ET (US)

Agent-Tom:Welp, Looks like ratty handed you the win, GG
05-07-2016 05:58 PM ET (US)

Mr. Orange:And now there are agents in here!
05-07-2016 06:05 PM ET (US)

Mr. Green:Well then, Agent Tom, hats off to you. And who shall we kill tonight, Mr Orange?

@piano, if we find someone is an agent can we ignore their input on kills? It's quite likely that they will not allow us to kill their partner, after all, and will likely try to cause a blockage. As a matter of fact, they may try to stop us from killing anyone at all. Is that a possibility?
05-07-2016 06:07 PM ET (US)

pianotm:It was a possibility but it's limited now; it was a problem I caught while waiting for the beginning of day phase. Your game is not unwinnable.
05-07-2016 06:22 PM ET (US)

Mr. Orange: Radio silence until night phase.
05-07-2016 06:26 PM ET (US)

pianotm:I am counting your vote, Double Agent. You never had a specific kill ability. Your vote here was majority rules and I don't think mafia will be voting with you anymore. I was referring to something different.
05-07-2016 06:48 PM ET (US)

Mr. Green:I shall honor my fallen comrade and speak no more in this room until the pestilence that is the rat be removed. I do abhor rodents so.

Do my votes now mean nothing? Perhaps it would be best that I not vote at all and allow my fellow scum to choose a name, hm? Who will you kill, Mister Black. Or should I call you Tom?
05-07-2016 08:50 PM ET (US)

Agent-Tom:So, Who do you want dead you "snurdburglar" As Dear Departed LockeZ would Say, Hmmm ;)
05-07-2016 08:51 PM ET (US)

Mr. Green:You, preferably, Mister Lion. Or your little Rat friend.
05-07-2016 08:52 PM ET (US)

Agent-Tom:Well, I Would Never Vote For Myself... Or Him
05-07-2016 08:53 PM ET (US)

pianotm:I do not allow stalemates. Dice rolls decide all.
05-07-2016 08:54 PM ET (US)

Mr. Green:The Rabbit. #kill oddRABBIT
05-07-2016 08:55 PM ET (US)

pianotm:Mr. Black, you are in an interesting position. You could vote, and know there's a 50 percent chance of whoever you vote for getting lynched. You also know that if you vote for mafia, your vote will miss and hit someone else. This must be an interesting conundrum for you.
No matter what you do, town will die this night.
05-07-2016 08:56 PM ET (US)

Mr. Green:Wait. #cancel Your roll is random, meaning that it may also hit agents? If that proves to be true then I shall vote for any that the turncoat does not. A stalemate with a random chance of destroying a foe is a better option for me
05-07-2016 08:57 PM ET (US)

Agent Tom:After some Deliberation I Vote #kill Joyless

I will Find you, you sick Monster!

Know this, I have Given the other agents a MASTER Chat Log, WITH TIMESTAMPS! You Can't Win!
05-07-2016 09:17 PM ET (US)

Based on this info:
- The nightkill on Joyless was probably TL's doing (which I think he can do due to being part-mafia)
- There was definitive intention on the mafia's part to kill off Tangled or me, but we all know the outcome.
- TL is kind of nutty.
- "Mr. Green" hates rodents.
- ... Yeah none of this clearly points out who "Mr.Green" is. Though who was pushing for oddRabbit to be lynched other than LockeZ in this thread?
Yellow Magic
With regards to Liberty voting against LockeZ fairly early: it's hard to argue in the face of irrefutable evidence.
It's fine - a bit late to be putting the sauce back in the container and all that. Just... it's very unfair for a lot of reasons, not only due to people cultivating a difference between who they are in a mafia thread and who they are outside of it, but also because it's really immersion/fun breaking.

It's like, a lot of things get said in a mafia thread - calling people scum and throwing shade on each other, being mean, that kind of thing and it's generally accepted that this kind of behaviour wouldn't be accepted outside of a mafia or RP thread because it's not who we are outside of the game, so breaking that barrier between the game and outside the game is just... it's unfair because we prepare ourselves for interactions of that kind inside the threads - to have our every word in the game inspected. Bringing in the outside area to that and comparing between our non-playing selves and playing-selves is not fair since outside of the thread we can't prepare or account for people looking into that.

Just please don't do it again in the future unless it's part of the game to do so. ^.^;
That post was at psy, btw.
Oh, great Ratty! Now we just need to match up post types!
I think this might be solvable by not allowing the copying of /any/ private chat messages, similar to how we can't quote PMs from our moderator. It opens up the spelling quirks can of worms plus it can be very easy to identify a voice.

Like, even without metagaming and just reading posts in this thread, that Green chatlog reeks of Kloe. I guess it could be someone else and I could look more tomorrow but uhhh that really jumps out at me. Plus her multiple posts defending LockeZ even after damning evidence, not voting against him, LockeZ sticking up for her in the beginning... Would be interested in the opinions of others who are more familiar.

