[MAFIA] SPY VS. MAFIA II DAY 3

PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
I think that whether or not you read that PM, your play on day one should be 95% independent of your role.

Nobody else has any information on that day. So any information you incorporate in your play will quickly be noticed.

As long as your play is invariable (and this is usually obvious), it doesn't really matter how you play on day 1 at all.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
just got my role pm, afraid I'm useless vanilla town
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Of course. Preferably, you don't show your knowledge in thread. But you're not playing the game alone, and things can happen out of thread. That's what makes it unfair/unfun to not read your PM.

Say you have a mason partner who's trying to contact you. It's not fun to them if you're not responding, especially if you end up trying ro lynch them.
Or say you have a day power. Those can be useful on day 1. (or instantly lose the game for scum, but yknow)

But really, the most important reason to read your PM is that not reading it is not fair to the GM. People take a lot of time creating their setups. It's not fun to see a player basically take the game hostage. Players are of course free to go wild with strategies, but it's not fun if it happens in a way that actively goes against/breaks/circumvents the setup. And not reading your role PM falls in that category in the same way that trying to read into mod communication and sharing PMs/night chats does.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
author=Jeroen_Sol
People take a lot of time creating their setups. It's not fun to see a player basically take the game hostage.

I would never do such a thing
I thought it was already a long-enforced rule that peeps should read their role PMs before posting in the forum unless they wanted to get mod-killed/warned?
PlatinumAshes
It's not in the rules that everyone copy-pastes from Jeroen's games.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Mailbox in the top menu.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
You need to get one first, milk.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Welp, now we wait until next week, when the game starts. There's not much to say until then. :shrug:
PlatinumAshes
author=TremendousMilk3
Gee, it sure is quiet.

I am quietly planning how I will destroy you, in particular
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=TremendousMilk3
Gee, it sure is quiet.

PlatinumAshes
Well excuuuuuuuuuse me princess
author=Jeroen_Sol
author=TremendousMilk3
Gee, it sure is quiet.

My boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
It'd be bad if someone disturbed that peace, by, I don't know, murdering someone. Like, maybe a spy...
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I am currently planning on how to yet again get town Piano killed. It is a tradition that I have to keep up as I've got him killed since the first day I played mafia and I can't stop that tradition!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
...Did you get him killed in the Prisoner's Dilemma game? I can't remember.
Jeroen_Sol
I haven't read it yet, but from what I heard, didn't Ozzy get EVERYONE killed in that game?

Now I'm thinking about a terrible role that should never be made but would be really funny:
"Neutral suicide bomber. Can explode to kill self and two targets. Wins upon using ability"