SCREENSHOT SCHMEENSHOT

You all know how a screenshot topic works by now...I shouldn't have to explain it to you.

As Craze would say: GOGOGO!
So now we have two screenshot threads?

EDIT: nevermind, why did the other one get locked?
About every 480 posts or so, we make a new one. Overly large threads can be slow to load, so to prevent that we make new ones.

Fighting a cyber minotaur from the shadows with a pistol. Not a very good idea. (Also, if its not obvious I'm standing on something)
We really need to work on making some higher tech looking textures, preferably shiny and chrome. For those who don't know this is for A Labyrinth of Metal.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Looks like a pretty generic doom clone to me. Those textures suck and they make your level design look hideously boring.

What maker/engine?
Edited with a lightmap(that yellowish haze around you is from being hit by an exploding rocket):

Like I said, the current texture does suck. This is supposed to be a simple corridor though (as the name suggests its going to be a really big maze, with everything from simple corridors to underwater rooms to crawling through tiny air vents). I'll put up a screenshot of a more complex area sometime.
Here are a few random screenshots from Dragon Fantasy II. Nothing much. Just took a few while exploring.

Fighting the latest boss.

The people pray to their God for protection. Our Hero, however, just walks on in and takes a picture of it all before running away giggling.

We explore the Holy Land! Though it's not as holy as it once was, it's still fairly holy. This is one of few areas where there are no encounters with any monsters.

I have to say, I hate those forests/mountains. Use autotiles or have separate tiles that can be linked together. A bunch of identical mountains in a perfect square pattern looks terrible.
Autotiles would be to high tech, it wouldn't look as oldschool if they were linked together.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
TOASTERS YOU ARE WRONG

SO VERY WRONG.

Ephiam that looks HEAVENLY.

@FPS: I don't know anything about FPS games but I do know that the second version is a vast improvement!

Playing wit; 2k3 in teh VXz>

MODIFY:
I hereby proclaim:
GO GO GO

MODIFY2:
RELEASE SOMETHING DAY! V
SPONSORED THIS POST
@Gameovergames productions- The 1st screen doesn't look tht good as max described but i like what i see in the second.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
heh heh old screenshot (late 2007)

action platformer minigame thingy
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
What does that bring to mind, people?
;)
At first remended me of something like Castlevania O.o Looks good anyway :)
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Ephiam: Exquisite. Have my babies or something.
Dragonheartman, I still can't believe that you went to the trouble of creating pixel based movement in RM2k3. Unless you're using some random patch.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Just play his game GOP and you'll see even more wondrous mini games and the like. DHM rules!

@Ephiam - Looks like Ive gone back in time!

@Craze - That looks great seriously, my only problem would be moving the map, time, etc to the side like the item, equipment menu bit.

Man I don't know if the boss is some custom stuff from you but it's badass. ^^
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Craze link=topic=2555.msg47094#msg47094 date=1227659218
TOASTERS YOU ARE WRONG

SO VERY WRONG.

Ephiam that looks HEAVENLY.

@FPS: I don't know anything about FPS games but I do know that the second version is a vast improvement!

Playing wit; 2k3 in teh VXz>

MODIFY:
I hereby proclaim:
GO GO GO

MODIFY2:
RELEASE SOMETHING DAY! V
SPONSORED THIS POST

Fun Fact:
I was reading this page scrolling from bottom of page to top and I saw that the class was hooker and immediately knew this was a craze screenshot long before I saw that Craze had made this post.

In all seriousness, in our next AIM conversation you should explain to me how you achieved that 2k3 in VX look.

Like I said, the current texture does suck. This is supposed to be a simple corridor though (as the name suggests its going to be a really big maze, with everything from simple corridors to underwater rooms to crawling through tiny air vents). I'll put up a screenshot of a more complex area sometime.

The lighting effects help (don't they always?) but you still really need to work on your textures, as you well know.