[MAFIA] SPY VS. MAFIA II DAY 3

@PA

That OP's actually not from Demon Slayer but another old anime that Odd recommended! And yes it's so good <3

e:

IT'S SO GOOD
Reading deadchat, I find it pretty funny that Piano didn't expect PA to take the hit with the bomb :D
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think I had some good observations but my conclusions sucked balls.

Anyway gg, Cave. You were both good and lucky today.

Piano, I enjoyed it despite it being a bastard game. I like that it was always close. The tube definitely was an op item I would remove and replace with something weaker in the third version of this. I like Lynch manipulation items, but the distribution being randomised clashed with the central mechanic of the game, the grey agent.
Having a true neutral with access to both chats makes the setup heavily dependent on this one particular player. I would remove the 3p or try to make it a true survivor (needs to be in f3 and survive) or remove it from the game.

Anyway I had a good time and I'm hungry for more mafia. Thank you for hosting, Piano and Ivory.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Oh, right.

Well then thanks Odd.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
This is probably a godawfull idea but you could make it like the Departed where there"s two double agents, one of whom is good and the other is evil.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I enjoy simplicity of rmn's forum but not having threadmarks and not being able to iso is killing me.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I still like the idea where I just give everyone nightkills and bodyguard abilities.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Cap_H
I think I had some good observations but my conclusions sucked balls.

Anyway gg, Cave. You were both good and lucky today.

Piano, I enjoyed it despite it being a bastard game. I like that it was always close. The tube definitely was an op item I would remove and replace with something weaker in the third version of this. I like Lynch manipulation items, but the distribution being randomised clashed with the central mechanic of the game, the grey agent.
Having a true neutral with access to both chats makes the setup heavily dependent on this one particular player. I would remove the 3p or try to make it a true survivor (needs to be in f3 and survive) or remove it from the game.

Anyway I had a good time and I'm hungry for more mafia. Thank you for hosting, Piano and Ivory.

Yeah, my role was very swingy.
That's the reason that when I saw that town was going to lose hard I decided to claim and blab about scum chat to level the playing field a bit. I don't know if it made much of a difference in the end, but I'd like to think I was swingy in the opposite direction of where the game was headed.
PlatinumAshes
author=Cap_H
I enjoy simplicity of rmn's forum but not having threadmarks and not being able to iso is killing me.

I don't know what either of those things are.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
An ability to mark highlights such as starts and ends of day.
An option to isolate individual player's posts.
Cap: You can look at someone's posts in their profile. I used that a few times.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=pianotm
I still like the idea where I just give everyone nightkills and bodyguard abilities.

it would be fun, if nothing else.

I think making the double agent's wincon still supercede everyone else's still makes sense and would up the duplicity factor. I think you would still have to use something besides QT for the chats to avoid timestamps but I don't know what's appropriate.

incidentally from the beginning I was trying to pretend to be a version of psy that was pretending to be other people in the scumchat. I did not do a good job

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=oddRABBIT
I'm assuming everyone's too burnt out for another game.

WRONG
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I think your being absent in scum chat was the best possible strategy.

The agents were very open and talkative, and that lead to them all being outed on N1 already. Though I didn't have much of a hand in Ozzy outing himself.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
scumchat didn't serve much purpose. it would have been wisest to never post anything in there at all. the reason I kept posting in it after demonlord died was to float the theory that ozzy had switched roles with someone, because psy was in the last game where he did exactly that. I also pretended to not understand what was going on in some respects but also let slip that I had knowledge of what had happened in the past game, which only psy was in. so the intended subtle pattern was psy pretending to be other people but it was done ineptly and I realized I was actually wifoming myself into a state of confusion and that it might end up just backfiring so I stopped.
Jeroen_Sol
Yeah, I probably would have thought Ozzy could have switched too if I didn't already know that wasn't the case. Good thing you came around on that otherwise the game would have gone very differently I think.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oh, I never really had a strong belief that that was what had happened, because in the last game, it was actually ivory who switched, and ozzy who went along with it. I was just trying to be psy.

also I suspected you were the double agent after your reaction to me bringing you up as a possible agent in scumchat.

riding the line of trying to be subtle but still have your fake clues be noticed is kind of cool but i think you might have to make, like, the entire game anon for it to really work.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Game's up.
Jeroen_Sol
Yeah, I dropped the ball there. It would have been easier to just claim right there, but I was pretending to be scum worried about town reading the chat because of my self-imposed challenges, so I thought I needed to get you to vote Ozzy without dismissing the option completely. That clearly didn't work.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Ok, so I just got mostly done with reading up on thread and I must say.

Psy builds a claim against CAVE and then CAVE uses an item that negates Psy and makes sure hammer happens at 4 votes. How did this not seem scummy to most people?