MAFIA: IS THIS WEREWOLF? [MAFIA]

There isn't much you can make arguments about on a day 1, and I do still think gourd has been unusually silent this game compared to the last two games.

I think cave is probably town this game from his argument though. When he was scum-cave with muffle partner last game (day 1), someone made an argument on muffle making less fluffy posts and he asked for more evidence while quoting her from a previous game, but he didn't actually call the argument bad like he is with my argument this game.

I don't think my argument is all that different from the one made last game, but cave seems to be reacting differently to it. At least fluff verses less activity doesn't sound all that different to me.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
OK. I see what you mean now.

Cave. You are now the Tenkai Star. Direct us.

#lynch Demonlord5000
yes, that worked out brilliantly last time
#cancel
#lynch LockeZ

@demon: your argument is bad. For one, I think I was quieter than Gourd for the first half of the day and I expected to get called out on it. Being quiet is also not scumtell (unless you're IF).

Then again, it's not like I won't kill Gourd today if that's what's gonna happen.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Being quiet can be a scumtell, but I don't think it is in Gourd's case. Hasn't he gone quiet in his town games? Last game he was gone for almost the entire last day.

JJ's made a longer serious post now. I don't like how he calls me obsessed, but it's true not much was going on for him to avoid, as Cave already pointed out. Would like to see more from him now that joke phase is over.

@demon, your last argument is against a Cave/Gourd scumteam, but you're using it to say Cave's town, while Gourd hasn't even flipped yet.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Huni only showing up on Wednesday is not really acceptable. She'll have missed the entirety of day 1 and half of day 2. If she has no time to post even once per 24h, she should probably be replaced before then.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, I think psy and cave are probably unlikely to be together on the scum team, based on that reaction.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I don't know if demon is actually scum, but Cave is right about him being a good first day kill. His reasoning for voting Gourd is especially metagamey and I really don't like it. Of course, Gourd's a little quieter. 1) He just got throttled in the last two games, and 2)real life happens. A player's talkativeness is the last thing we should be looking at and for most schools, we are coming into exam time. In fact, in the very last game, Gourd was talking about being busy.
pianotm
#cancel
#lynch demonlord5000
pianotm
author=psy_wombats
yes, that worked out brilliantly last time

He did nail Ratty that one game.
sorry if I don't find it convincing that Cave scumhunted successfully once, in a game I don't remember, over 18 months ago, vs I voted with Cave twice in a game last week and got duped.

Although seriously: I have no problem voting with cave or whoever when their reasoning lines up with my own -- in this case demon's own reasoning looks questionable yeah but it's not exactly unlike town-Demon to go out on a limb on D1. Like I almost think the most "suspicious" part is he didn't change his vote already.
I don't like how demon's argument is based on the fact that gourd_clae was active on some previous mafia game that some of us didn't even play to begin with.

I mean if you wanted to call out gourd for lurking you could had done so without the need for that pretty odd excuse.
The part that sticks out the most to me is that demon looked like he was WAITING to be able to make that argument. Is that what you mean by "timing" psy?

@JJ But of course I am~

(sorry, I was confirming that I am a man of culture to JJ)
author=pianotm
Of course, Gourd's a little quieter. 1) He just got throttled in the last two games, and 2)real life happens. A player's talkativeness is the last thing we should be looking at and for most schools, we are coming into exam time. In fact, in the very last game, Gourd was talking about being busy.

Oh, you get it, thank you. ;w; It's actually gotten a little bit better now so I should be able to participate more throughout this week.

So, the argument against demon is that his argument was very metagame-y and maybe a bit artifical. He also did not vote with his argument.

I think psy's point that demon did this in the other game is good to take into account, but I don't know that I've played enough games with demon, personally, to say that it's normal town behavior for him.
I apologize, guys, I've been pretty busy with stuff, and Muffle said she would have someone to replace me soon. I'll do my best to post until then.
author=Gourd_Clae
The part that sticks out the most to me is that demon looked like he was WAITING to be able to make that argument. Is that what you mean by "timing" psy?

Yes, that's what I mean, but that also happened last game.

@JJJ: sorry everything is so meta at the moment
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
demon also said last game that his reason for wanting to lynch me day 1, was not the actual argument he made. this is essentially exactly what scum do and why he was lynched day 1 last game. so, i don't find the defense that demonlord will be scum as town, but also scum as scum, very compelling. I'm pretty sure I've seen him make sensible arguments in games before. this is not one of them.
I didn't realize it was because gourd was busy. Since piano basically confirmed it, that basically invalidates the argument I was trying to make. My argument may not have been the best, but it isn't exactly easy to find a good argument on day 1, but I still like to try.

To explain my timing thing, it works like this. It wouldn't make much sense to call someone inactive 30 mins into the game. Same deal if they had been called out on something by someone else, and you want to withhold your own observations until that person posts. It's not a matter of waiting to kill anyone at all, it's just waiting long enough to see what happens first.

#cancel

Going to reread and see if I can find anything else.
I'm inclined to read this post by demon as him changing his mind rather than trying to not get killed since he seems to be legitimately explaining himself.

author=demonlord5000
I think cave is probably town this game from his argument though. When he was scum-cave with muffle partner last game (day 1), someone made an argument on muffle making less fluffy posts and he asked for more evidence while quoting her from a previous game, but he didn't actually call the argument bad like he is with my argument this game.

Mmm this isn't expecially convincing to me. Cave hasn't done anything scummy, but I don't feel comfortable declaring him town yet.