STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Chloe Pew Pew: There are no other ships to service at the Malir space port, so you decide to go unwind a bit. Good news! Today's payday! So you receive your regular weekly wage of 3500 credits plus an additional 1000 credits for a bit of side work. You can explore the city or go one of the previously listed locations.

Tavern (Drinks and message/job board)
Entertainment complex (games, videos, and things best left unsaid)
Starship's Unlimited (ship purchases and upgrades)
Warehouse District (Sell and purchase cargo)
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
"Phew, It's been a long week, I need to go relax."
I head to the Entertainment complex
pianotm
Chloe Pew Pew: In the middle of the entertainment complex is a roped ring with a pair of mutates being forced to fight. The first looks human, but he has no nose (How does he smell? Awful! Sorry...couldn't resist), entirely black eyes, and bone spikes coming from his joints. The other is reptilian, scaled, and even has a tail. The fight is to the death, and patrons are betting on the outcome. There are game machines around the perimeter, some even far enough away that you can't hear or see the mortal combat taking place. There are other mutates around the center with a much less monstrous, and far more exotic look; beautiful, like Katya. These are "employees" (read "slaves": mutates simply don't have the rights that regular humans do in the UAS) of the Malir municipality, and it's obvious what kind of entertainment they have to offer.

The game machines play all the same things you can play for free on your computer terminal at your flat, except that simulator off to the side. Anything you want, in any setting: combat, sports, exploration, all without the danger that comes with them, as real as the real thing. People can get lost in those simulators, until they want to do nothing else. Anything illegal you ever wanted to do? Something you'd never do in real life? That's the attraction of the simulator.

Here, the zombie-like populace seems slightly more alive.

There's nothing here required to continue the game, but there's plenty you might be able to do.

Examine the game machines?
Examine the simulator?
Get a closer look at the fight?
Talk to people?
Kloe
Haha, great joke xD

I talk to people, I figure the game machines can wait for a bit.

"So, anything interesting happen recently? 10 credits for anyone who can peak my interest."
pianotm
Man sitting in corner: "Hear the latest at the maintenance bays at the space port?"
Mutate female: "I cost an awful lot more than 10 creds."
Man betting on the fight: "I hear that pirates plan on hitting the port, tonight."
Woman betting on the fight: "I heard there was a massacre on Deimos!"
Man playing a game: "Word on the street is that someone in the UAS government is behind all the Wah'ri attacks."
Kloe
Hmmm... I think for a second, while Conspiricys seem unlikely to be useful, that Pirate attack sounds cool. But I think the Maintenance Bays sounds most interesting.

I head over to the Man sitting in the corner. (I hope his name isn't Baby, nobody puts baby in the corner :P)
"So you mentioned the Maintenance Bays? Tell me about it."
pianotm
Chloe: He gives you a shrewd look. "Army brought in a bunch of tech to the maintenance bays the other day. A lot of junk from Centauri Corporation. They're planning some kind of big operation to do with the all the Wah'ri attacks we've been having. I bet they're getting ready to bring in a bunch of troops: a flotilla or something." He seems a bit drunk, so it may be best not to mention that it would be the navy, not the army, sending a flotilla into Star Fall.
Kloe
Okay that doesn't seem too reliable... If I'm going on fun but reliable, I guess I'll head to the Man betting on the fight next, for some Pirate Glory!
I head over to the ring, and start talking to the man.
"Need some more betting money? Tell me about these Pirates."
pianotm
Chloe: He speaks quickly, getting louder as he talks. "I hear the SkullGirls Brigade want revenge for that massacre on Deimos and are going to steal the ships in the space port and kill everyone there!" He sounds really enthusiastic about it.
Kloe
Okay, that sounds as reliable as a dog barking up a space tree from Nexy 9... I've had enough of rubbish stories.
I decide to just start watching the fight.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Oh, uh, I guess we should be doing something too! Since I volunteered myself earlier, I suppose I should crack down on that research on what the kind of planet Palius is, and what kind of money-making scheme can be had there.

