2020 GAMING DIARY

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I only played Crusader Kings 2 in may.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Looking/hoping to finish FFT this week. I don't think I'm unlocking Mimic with this run either, but, Ramza's got job-level 8 in Squire, and possibly Chemist too. 4 with all, or most, other classes.

In original FF7, I've crossed the ocean to Costa del Sol, and am looking to cross the mountains to Corel. Cloud and Tifa are working towards their level 3 Limit breaks, where the other party members are looking to unlock level 2. The forest by Fort Condor is super-good for the purposes of accumulating kill-counts for limits, let me tell you what. They weren't too shabby at building the Limit bar either, though, by the time I can get back there, that'll probably change.

Decided to put some time into Valkyria Chronicles 4 last night. I didn't advance the plot, but, I was happy enough with the progress I did make in it. Though, I kinda feel I still have to do some skirmishes, since I spend quite a bit of resources training the squad, and upgrading their equipment that session.
Oops, so March, April and May...

I've continued with WoW and GW2.

Animal Crossing is probably the game I've spent the most time playing in those three months. I've played it every single day since release. I'm mostly happy with my house but I have always (except for the DS version) used Halloween furniture as my main set.. so roll on Halloween!

Risk of Rain 2 has been fun, I finally unlocked the last item last week, I still need one artifact and then I think I've got everything until 1.0 releases.

Super Mario Maker 2 - an old game - I loved the idea of making my own full mario game when they added super worlds but I only did 2 levels for it, both dull.

Xenoblade Chronicles, maybe third time will be the charm. Haven't played that much of it yet, just about to get Sharla.

Guild Wars (the original) I played a solid chunk over its anniversary love the new skills and weapons. I always played this with a friend who I dragged back on the last day to attempt the underworld again. We failed sadly on the second last quest. Still I got him to agree to another try at the new festival.

Early 2020 - State of Decay 2, Dying Light, Warframe

April 2020 - FF7R

May 2020 - Quantum Break, Red Dead Redemption 2

June 2020 & Beyond - No more games. Only Gam Mak.

Sept 2020 - Just kidding, Cyberpunk 2077
Marrend
Polished off FFT a bit ago. I kinda think the game drags on for too long, but, it was a fun enough romp. I decided to try putting aside emulating for a bit (or, at least, not doing it as often), and focusing more on the PS4 games. I put in some Devil May Cry 5 in the last few days, and I might throw down some more Valkyria Chronicles 4 or Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night later.

Though, I've achieved and ending in Bloodstained. My guess is that, in actual game completion, it would be similar to defeating Richter without getting the Holy Glasses. Even if I know/suspect there is more to the game, there is still a particular sense of accomplishment with Bloodstained. I dunno. I'll see how I feel after the next boss fight, or whatever.
Marrend
Added World of Xeen on my "in progress" list. I'm doing a written Let's Play of this particular run, which can be found here.

*Edit: I'm pretty close to finishing Devil May Cry 5. Those games tend to have 20 missions, and I'm on Mission 19.

The latest boss-fight in Bloodstained was pretty rough, and drained me of health consumables. As such, I'm grinding for money to regain those items, but, I dunno how long that's going to last before I say "screw it" to either the grind, or the game, itself.

I'm in the second half of Chapter 15 in Valkyria Chronicles 4, and I'm about to face-off against the game's Valkyria for what could be the last time. There's apparently a method to achieve victory in one turn, involving an order that's unlocked after training Snipers to level 19? I trained the squad to level 18 last session, so it'll probably be a while before I'll have the EXP for 19. I dunno, I think I'll give it an attempt without it, and see how that goes down.
Marrend
Some updates in this post.

Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night
I'm staring down at the next boss-fight, and it looks this might be the fight that breaks me. Normal attacks deal about 100-ish, and it scored a critical on me that was over 500. I crafted a new piece of armor, but, I don't know how much that will help in the end. It's weird. I feel if this were a Symphony of the Night boss, I wouldn't have any issues whatsoever. Or, at least, fewer issues. Though, a combination of 1024 LUCK and a Talisman might have something to do with that. *nervous laughter*

Valkyira Chronicles 4
In the second half of Chapter 17 now. I'm beginning to feel this game is overstaying it's welcome, but, it seems it should be over soon. Chapter 18 should be the last chapter, though, I get the funny feeling that will be a two-fight chapter as well. ;_;

Final Fantasy 7
Managed to finish Disk 1 earlier today. Aeris had all her limits before passing into the Lifestream. I hacked GP to obtain Omnislash from the Gold Saucer, and Red XIII has Cosmo Memory from the Neibelhiem safe. Everybody else is as done as they can be without their 4th level limit.

Kinda looking to pick something up. My chief consideration is Shin Megami Tensai Persona 4. Yukiko is my #1 favorite character in this game, and there is a very high probability that I will pursue her again. Saying that, I've never bothered to pursue Naoto, and this might be the time to change that.
I am currently playing through Final Fantasy 9 for the first time. I'm on Disc 3. I've been making my way through every FF in order. I've beaten:

FF1 (NES)
FF2 (Famicom translation)
FF3 (Famicom translation)
FF4 (SNES)
FF5 (SNES translation)
FF6 (SNES)
FF7 (PS1)
FFT (PS1)
FF8 (PS4)

I had already beaten FF6 and FF7 when I began this journey, but I played through them again anyway. I also completed FF13 a few years ago, and beat FF7R last month.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
In July, I played the first part of Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening and some mods for Crusader Kings 2, most importantly When the World Stopped Making Sense and After the End. I might write more and update the thread soon.
I finally finished FF3 last week (in one marathon session - took me 30 minutes to work out where I was). I don't recommend it.

