WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
I'm playing Dragon Quest IX and it's making me feel like a kid again. So good.

Still haven't played IV yet. XD
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
DQ9 is pretty okay! I think I prefer 4 but 9 definitely has charm. Also, cat litter island... what a place.

recent messages to a friend while playing darkest dungeon:

>now i'm slowly starting to ask myself the hard questions
>"do i want to give herhard my food when she's only L1 and already insane?"
>"or should i just let her die to save on the treatment cost"
>oh i found some extra food under some carcasses
>she can eat today
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Adventuring log from the DARKEST DUNGEON

I lost 3/4 characters my first time fighting a boss, and then in my very next excursion I got teleported to a fight against an eldritch malboro in outer space that fully wiped my party. I had found a conspicuous-looking altar on which to put a torch, and I couldn't just leave well enough alone. If you find such a place, my advice is: reconsider. It was a portal to the ouch dimension.

Later on I discovered the logical problem with the idea of fleeing from a boss when it has tossed one of your party members into a giant cookpot. ...The rest of my party just left my Arbalest in the cookpot and high-tailed it out of there without him. He is a soup now.
Darkest Dungeon. It's difficult, but it also provides you with full bucket of emotions. Feelings, when you finally beat the boss, who killed all your previous parties...it's hard to describe)
My favorite DD boss "fuck you" is if you kill Wilbur first.

e: protip: don't kill Wilbur first
All this talk about Darkest Dungeon piques my curiosity. Also, Dragon Quest 9 is the best. Currently I am playing a mix if Dragon's Dogma snd Timber & Stone.
Fflo
Be careful ! I'm French

(Play Bowser Jr's cry voice like in Mario Kart Double Dash or Mario Golf Toadstool Tour)
I was almost going to win !!!
Well, I changed a little the rules: draw 2 cards each turn instead of one, and 20,000 LP at the start instead of 8,000.
My Synchron deck was ready to destroy'em all...
I just managed to beat the Flamelurker on Demon's Souls NG+ after shouting myself hoarse.

Anyone who thinks Dark Souls is hard on NG+ clearly hasn't played Demon's Souls.
Craze
Jude
All this talk about Darkest Dungeon piques my curiosity. Also, Dragon Quest 9 is the best. Currently I am playing a mix if Dragon's Dogma snd Timber & Stone.

Darkest Dungeon is pretty damn good. I'm greatly enjoying it, and I think it might appeal to your tendency to min/max for stuff in FFRK. It's a game about scouting out info and then forming a plan, and hoping you don't die to a sudden eldritch horror. It's not $5 off on GOG anymore, but you can probably get it for a few bucks cheaper on G2A or something.

LouisCyphre keeps pushing me to get Dragon's Dogma, and I will once it's on a decent sale. I very rarely buy games at full price nowadays. The only ones exempt from that in the past year or so have been Tales of Zestiria, Lightning Returns (but the Steam price is $40 under its original MRSP) and Armello, but the lattermost was a 4-pack for some friends and I so that's kinda discounted anyway.

As for me currently...

> I finished all but one route in Coming Out on Top this weekend. It's a gay VN and it's absolutely wonderful. Like, I have to constantly share screencaps with my hetero friends because it's fucking hilarious. I highly, highly recommend it to anybody who isn't scared of a little dick.

Great review (NSFW IMAGES): https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/19/s-exe-coming-out-on-top-nsfw/

> Darkest Dungeon is still pretty fun. I now have two level 3 characters! They killed two bosses in one run as L2, so it was much deserved (I don't think they gets you extra XP, it just coincided nicely with the accomplishment). Good ol' Dismas the Highwayman is now really, really good at shooting Brigand Matchmen.

> I'm still gradually testing Ara Fell. I got a bit distracted what with completing Lightning Returns and getting Darkest Dungeon, so it'll be back to proper testing this week.

> Downwell is as good as the rave reviews it's getting are saying. If you like high-action games for like $3, get it!!! You jump down a well and have to survive falling for as long as possible while shooting bullets out of your boots.

> I plan on starting Oceanhorn today or tomorrow. It looks pretty cool, like a tile-based Zelda-influenced adventure game...? Not entirely sure since I don't tend to read up on games much besides "does it run and play well," but it got decent reviews, had a good sale going on, and looks appealing. Here's hoping it's worth it!

I started Tales of Zestiria over. I left it for long enough and wasn't very far, so starting from scratch made the most sense.

The story is very good for a Tales game and I would say good even outside of Tales standard. In particular, the game is good at portraying how people react to various events.

Combat is enjoyable, but has problems. It's a bit clunky at its core and has a lot of feature creep. The feature creep tends to get introduced in waves, suddenly you get one tutorial message every battle for 5+ battles in row. Then it ends for a while until a new wave of tutorials start.

I got that Darkest Dungeon game because people have been talking about it so much. Seems neat. I lost almost all of my progress, though. I played it on my desktop, and later played it in bed on my laptop. I think I started the game before my laptop had finished connecting to my network and then syncing Steam's cloud saves. I got in and my save file was from like the first thirty minutes of the game. So I quit and then that save file got uploaded to the cloud. Oh well.
Craze
i miss that guy, is he still around? i can't even remember his name but i always respected how insane his projects were
I swear that I saw him make a post at least 1 or 2 months ago, so he's probably just lurking/only checking his games once in a blue moon or something.

Anyways, I finally beat Legend of Grimrock II, and got the "good ending" from the optional final boss and all. I thought this would rid me of my addiction to the game, but it seems that Grimrock I is on sale...

Here we go again, I guess.
Don't expect Grimrock 1 to be the same as 2, but it's still a decent game.

Started playing Lightning Returns. I'm enjoying it more than XIII or XIII-2 so that's good.

Also played Slime Rancher. Cute, fun times were had. For a game in early access it's very stable and has a goodly amount of content. I'd recommend getting it if anyone was wondering if it were worth it.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Some MV and tales of xillia 2
author=Craze
DQ9 is pretty okay!

DQ9 is definitely one of the better entry points to the series, along with 5 and 8. Though it's not one of my favorites.

On that note, I've been trying out the new Dragon Warrior 2 Randomizer.

It's not going particularly well.
author=GreatRedSpirit
My favorite DD boss "fuck you" is if you kill Wilbur first.

e: protip: don't kill Wilbur first

Thanks for the advice, but I wish I had read it sooner)
Craze
I hit Wilbur by accident (I thought you just couldn't kill him). RIP Margas the L2 Jester.

I just tried my hardest against the Hag. RIP Dismas the Beloved Starter L3 Highwayman and Ver & Lily the L3 Houndmaster, who died in unison to Meat Tenderizer.

i'm actually really sad about dismas :<<<<