Though, there was a note about the atmosphere earlier, and how cities are doomed there. So, there might not even be any facilities for us to use.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
(Welcome to the game, Kloe!)

Alright, then I will head to Starship Unlimited together with Rylah - and whoever else happens to want to tag along - and go restock on equipment.

For the sake of convenience, here's the link to pianotm's post listing all the articles and prices.

I know I've used up some of my missiles, so I'm going to need new ones. Which types can my spacecraft even use?
Also, I guess we'll need provisions and fuel for our journey. If possible, I'd also like to buy a handgun for emergency situations, although I'm not sure if that's possible without raising suspicion.

By the way, I only have 200 Credits myself. But Katya said we would receive 5000 in advance as payment for the mission. So are we splitting this up, and if so, how? Or is that just the pool of money we'll be using to pay our common expenses now?

P.S.:
author=Marrend
Though, there was a note about the atmosphere earlier, and how cities are doomed there. So, there might not even be any facilities for us to use.

You might have misunderstood something there, or it's just a typo. The cities on Pailius are domed, not doomed.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
DOOOOOOOOM
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=NeverSilent
You might have misunderstood something there, or it's just a typo. The cities on Pailius are domed, not doomed.

WELP.
Kloe
The Doomed Domes of Doom
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
My reconaissance mission complete, I return to the bar with a painstakingly drawn map of the shipyard.

Meanwhile...in the Doom Domes of Doom.

author=LockeZ
My reconaissance mission complete, I return to the bar with a painstakingly drawn map of the shipyard.

haha xD It is so beautiful!
pianotm
Yeah, it looks like his handwriting is about as good as mine.

Chloe: Neither fighter seems to have the upper hand, but both are bleeding quite a bit.

Would you like to bet on one of them to win? The noseless man is listed on the board as Malir Masher, and the reptilian is listed as The Python.

And I'll go ahead repost the store here:

Helium and Rylah:

Starships Unlimited:

Lintis: This store seems to have a few more items in stock, including a high grade military starship.

Parts and Components:

Laser (main) Weapons:
Crystal Laser 250 cr.
Gatling Laser 400 cr.
Quartz Laser 1000 cr.
Garnet Laser 2000 cr.
Cobalt Laser 3000 cr.
Sapphire Laser 3500 cr.

Missiles and Torpedoes (secondary weapons):

Flares 25 cr.
Proximity Mines 50 cr.
Needle Missiles 50 cr.
Breaker Missiles 75 cr.
Frag Mines 100 cr.
Stinger Missiles 100 cr.
Paladin Missiles 200 cr.
EMP Mines 250 cr.
Titan Missiles 500 cr.

Shields:

Basic Shields 300 cr.
Ion Shields 600 cr.
Wave Shields 1000 cr.
Particle Shields 2000 cr.
Meta Shields 2500 cr.
Particle Shields 3000 cr.

Armor:

Standard Armor 300 cr.
Fiber Armor 600 cr.
Micro Armor 1000 cr.
Plate Armor 2000 cr.
Filament Armor 2500 cr.

Engines:

A21 Physics 750 cr.
JR1 Roberts 800 cr.
LDK118 Centauri 800 cr.
9A11 Conrad 2000 cr.
F211 Conrad Industries 2500 cr.
A44 Physics 3000 cr.
J19 Paladin 4000 cr.
FL221 Conrad Ind. 4500 cr.
XJR21 Sterns 6000 cr.

Upgrade Components:

Speed Booster (3 uses between refueling: doubles speed for 5 turns) 1500 cr.
Sensors (can detect enemy capabilities) 2000 cr.
Scan Blocker (Hides cargo. If caught using this, bounty hunters and UAS Ships will attack.) 5000 cr.
Power Booster (Increases laser power by 2 for five turns. Repair will be required.) 2500 cr.
Shield Guard (prevents shields from being damaged upon depletion). 1500 cr.
Engine Guard (Prevents Engine from being damaged in combat). 1500 cr.