Also been playing GW2 and WoW. I can't remember if I mentioned it but I've played lots of Animal Crossing, although this last week is the first time I haven't played daily. I might just play during events going forward.
author=Fomar0153
I finally finished FF3 last week (in one marathon session - took me 30 minutes to work out where I was). I don't recommend it.

Really? Which version? I played the Famicom version and I absolutely loved it. I thought it was easily the best 8 bit FF. It was also the most challenging FF I've played - the final boss was certainly no pushover. That's pretty insane that you beat it one session, though.
author=dethmetal
author=Fomar0153
Really? Which version? I played the Famicom version and I absolutely loved it. I thought it was easily the best 8 bit FF. It was also the most challenging FF I've played - the final boss was certainly no pushover. That's pretty insane that you beat it one session, though.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, the 30 minutes I spent working out where I was were because my save was 13 years old. I played the DS version, I only played the NES version of FF1, 2 (Playstation) & 3 (DS) were remakes when I played them.
Marrend
Finished off Valkyria Chronicles 4 last night. I've tried to advance Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night at least once more, but, the Doppelganger boss is just too tough for me to handle. Still, I'm glad the game exists. Outside of the difficulty, it's a pretty decent 2.5D Metroidvania experience.

I've also gotten to the last disk of Final Fantasy 7 within the last couple days. I keep thinking Barret's 4th Level Limit is found when re-visiting Midgar, but, I've since looked this up, and that's not the case at all. However, once I do get it, I think I'm on the finishing-the-game plan. Maybe start looking into video LPing for whatever my next game will be? I dunno. Might wanna complete my LP of World of Xeen first. Even a written LP has it's shares of stresses even if nobody appears to be reading. What stresses would a video LP might induce, then?
author=Marrend
I keep thinking Barret's 4th Level Limit is found when re-visiting Midgar, but, I've since looked this up, and that's not the case at all.

Spoilers
You get it in Corel IF you keep the train from crashing into it iirc.
Marrend
Small update!

I completed FF7 some time ago, and I finished the LP of World of Xeen yesterday. So, the only game on my docket is SMTP4. That will probably change, but maybe not soon.
Marrend
Guess who almost forgot this thread existed! A bit of an update, then.

I'm up to November in Shin Megami Tensai Persona 4, looking to save Nanako. My social links are maxed out except for Teddie, the Investigation Team, and Naoto. Naoto's social link was unlocked relatively recently, and the other two rank up automatically. However, I finally saw through the social link for Death and Hanged Man. I tried to "fast forward" through the Moon link a bit by way of hacking the rank, but, she was not showing up for the longest time. I think I saw up to her rank 2 event, and might have tried to skip to rank 4? I dunno. I know she didn't show up again until I hacked it to 8. Very strange.

At some point, I picked up on Vagrant Story with New Game Plus data. This particular data has two clear games behind it. That, by itself, would have probably made the game something of a cakewalk, but, I decided to indulge in this game's version of Stat-Stones. I definitely overdid it, as there has been no enemy that has taken more than two or three hits before they fall. Bosses included. However, I looked up a combination chart for the game, because the one I've been using before has a lot of holes in it. The one I have now is certainly more comprehensive, and will probably be my base-line for future plays.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I really really for real really should update this. I haven't played any video games in August myself.

Edit: And I haven't checked on new games in months. I guess my regular feature on my blog is officially dead.
Ok so I don't know if anyone noticed but RPG Maker MZ launched but I've barely played a game since:
Phantasy Star Online 2 - is fun but it's not as fun as PSO but definitely better than PSU. I am level 76 (80 is the level cap) on Force. I briefly logged in on xbox to get some freebies and accidentally got an achievement, so I spent a day getting all the achievements.

Guild Wars 2 - I haven't done the last story chapter yet, I keep hoping the voice acting is coming soon but I unlocked the new underwater skimmer and made a start on vision while farming the experience needed. So far I have 2/6 Vision of *map name* done. I'm concerned I didn't realise how long the Astral weapons would take, oh well I'll finish it eventually.

Risk of Rain 2 - I played a little following it's 1.0 release. Unlocked all the new stuff and haven't really touched it since.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution - I got nostalgic and bought this, I don't mind link summoning, I do mind every new deck having mass removal and protection and taking a whole five minutes a turn.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - I've done the first level, was waiting for Indrah to get back off holiday.

Final Fantasy 14 - I agreed to replay a realm reborn following the latest patch which overhauled the original main quests. It's better (I think), though I still think a lot more could have trimmed or streamlined. Playing Bard this time, I exhausted the magic classes previously.
Marrend
Small update.

Man, I have seriously been whipping through Vagrant Story. I don't remember where I was last post, but, I'm in the Great Cathedral now, and that's the last area. Bosses still take, maybe, two hits before they become dead. It's almost not fun for the game to be this easy, but also kinda hilarious at the same time?

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 is complete! Iniba's serial murder case has been solved, and even the fog has lifted. The sun shines bright upon the future of possibilities that my party has opened up.

Also of note, Weird and Unfortunate Things Are Happening! I don't want to post here any particulars, but, it's been an interesting romp in directions I wasn't entirely expecting. I'm going off my 60% save, so, I only have 40% to actually play. Still, I'm not sure how much of that 40% I've actually seen at the point of the game where I'm at. I do feel like the game will soon come to a close, though.
Halp. Me and Orc have been stuck playing Pokemon Shield all week long. It's all we do.