[MAFIA] THE EXORCISM OF MAFIAVILLE (GAME OVER)

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK (1): shinan
Dudesoft (1): LockeZ
Psy_wombats (1): Gourd_Clae
Gourd_Clae (4): psy_wombats, Dudesoft, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Cap_H
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I never thought I would say this, but I think it is time to stop reading, and to hammer gourd early.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
LockeZ, who doesn't suspect Gourd and votes Dude...
Odd, who haven't posted a single comment about the game yet.
And Cave said that Dude's not on the same team as Gourd. I think this is quite easy to decide.
One more thing I would like to hear before we hammer is why did shinan vote Gourd d1 and 2?

@Gourd, wouldn't you put them in the same group just in case that you got killed?
By fluid I meant fluctual or that the pack changes every night.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Shit I thought I #cancel'd
#cancel
#cancel
#cancel
Dudesoft
The ONLY effective piece of information is the idea that Gourd and I are "Different".
That doesn't mean he is Mafia. It MIGHT mean he is Mafia.
Dudesoft
Okay, no. I think the other two Mafia are probably Psy and LockeZ.

But this is the best lead.
#Lynch Gourd_Clae

*fingers crossed*
Dudesoft
If not Psy, then Shinan.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
anyone got anything else, or shall we speed this up a bit
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I guess we will have to wait for Shinan to hammer. LockeZ and Odd kind of outed themselves, I guess.
I had some good reason to consider odd town before (pm line), but now the derp clear is denied. The random eggs post shows that he actually reads the game or parts of it and should be able to react.
No way odd isn't town. I'm hesitant to pick more scum at this point because a lot depends on exactly how odd flips (so we get to learn possession game vs permanent scumteam). I don't know how LockeZ is buying Gourd's claim though. Might start looking for claims from Pazuzu/Eye to verify cave or something if it's a permanent team. If they don't claim we can just work on the assumption that either they're scum or cave has been spinning bullshit about pazuzu this whole time.

It would be good to see what shinan actually thinks though and I believe he said he might be back for the end of the day. Not that odd shouldn't have hammered.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I honestly think Gourd's claim is about as believable as Cavedog's, but what the hell, I can get on the gravy train.

STOP! POSTING! Hammer time!

#lynch Gourd_Clae
pianotm
I think I once read an article somewhere about poor judgment.
It's symptoms are a lack of focus, inattentiveness to detail, and a lack of ethics. Poor judgment has real world effects. Gourd_Clae has fallen victim to poor judgment. Why could they not see what he saw, he wondered? The signs were obvious, and the cards were never wrong. Yet his shouts of impending doom fell upon deaf ears.

"You massive knobheads!" he shouted! "You're all blind! I'm the only one that sees clearly! Look into the eyes of your loved ones! They're out to get you!
All of you! Nobody's safe! Why won't you read the signs? Why don't you listen to the voices?"

But his mad exaltation fell upon deaf ears. A cinder block assured that there would be nothing more for those ears to hear.

Gourd_Clae is dead. He was

The Seer

Please send in your night actions before the end of night phase.
If night actions reach me before this day phase would have ended, I have no problem going straight into the next day phase.

pianotm
LockeZ liked to think of himself as an unpredictable man. Of course, what nobody could predict was when he started running around demanding that everybody be either imprisoned or killed until the murders stop. Running around like a maniac, LockeZ tries to drag random townspeople off, most people simply shove him off.

"We can put a stop to it right now! We can make it all end if we just drag everyone's asses where they belong! You're all guilty anyway! Everyone's guilty! You're guilty and you're guilty and you're guilty and I'm guilty! Hmm...we should start with me."

With that, LockeZ twists his own head around as hard as he can, quite improbably breaking his own neck.

LockeZ is dead. He was

POSSESSED

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
So everyone but two people are confirmed town apparently
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Those results not make sense to anyone else
It makes no sense for a fixed-side scum game. From my perspective, at face value, that'd mean Shinan is only scum. The players aren't confirmed town for sure, Gourd asked if anyone was "mafia" which would exclude neutrals as well, but even so, it's more likely that scum switched between his two searches. This looks to me like an annoying game where scum shifts sides and scumhunting is impossible.

