[GAME OVER] SPY VS. MAFIA

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
You know what then? #cancel

If you were scum you would have absolutely no reason to use protection powers towards me, let alone acknowledge the role. I mean, it also feels as out-of-the-blue as my fallout post during Day 1 that I'm pretty much convinced that you are town now.

So then, where does that leave everyone else? On the subject of posting styles, who else besides Liberty, Kloe, and YM speak British English?
Ratty524
author=Yellow Magic
Liberty, what's the name of your role?

author=Liberty
- Fine, whatever, I'm a protector.
Protector. I'm pretty sure it's a custom role - a cross between a doctor and a body-guard, I guess.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Right....I can certainly see that as a valid roleclaim insofar as the protection part. On the other hand, I hope I'll be forgiven for thinking it weird that a townie's immune to day lynches. Also, what real advantage does Ratty have as an agent now that he needs constant defending? I still need to think about it - it's probs item related.

I'll think about it tomorrow morning and will probably retract my vote - until then my vote's gonna stay.
Well, I mean, if it were an agent that would be pretty lopsided since mafia need to kill them to win, but a townie wouldn't really matter that much since we're not part of the winning condition in this game. I figured piano meant for me to die in the line of duty during night phases and to do that I shouldn't be able to be hung. I just know what my PM tells me, so... :shrug:

I'll gladly protect who town thinks needs protecting most - at best it'll buy us a night since I don't see myself living past tonight. Mafia'd be crazy to pass up getting rid of me, but if it means we have our agents around a bit longer I'm all for it!
Yellow Magic
Woah hang on - just lying in bed and thinking of something.

For scum to win, all agents must die. If Liberty were able to continuously protect a single agent with only the risk of being nightkilled (and not even lynchable!!) isn't that a bit broken for Town? Like, super broken?
Yellow Magic
Okay, off to bed for real now...
Ratty524
author=Yellow Magic
Right....I can certainly see that as a valid roleclaim insofar as the protection part. On the other hand, I hope I'll be forgiven for thinking it weird that a townie's immune to day lynches. Also, what real advantage does Ratty have as an agent now that he needs constant defending? I still need to think about it - it's probs item related.

I'll think about it tomorrow morning and will probably retract my vote - until then my vote's gonna stay.

That is weird, but this bit of her post codifies her town alignment for me:

author=Liberty
I protected Ratty last night and will do so again this night. I figured that mafia would want to kill him off as fast as possible since TL might be turned against town and be providing information to mafia as well.

I definitely know, on my end, that I was protected last night, but I couldn't piece together who did it. Also keep in mind that this night action was done before I posted my last bit of information that TL gave to us, so I don't think I wasn't that useless then. :P

Liberty, I'm thankful, but damn you also put yourself at a new risk altogether by role-claiming. If Mafia isn't dumb, they'd nightkill you instead of me to prevent the blocks from occurring.
With 14 people to start with, I don't think so. I mean, I doubt piano expected the agents to be outed so quickly so I was probably supposed to either die early from being killed by accident or last til the end game with two mafia still possibly in play - since my power is that I must pick someone to protect it was likely for me to be killed off in place of someone else. It's not an optional ability.

But if you want to make sure you can try to lynch me today. It won't stick, though, and you'll be wasting a valuable day for flushing out mafia and slimming down the possible suspects.
Well, I mean, if I didn't out myself then I probably would have died tonight anyway since mafia would be gunning for you again, if they had any brains, so no big loss that way. I'm just ensuring that we don't waste a day lynch on me when we could be actually hunting for mafia.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Oh, I get it. So as a protector, you die instead of the person you protected when they get nightkilled, correct, Liberty? So that means, unless something unexpected happens again, that mafia can get to lynch Ratty only the night after the upcoming one. That at least invalidates Yellow Magic's complaints about the role being overpowered, although that doesn't give us any new info.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to lynch Liberty today any more. If she dies tonight, we will know the truth, and if she doesn't, we should have enough time to figure out why.

OddRABBIT and Gourd_Clae will have to say somthing sooner rather than later.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I will talk (Though I'm not much help), though scheduling is a problem, as I have school, and events (One of which already occurred), the next one being on Wednesday, then Thursday, then Saturday and Sunday. Therefore, I've been unable to talk, and, while a lot has happened, I don't really have anything to say, as, once again, I'm not much help.
Just going to point out that being a doctor or some variant is super convenient as a fake claim for mafia because all they have to do is not kill the one they're "protecting".

It'd also be convenient for Liberty in particular because if she can keep playing under the protection of being a doctor she can look for the last agent without much reproach.
Sorry about not being here, I was watching Captain America: Civil War. XD
That said, there's PLENTY of time to figure out if Liberty is on so we probably should not lynch her.
author=Yellow Magic
Woah hang on - just lying in bed and thinking of something.

For scum to win, all agents must die. If Liberty were able to continuously protect a single agent with only the risk of being nightkilled (and not even lynchable!!) isn't that a bit broken for Town? Like, super broken?

Btw, the agents are pretty much our lives in this game so we need to protect them! Ratty's life is his use.
Hahaha /Liberty/ almost got hammered? She's totally above suspicion. I even thought she was an agent but didn't point it out (agents need to be safe). She was wink/nudging someone about her identity (with the bolding/keywords) well after Orange's identity was revealed. Who was she signaling? She'd be the only mafia left at that point and it'd make zero sense for her. Unfortunately it looks like she might be gone tomorrow -- let's try and get Green right today.

author=Liberty
Mr Green uses Americanised spelling and Kloe lives in England. There's no way she'd drop the 'u' from honour! Thus, I'm sure it's not her. I mean, yeah, Green could have done that deliberately to throw off the scent but I dunno, changing your native spelling of words? It definitely doesn't feel like a Kloe thing to do.

You're right, my apologies Kloe. She wouldn't attempt to disguise something so subtle as the u without disguising the muuuch more obvious things. Plus there are zero exclamation points in that text which is pretty telling haha. We can also rule out YM by the same logic, right?

Anyway, here's why I thought Green sounded like Kloe: lots of questions, shorter and sometimes inverted sentence structure, and using 'shall.' I'm abiding by the no-external-searching rule this go around, but within this thread, the only people using 'shall' are Kloe (twice) and NeverSilent (once)... The sentence structure looks a little weird for NeverSilent at the beginning though, but I could *kind* of see it at the end. Maybe we can guess that Green is disguising their voice to frame Kloe or just being weird in general. The only other quirk I noticed was that Green capitalized 'rabbit' and 'rat' which would be a thing in German but I don't think NeverSilent would make a mistake like that. Who knows. Will think more later.
I agree that Liberty is not super suspicious. I think it's good to keep in mind she's not definitely good, but I've not seen much reason to think she's scummy.