Thanks for your sacrifice Ratty, you'll probably be RIP tomorrow but maybe we can win before then haha.
Ratty524
I don't know, at least with the chatlog, it's a lot more ambiguous by comparison, so there is room to guess.

Post style actually might not be a good thing to go by in this regard, because post style can change between the chat and thread. Especially when mafia didn't know each other in the beginning, I don't think they would hint at who they are so easily by using the same manner of speech. Even Tangled attempted it, though he kind of failed.

Still, I don't know anyone else who would attempt to kill off oddRabbit other than LockeZ or TungermanU, and one of them is gone.

Tungerman, do you have any defense against this?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
The game is already going, but the next one I host, I will definitely have a rule about using posts from outside the mafia. I totes didn't see that coming, because honestly, who would expect it? Or if it's alright with everyone, can we agree not to do that from this point on?

I mean, I have no problem with anyone posting from the mafia chat logs: it's theirs after all, but let's try to keep everything in game.
Ratty524
Sniped.

I see...
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
What the fu-

Guys. Guys did you not read all that shit back there? Its Yellow Magi-ITS YELLOW FRICKIN' MAGIC.

That's him in the chat there. He's doing a bit. He's behind all of it. It all makes so much sense!

Kloe!? What do you mean Kloe??!

author=Kloe
Tung, not accusing you of anything but I want you to try to be honest with us, did you be a vigillante and kill Joyless last night?

Why would she ask that? If she was mafia she could see the chat! She would know exactly why Joyless died.
author=Isrieri
What the fu-

Guys. Guys did you not read all that shit back there? Its Yellow Magi-ITS YELLOW FRICKIN' MAGIC.

That's him in the chat there. He's doing a bit. He's behind all of it. It all makes so much sense!

Kloe!? What do you mean Kloe??!

author=Kloe
Tung, not accusing you of anything but I want you to try to be honest with us, did you be a vigillante and kill Joyless last night?

Why would she ask that? If she was mafia she could see the chat! She would know exactly why Joyless died.

Hahahaha so maybe YellowMagic figured out that he could be identified by voice in the mafia chat, so he intentionally chooses a different writing style to incriminate someone else, then suggests that we analyze writing style, knowing we'll eventually find who he's imitating? Then it backfires horribly when we actually guess the other mafia correctly? If this is what really happened then that's just perfect haha.
Isrieri
Okay repeat after me.

TangledLion was a double agent.

The scumchat was compromised.

Mr. Green is the only mafia left.

Nothing in the chat after LockeZ died can be taken at face value.
Ratty524
author=psy_wombats
Thanks for your sacrifice Ratty, you'll probably be RIP tomorrow but maybe we can win before then haha.

The whole thing is hilarious when I think of it. xD

But yeah that's why I'm stressing that we make our votes really count here. We could auto-win against mafia if we make a good lynch, otherwise, my other agent would have to pick up the slack as I wouldn't be in the game anymore.

... Not that it matters much at this point. Even before piano's post right now, that was the last thing double-agent Tangled left before his nightkill, so now we are as in-the-dark as everyone else.
Isrieri
I mean shit, who else could Mr. Green possibly be? I can only think of NeverSilent. He's the only one, because he didn't post SHIT after TL confessed.

It ain't TungerMan either, Ratty. Because he refused to believe my bullshit with Liberty.
Isrieri
In fact, no! Its not even NeverSilent!

author=NeverSilent
I see what you're saying, and believe me, I didn't initially suspect Ratty because of that weird first action. That just seemed like an attempt to provoke a reaction from others, which I'm fine with. What made me supicious were his later actions, where he essentially went back to the status quo by canceling his vote and posting on behalf of town. This way, Ratty managed to attract a lot of attention and create an image of himself to the point of "a mafia would never do that," putting himself beyond suspicion without ever getting into danger or committing to anything himself. It just seems manipulative to me.

I am however aware that this theory is built on very shaky ground. And yes, I do feel a little bad for trying to get Ratty killed off right at the beginning of a game yet again. But I can't just sit around and do nothing. And right now, this is the least bad idea I have. So I'm going to stick with my vote unless someone manages to give me a convincing argument as to why we shouldn't lynch Ratty.

Mafia doesn't make theories built on shaky ground! They don't admit its the least bad idea they have!
Yellow Magic
You guys give me wayyy too much credit lmao.

But for what it's worth again it makes no sense. Note when I suggested analysing the posting styles... If I really wanted to incriminate someone by pretending to be them, I would have (1) suggested my idea much earlier than I did, and (2) put forward a name for the person I incriminated.

I did none of those things.

I don't want to analyse posting styles now, unless we can get a confirmation from Ratty that Green Mafoas posting styles have stayed the same - Ratty, do you have any other samples from the Green Mafia?