I also question whether Gourd was /ever/ going to hit scum with his approach, because he explicitly asked if LockeZ was scum last night, and LockeZ flipped POSSESSED today. Normally I'd say that proves possession is a factional nightkill, but that would mean the scumfaction using the nightkill is just Shinan. No way town has a demonmasonry, a hunter, and a truthteller to hunt down just Shinan.
@cave: Any investigation result? And are both Pazuzu and the eye still alive? I thought LockeZ would've had to be one of them. I'm specifically interested in trying to evaluate that DIFFERENT result from Gourd+Dudesoft if Gourd was town. It would indicate either that 1) the investigation returns DIFFERENT for power roles, 2) DS is neutral, or 3) pazuzu is a liar and should be killed if possible. Outside chance that pazuzu is demonlord trolling you from beyond the grave similar to Liberty in SMT.
Dudesoft
So, Gourd_Clae is Town Seer, and LockeZ was Town as well? He was my #2 or 3 lynch vote today.
Jesus. I have two specific facts to state:
I am playing like Shit.
Mafia is playing really well.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm going to assume we're barking up the wrong tree with the 'switching scum' thing because if it's true then there is literally no basis for any lynch right now.

the definition of fact is loose here:

fact 1. eye resorted a town result on shinan

fact 2. gourd and dudesoft were said to be different

fact 3. gourd got a result of town on each living player except psy and shinan

IF we assume that all of these are true and accurate, then the only scum is psy, who would be some kind of superscum. HOWEVER, we also know from ozzy that there exists a spirit and a vessel. I think it's safe to assume that the vessel is not town since they never outted. So that would give us two scum. I assume it's not three since the game is still going and we're at 6 people alive.

so this means either pazuzu's results are faulty or gourd's are. if it's pazuzu, then shinan and psy are scum together. if it's gourd's, then we have some kind of godfather present amongst the scumteam.

I'm more inclined to believe the godfather thing, or else the specific wording of gourd's message gave him a false result. like he asked if there were any 'mafia' but the flavor doesn't actually have the scumteam as 'mafia.' just because i'm not sure if i personally see the shinan/psy scumteam. his role is also very powerful if it's totally accurate. like he would have locked down the entire scumteam in three days using it?

that would also make me more likely to believe that pazuzu's results are accurate.

author=psy_wombats
@cave: Any investigation result? And are both Pazuzu and the eye still alive? I thought LockeZ would've had to be one of them. I'm specifically interested in trying to evaluate that DIFFERENT result from Gourd+Dudesoft if Gourd was town. It would indicate either that 1) the investigation returns DIFFERENT for power roles, 2) DS is neutral, or 3) pazuzu is a liar and should be killed if possible. Outside chance that pazuzu is demonlord trolling you from beyond the grave similar to Liberty in SMT.

the eye is still there but at the end of last night it just said it was closed. like the eyelid is closed i guess. I have no fuckgin idea if that means it's "dead" or roleblocked or needs to rest or what. at this point I'm fairly sure it's not actually a player. didn't get any message to the effect of pazuzu dying yet.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm going to assume we're barking up the wrong tree with the 'switching scum' thing because if it's true then there is literally no basis for any lynch right now.

the definition of fact is loose here:

fact 1. eye resorted a town result on shinan

fact 2. gourd and dudesoft were said to be different

fact 3. gourd got a result of town on each living player except psy and shinan

IF we assume that all of these are true and accurate, then the only scum is psy, who would be some kind of superscum. HOWEVER, we also know from ozzy that there exists a spirit and a vessel. I think it's safe to assume that the vessel is not town since they never outted. So that would give us two scum. I assume it's not three since the game is still going and we're at 6 people alive.

so this means either pazuzu's results are faulty or gourd's are. if it's pazuzu, then shinan and psy are scum together. if it's gourd's, then we have some kind of godfather present amongst the scumteam.

I'm more inclined to believe the godfather thing, or else the specific wording of gourd's message gave him a false result. like he asked if there were any 'mafia' but the flavor doesn't actually have the scumteam as 'mafia.' just because i'm not sure if i personally see the shinan/psy scumteam. his role is also very powerful if it's totally accurate. like he would have locked down the entire scumteam in three days using it?

that would also make me more likely to believe that pazuzu's results are accurate.

author=psy_wombats

the eye is still there but at the end of last night it just said it was closed. like the eyelid is closed i guess. I have no fuckgin idea if that means it's "dead" or roleblocked or needs to rest or what. at this point I'm fairly sure it's not actually a player. didn't get any message to the effect of pazuzu dying yet.