MAFIA: IS THIS WEREWOLF? [MAFIA]

@aneko: In most games you certainly are allowed to reveal your role, it's just extremely likely to get you nightkilled and therefore a bad idea (because now town's down a PR). Not being able to reveal it is usually a sign of poor design. Such as vulnerability to massclaim.

Also, you'd want to kill LockeZ because the alternative is killing nobody, which is worse when LockeZ is unconfirmed. I still think LockeZ looks bad but piano looks also bad to me plus he has a vote on him.

@demon: uh so you're positive you can use your role on yourself? Also no you're not confirmed town if the vigilante shoots you because there might not be a vigilante in the first place -- only they would know, and they could still be roleblocked or otherwise interfered with.
Yeah, I'm able to defend myself if I choose too. Fair point though, I didn't consider a roleblocker. I'm 99% sure of a vigilante in game though for reasons I don't wish to specify.
alternative theory: demon is bulletproof scum
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
#cancel

Psy, you're looking pretty scummy yourself. In fact, you're downright disagreeable. Are you pissed about something?
I don't want to lynch Piano for a stupid reason like him not actively posting because he may be busy.

LockeZ gives me a weird vibe though he's been scarce and has had very little to stay most of the time which is weird because if I remember correctly he was talking a lot in the last one. Though I still feel like that is a stupid reason. I don't know I don't want to go along with other people and lynch him either bout those are the only two I can think of soo...
#LynchLockeZ
I've only played one or two in IRL and if I remember correctly it was looked down/not allowed to give your role because you could be lying about it or the person just didn't want people to give their roles so when they were revealed there was more fun to it or whatever.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
i believe it

#cancel

author=pianotm
#cancelPsy, you're looking pretty scummy yourself. In fact, you're downright disagreeable. Are you pissed about something?

why is psy scummy

pianotm
Has he even bothered to make a case? I've got a joke vote on me, and that's the only thing he's really cited. Plus, he's metagaming the fuck out of this. He seems like he's seriously got a chip on his shoulder here, and it looks like he's taking your win last game personally.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=psy_wombats
I'm going with LockeZ for now because after we were both humiliatingly defeated last game, my instinct was to avoid repeating a follow-the-cave strategy, but LockeZ's was to unironically endorse it. I think town would've been more self-conscious about it, not joking.

this is a case of some sort, and for the person he's voting for. how is him using meta information and being about last game scummy?
@piano: Not really sure where you're reading that from, I didn't think I was doing anything /too/ hard haha. My only case on you would be that callout of Aneko, which had to be terse to not defeat the point entirely but oh well. Do you buy demon's claim?

also, re said claim: I am actually a bit more alright with murdering demon now just because that's the exact cover that'd make sense for bulletproof scum -- down to "I know for sure there's a vig, but I don't want to tell you why." Not /can't/ tell you why. I think I still believe the claim, but it changes my ranking to (kill demon) > (nolynch).
pianotm
Seriously, Cave? That's really not much of a case. It's literally, "I want to vote LockeZ because I'm pissed at him" or, "Let's vote piano because he has a vote on him." Maybe that's not scummy. So, you know what, let's meta-game. We're talking about psy-I-scoured-the-internet-for-every-instance-I-could-find-of-anyone-using-each-other-hyphenated-and-the-only-one-ever-found-was-LockeZ. Compare that to, LockeZ-made-a-bad-decision-last-game-and-piano-has-a-vote-on-him-so-fuck-them.

I don't know what scum psy looks like, but town-psy sure as shit doesn't look like this.

#lynch psy_wombats
That's not why I'm voting LockeZ. My takeaway after last game was "be more wary when Cave votes the guy you just FOS'd" and I assumed LockeZ would be thinking along similar lines but instead he hopped onboard as vote #2.

I actually specifically remember a game after I beat him as scum where he opened the first day voting against me for being a liability.
Also do you buy demon's claim or not?
pianotm
#cancel

Ah, if LockeZ did that, that's his issue. I don't know why it has to be yours, too.

Demon has roleclaimed. I don't know how wise it is to lynch a day one roleclaim.
pianotm
psy_wombats
Also do you buy demon's claim or not?

I'm not sure. It's a pretty common role, so it'd be an easy claim.
pianotm
It's also really easy to test, too.
I don't believe it's possible to confirm Demon as town given his claim. A vigilante shooting him and demon surviving could be because:
1 - there is no vigilante, Demon is lying that one exists
2 - Demon is bulletproof scum so shooting him does nothing
3 - scum-Demon is protected by his scum-doctor counterpart and survives
4 - Demon actually is a bodyguard just like he claims, but he's actually the mafia bodyguard so nothing is proven

Added reason to think we're in scenario 2, 3, or 4 is that Demon would know 100% that a vigilante exists, but not be able to tell us /why/ he knows that, because the why being that as scum with an anti-nk role, he knows that there must be other nk sources in play.
it is a pretty easy one to claim, in most versions of this game, there is some type of bodyguard. it is a bit weird that he won't give why he thinks there's a vigilante.
pianotm
Yeah, I'm not really invested in defending demon. If that's how you feel, cool. I think that it's a little bit narrow. There's no consideration for the possibility that he might be making a legit town claim.
There are a lot of situations in which demon could make the bodyguard claim and be scum. It'd be kinda difficult to test too, like psy pointed out. In a lot of those scenarios demon's claim seems to work out but it doesn't.

The convenience of the claim is what makes me leary.

I feel like piano's outburst against psy kinda came out of nowhere. psy hasn't come across as exceptionally emotional this game. He's made a lot of good points I think.