Physics L14 Arrow:

Weight:
Shield: Standard Shields
Armor: Standard Armor
Weapon: Crystal Laser
Engine: A21 Physics Engine (speed is 6)
Cargo Space: 60
Missile capacity: 4
Upgrade slots: 4
Seats: 1

Basic starter craft for the game. Fast and agile, it can handle the ordinary pirates and Wah'ri you'll meet. It comes with Physics' smallest engine and the basic equipment.

2500 Credits

Roberts Y-80 Corsair:

Weight:
Shield: Ion Shields
Armor: Fiber Armor
Engine: JR1 Roberts (speed is 6)
Cargo Space: 60

Basic starter craft for the game. A little better than the Physics Arrow, but the Arrow can be upgraded to a larger engine and better weapons than the Corsair is capable of equipping.

2750 Credits

Centauri Marauder

Weight:
Weapon: Gatling Laser
Engine: LDK118 Centauri Engine (speed is 6)
Cargo Space: 80

Starter craft used by Helium.

2800 cr.

Conrad H108 Viper:

Weight:
Engine: 9A11 Conrad (speed is 5)
Cargo Space: 80
Upgrade slots: 6
Seats: 2

Basic starter craft for the game. Heavier and slower than the Corsair or the Arrow. It has better cargo capacity and more upgrade slots. Can be operated solo or with a co-pilot. Will not maneuver as quickly as the Corsair or the Arrow.

3000 Credits

More advanced ships:

Roberts X81 Mustang:

Weight:
Weapon: J19 Paladin (speed is 7)
Engine: Gatling Laser
Cargo Space: 140
Missile capacity: 6
Upgrade slots: 6

A racing vehicle. Can upgrade to a relatively moderate output engine. Not really favored by career merchants due to it's moderate cargo capacity. This is better for bounty hunting...or activities of a less legal bent.

7500 Credits

Physics 181 Berserker:

Weight:
Armor: Micro Armor
Engine: A68 Physics (speed is 6)
Weapons: Quartz Laser
Cargo Space: 180
Missile Capacity: 8
Upgrade Slots: 8

This is a lumbering monster. It takes a relatively large engine to push this craft and it has a poor turn ratio, but what it lacks in speed and maneuverability, it makes up for in armor and firepower. Requires a gunner.

11,000 Credits

Restored Gauntlet:

Weight:
Shield: Wave Shields
Engine: JR1 Roberts (Speed is 4)
Weapons: Gatling Laser
Cargo Space: 300
Missile capacity: 6
Upgrade slots: 8

This was a popular ship, back in the day. It's been fully restored. It comes with its factory standard engine, but the mechanic decided to equip it with its best systems. If you want to upgrade its weapons or shields, you'll have to upgrade the engine: its equipping is already maxed out. These were a favorite of merchants. Not as maneuverable as, say, the Arrow or the Corsair, but it handles well enough.

9,500 Credits

Conrad Knight XR2

Weight:
Shields: Particle Shields
Armor: Micro Armor
Engine: FL221 Conrad (speed is 8)
Weapons: Quartz Laser
Cargo Space: 100
Missile Capacity: 8
Upgrade Slots: 8

A favorite of bounty hunters. Conrad designed these for military use, but the UAS Star Navy ended up favoring the Roberts Excaliburs as single fighters and the Sterns Imperions as heavy fighters. Highly maneuverable and heavily armed.

12,000 Credits

Brigadier

Weight: 600
Shields: Particle Shields
Armor: Plate Armor
Engine: XJR21 Sterns (speed is 12)
Weapons: Diamond Laser
Cargo Space: 600
Missile Capacity: 12
Upgrade Slots: 12
Seats: 4

A beast of a machine; she can outgun military corvettes.

50,000 credits

Rylah, your new, totally legal Arrow requires no maintenance. Katya has taken care of that, but it has no upgrades or secondary weapons. Katya has paid the up front fee, so 5000 credits divided by six, so far (Chloe is not yet part of the group). You have 893 credits.

Helium, you have 1033 credits to dig into.
Lets see...I think I will take the Titan Missiles for 500.