WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=Liberty
author=Pizza
Only one of you needs the game, unless both of you want to take turns defusing. Technically you can just trade Steam accounts too, or authorize their account to play your game.
Really? Is there an online manual or something, because I thought the manual was only irl and not online? It'd make it more possible to play if it were online, at least.

There's a manual at bombmanual.com. You can download a PDF of it or just read it online.

...Where else would people be getting the physical manuals?
...I didn't give much thought to it, honestly. Figured it was a board-game type deal that uses video - there've been games like that in the past, afterall. XD
Lagrange Point. Probably the best rpg on the NES, if you don't count the classics. Or maybe even if you do. It depends...

This is not your classic high fantasy rpg. This one is set in a space station and you fight against hordes of mutants and killer robots. It has amazing graphics and a colorful cast of characters that for some reason I liken to Chrono Trigger's, though maybe not as good or fleshed out, but alright for a NES game. It has a set of cool game mechanics as well, like the fact that you need "MP" even for regular attacks, so you need to be careful not to just spam attack all the time. Again, nothing groundbreaking, but nice for the time...

But probably the most interesting feature is the ability to combine weapons to create new ones. That alone will keep you on your toes trying to find the right weapon for each specific part of the game. Selling old weapons and buying new ones to try new combinations. I found the entire game very well balanced around this mechanic, with no difficulty ramps or too much grinding that would hinder your experience. It felt really smooth from start to finish... So, if you're not above emulation and you haven't checked it out yet, do so.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Ratty524
People will always try to imitate what is popular without actually doing the work in deconstructing it to actually figure out what makes that popular thing good.

Pretty much sums up the Mascot Craze back in the '90s (though some good came from it).

Wait wait wait

There were mascots that people liked?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=LockeZ
author=Ratty524
People will always try to imitate what is popular without actually doing the work in deconstructing it to actually figure out what makes that popular thing good.

Pretty much sums up the Mascot Craze back in the '90s (though some good came from it).
Wait wait wait

There were mascots that people liked?

Crash
Spyro
Banjo & Kazooie
I think some people liked Kroc
Can't really think of anyone else other than Mario or Sonic.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
The Witness makes me feel stupider than that time I visited Italy when I couldn't understand Italian.
Playing Darkest Dungeon. In related news, I've learned that I'm a masochist.
Man, the N64/Playstation era was so amazing for 3D platformers. Some others that are similar and weren't mentioned above that rocked are Ape Escape, Blasto, Gex, Glover, MediEvil...

Ape Escape was wonderful. There were some neat 2.5D platformers as well, like Pandemonium & Klonoa.

A game considerably less wonderful was Forty Winks...

At this current time, the most recent games I am playing are:

"Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3" (SNES) & "Gran Turismo" (PSP)

Truthfully, I think GT for PSP just seems better than GT for PS1/PSX. Maybe it's just how it looks, but it just feels like a smoother game.
I've been shambling through the sea of bad Flash RPGs lately and want to report about Mardek RPG. The combat system is atrociously boring, having only direct damage and healing skills, with only a simplistic timed hit system to keep the players from going AFK (given the low difficulty, it's most likely unnecessary to ever make use of it). The dungeons are also stupidly overcomplicated, the humor is too reliant on lampshading and Mardek himself performs terribly. I also found a book that manages to be both sexist and discriminating against its own element lore. It's so bad I want to share it:

author=Book in MARDEK RPG
Elemental traits can also come into play when it comes to love and sexual relationships. Your elemental affinity plays a large part in determining who you're attracted to, and how well relationships with others will turn out for you.

Males, being the dominant gender, also like to be the dominant element in relationships; thus they are attracted to females of the element they are strong against first and foremost. Females, secretly lusting to be dominated and ravished, are attracted to men of the element superior to themselves. So such matches work rather well.

People of the same element can also work excellently together; similarity at the most fundamental levels has many times been the cause for a great love blossoming and flourishing.

Such things as have been mentioned apply only to people with Natural elements; for people with a Moral element, different rules apply. Naturally, they are attracted to people of the same element as themselves, but also to any and all of the Natural elements. Because of this, Morally-elemental people have more choice when it comes to finding a partner that's right for them.

A relationship between the two Moral elements - that is, a Light and Dark couple - CANNOT work, both emotionally and physically. The two people will never get along or fall in love, and even if they did, a child could never physically be conceived in such a relationship.

When a child is born to other couples, however, its element is inherited from its parents. In a dominant-element relationship, the child is of the dominant element. In same-element relationships, the child is of the element both parents share. In Moral-Natural relationships, the Moral element takes dominance.

Consider these things when looking for a partner. Asking for someone's element before anything else is a great way of getting an idea of whether anything will happen or not!

(For reference, the natural elements are Fire>Air>Earth>Water>Fire and the moral ones Light><Dark)
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I just sank 11 hours and 12 minutes into FF7 again just to get Aeris' Great Gospel for the achievement. I'm sad now.

The best in the series, brah...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Finally finished my play of FF7. Felt like it took forever to do. Though, I'm not sure if it's just because I'm using an emulator, but, the finale was really weird! It was playing Gold Saucer FMVs while in the Planet's Core, and it just skipped over the ending movie. Unless my memory of how that game ended is way off.

Oh well. I'm so done with that game, it isn't even funny.
Take it you won't be buying the remake, then?

I recently played Aozora Meikyuu on steam. A cheap VN that I had to get a refund for.
It was bad with a capital B. I'm a sucker for anime style VNs chock full of waifu material. But despite this game having multiple endings. I had to get a refund after I finished it once. I can't have it tainting my steam library anymore.

Looking to get Dead or Alive Paradise on my PS Vita, though.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Just Google'd that. You nasty.

I'm finally done. This also concludes my FF8 achievement run. Sure, I've got a few others that need to be unlocked, but nothing (aside from Omega Weapon, 100 Triple Triad wins and 10,000 kills) that I can finish on this file.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i beat lightning returns. the ending is hilariously bad but the rest of the game was totally awesome and i loved it.

onward to DARKEST DUNGEON!!!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Some friends and I tried our hand at Rocket League last night and woooooooo it's fun as heck :D
I made it to the final disc of Legend of Dragoon, and all the big plot twists have been dropped. Shouldn't be much further to the end by this point. It's still just as fun as when I started playing it. Shit doesn't let up for a second.

I've been getting back into Legend of Grimrock II recently as well, with an eye to actually beat it this time. Playing on Easy instead of Normal because, well... I want to beat it. I got stuck pretty hard last time, and I didn't want to deal with it again. Although I think my party is way better this time around either way, and knowing almost a third of the game already didn't hurt.

I actually discovered that TimeShift is on Steam today, and picked it up for 5$ on sale, since it was the first "next gen" game I ever played, back when they first released the PS3. It... Hasn't held up very well. It's like a poor man's version of Half-Life 2, with time mechanics thrown in. A really poor man's version at that.

My favorite Darkest Dungeon description is "the reason there's a Hero's Guild at all"

Now excuse me while I grab four bright eyed adventurers, send them to a horror closet, and have them nearly die from lovecraftian horrors before taking some bust and whatever gold they found and telling them to fuck off and moving to the next set of adventurers.