PRESIDENT TRUMP

harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Everything *I* wanted? Fuck I don't even know most of these cabinet picks, who they are, what they believe. I was elated to see a group of people who thought they had it in the bag defeated, yes, but I am cautiously optimistic at best.

If he turns out to be Dubya part 2, why would *I* need an excuse? I didn't mind control the guy.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Last I recall, Dubya part 1 didn't frequently take to Twitter to attack 19 year old college girls because they didn't like him.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
It's a hell of a waste that both liberals and conservatives alike are shouting out "called it" as their words erode into the night along with our civil liberties and economic mobility.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=harmonic
Everything *I* wanted? Fuck I don't even know most of these cabinet picks, who they are, what they believe.

An oilman for foreign policy, head of the EPA who thinks the EPA shouldn't exist, a guy itching for a war with Iran; these are pretty typical picks for a conservative? I'm not sure what else you would have expected.

If he turns out to be Dubya part 2, why would *I* need an excuse? I didn't mind control the guy.

Did you know that in Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, there is a mission where the Russians take over the U.S. by mind controlling the president?

I'm serious. It's a really fun mission too.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Don't forget an education secretary who has always been very vocal in the belief that public education shouldn't be available and that schooling should be put in the hands of private corporations.
A president-elect who has no need for intelligence briefings but can apparently make time for Kanye West. You truly can't make this shit up.

harmonic
author=Solitayre
Did you know that in Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, there is a mission where the Russians take over the U.S. by mind controlling the president?

...And now they're making it a reality.... Holy fuck I think you just solved the mystery. Someone tell Bernie, quick!
Keep in mind, if Russia did what they accused them of doing (likely), all it means is that they revealed the crimes that Hillary Clinton did by hacking her. The crimes were legit, and the people of the people of the US still decided to vote him in. People are acting like Putin rode into the USA on his bear and voted 1,000,000 times illegally for Trump.
Other things to consider:
-Timing of leaks. They were trickled out steadily before the election in order to always be in the news.
-Zero leaks from the RNC despite the RNC also being hacked, meaning truth was spun to a specific narrative and the RNC emails are likely being held either for blackmail or future subversion.
-Zero illegal things in the DNC's emails, anyway.
-Actually, the "crimes" were so absent that several conspiracy yarns were being pulled from the emails by a group of fanatics so sure of Clinton's guilt that they simply made things up in their diseased brains, the most newsworthy being a child sex ring under a goddamn pizzeria, which--and I hate myself for having to clarify this--was a fucking fantasy.

The worst thing to come out of the DNC hack was evidence that anyone with half a brain already knew: the DNC gave unfair advantages to Clinton during the primaries because she was their favorite.
harmonic
You licked your chops before the election because you thought you had it in the bag.
You licked your chops when you thought the popular vote should override the electoral college.
You licked your chops when Jill Stein did her recount, hoping that would give Hillary the win.
You licked your chops when you learned about faithless electors.
Now you're licking your chops hoping that the Russia hacking thing turns it around.

So.... what is it? Do we have a Democratic vote or not? This is also *after* many, many lectures before the election saying "it's a threat to our Democracy not to accept the results" and here the left is repeatedly trying and failing to overturn the election.

Shakin' muh haid!
ESBY
extreme disappointment
It's nice to see you're still arguing against your own delusions.
harmonic
author=ESBY
It's nice to see you're still arguing against your own delusions.

Can you at least try to be a little pleasant?

And are you saying that everyone here who supported Hillary has completely accepted the results and has moved on? ..... okay then.
Solitayre
author=harmonic
And are you saying that everyone here who supported Hillary has completely accepted the results and has moved on? ..... okay then.

I'm not seeing anybody here clamoring for anybody to overturn anything. I'm not sure the topic has even come up in this thread, certainly not recently. I swear every time you post, I get more and more convinced that you can see ghosts and we can't.
I heard he posted a dingo as Secretary of Baby Watching
ESBY
extreme disappointment
author=harmonic
I honestly don't think I could address this post without first caving in my skull with the nearest rock.
Congratulations harmonic, you're literally too stupid for words.

author=Sated
ESBY is doing the same thing, but in reverse. It's cute.
huh?
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Y'all are focusing the conversation on specific posters in the topic, instead of the issues. So really, it's just like a Presidential debate! Hooray, we're part of the problem!

EDIT: Wasting time on insults and counter-insults is entirely selfish. You get the buzz of having tilted someone without having to actually make a useful contribution, and you shut off communication & understanding instead of furthering it.
Solitayre
author=ESBY
I honestly don't think I could address this post without first caving in my skull with the nearest rock.
Congratulations harmonic, you're literally too stupid for words.

This isn't necessary and its not helpful to the conversation.
author=harmonic
You licked your chops before the election because you thought you had it in the bag.
You licked your chops when you thought the popular vote should override the electoral college.
You licked your chops when Jill Stein did her recount, hoping that would give Hillary the win.
You licked your chops when you learned about faithless electors.
Now you're licking your chops hoping that the Russia hacking thing turns it around.

So.... what is it? Do we have a Democratic vote or not? This is also *after* many, many lectures before the election saying "it's a threat to our Democracy not to accept the results" and here the left is repeatedly trying and failing to overturn the election.

Shakin' muh haid!

I know Donald Trump is going to be president. And, let me dispel another notion for you: I never once "licked my chops" during this election. I never thought, "ho, ho, boy, I can't wait for another democrat to get elected so we can CONTROL FREE SPEECH and make THE WHITE RACE FEEL INFERIOR." Honestly, this was the first election I ever voted in, and it wasn't because I loved Hillary Clinton (though she would have been a pretty good president). It was because I hate Donald Trump.

This entire election cycle I felt a pit in my gut because someone woefully inept looked like he had enough momentum to actually make it into office. I took solace in the polls, but they were still giving him a 30 percent chance, which already was way too much for my personal comfort. When the election happened, it was a confirmation of my fears. I never expected anything to come of recounts or anything else.

My response about the Russian hacking wasn't because I saw a sliver of hope there. It was because someone posted an opinion that was so poorly thought-out that I had to jump back into a thread I'm trying to treat as "read only" in order to let them know that they were a victim of right-wing propaganda instead of a champion of common sense.
harmonic
Hey I never insulted ESBY. Nor did I focus on him. I've stayed on point. He insulted me and focused on me. Now who's seeing ghosts? That behavior is a one way street. If you look at this thread, that's been the trend. Harm stays on point, random unhinged person gets personal and does a public call out, and I respond in defense and the defense counts as being equally bad as the original attack. lol k.

By the way, I'm archiving that "literally too stupid for words" as ammunition and yes, I'm soooo going to use it when people try and convince me that there's no personal bias here. Thanks, ESBY! Really I should have been doing that this whole time, since I'm well aware that people still have comments I've made from like the year 2004 saved on their desktop to use at a moment's notice.

Anyway, slightly ironic post here, I'm well aware. Sorry!

I guess the standard response to everything is "you're just imagining things". Okay, I guess 100% Democrat voters on RMN are super special snowflakes who are "different" and are breaking rank with the mainstream left on literally everything. If so, w2g!