WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Starcraft Broodwar, Diablo II, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Yes, I have traveled 12 years into the past.
So apparently Pokemon Randomizers are a thing? Probably only news to me, but what the hell, I decided to try it out on Pokemon Gold.

Igglybuff was a starter option, so why not, right? Yeah... I kinda forgot that the little guy doesn't start off with any actual attacks...
I guess I should've picked "Randomized Moves" while I was at it!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=turkeyDawg
So apparently Pokemon Randomizers are a thing? Probably only news to me, but what the hell, I decided to try it out on Pokemon Gold.

Igglybuff was a starter option, so why not, right? Yeah... I kinda forgot that the little guy doesn't start off with any actual attacks...
I guess I should've picked "Randomized Moves" while I was at it!
Lol! That's something I'd love to try out sometime!

I just played Remnants of Isolation and wow, Red_Nova, Unity and Sooz really made a beautiful, moving game. My only complaint is that fullscreen is broken, but everything else made up for that! Now I know why it won IGMC, great job, you guys!
Yeah, Pokemon Randomisers can get crazy and crazy awesome. They definitely mix things up a bit. I'd also recommend doing a Nuzlocke if you want to mix things up too - basically one catch per route, if they faint they're 'dead' and must be set free.
Ah, but you're not taking into consideration the fact that the first pokemon you meet on a route is the one you have to catch and you can only catch one per route. I saw one Nuzlocke where the player ended up with about 15+ Bidoof.

There are some rules that allow a little more leniency - one is that if you already have that pokemon, you can catch the next one you encounter instead. Another is that if the first one you go to catch dies, you can catch the next one (but you're not supposed to deliberately kill them off).

There's other harsher rules too, like only being allowed to use items you find, only allowing you to purchase healing items, only letting you buy non-pokemart items (bar pokeballs), not letting you buy pokeballs (having to only use the ones you find), not being allowed to use pokemons you trade from NPCs... those kinds of things make it a LOT harder.
Ratty524
I'm definitely familiar with Nuzlocke. I did it with Pokemon Red and Emerald, though I haven't finished all of them thoroughly. I remember "losing" an Emerald run after the only Pokemon I had that knew Surf "died" (it was also my starter, Swampert. Somehow I thought it was boss enough to survive against a single attack from a Roselia).
I tried Nuzlocke a few times, all to fail horribly. One time I caught a fucking shiny Ralts. It was the second shiny I have ever had. It died during the game but goddamn if I was going to release it to the wilds. It's probably still sitting in that box, waiting for a chance to be transferred to another game.
...I love my shiny Ralts.
I'm playing the PC/Steam version of Trails in the Sky. I'm also going to start on Capella's Promise, an RPG Maker VX Ace game made by Plainsoft and translated by vgperson.
Liberty
I tried Nuzlocke a few times, all to fail horribly. One time I caught a fucking shiny Ralts. It was the second shiny I have ever had. It died during the game but goddamn if I was going to release it to the wilds. It's probably still sitting in that box, waiting for a chance to be transferred to another game.
...I love my shiny Ralts.

This reminds me, I have a shiny Fearow stuck on Pokemon Leafgreen because I'm too lazy to beat HeartGold (since the endgame is balls) and trade it over to Pokemon White. Because you know. Gotta have those dumbass trading restrictions.

I finished Pikmin 3, 100%, which was excellent. I feel pretty accomplished having 100%'d the whole series thus far. Now it's just time to wait for Pikmin 4.

I tried beating Oracle of Ages after going through Link's Awakening DX and Oracle of Seasons, but to be honest it's the worst of the three and it's trying to force me to play like 45 minigames to progress with the story (around dungeon 6) so fuck it, I have better things to do.

So now I'm just playing Legend of Dragoon. Which is still great.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Nuzlocke isn't hard, it's just excessively grindy. You only lose if you get tired of grinding and try to move forward before you're high level.

For a better challenge, do a nuzlocke run with experience points disabled, so everything stays at the level it was when you caught it.
You have obviously never tried to battle a certain Miltank with only normal type pokemons. ;.;
In the same news, fuck Whitney.
Ratty524
I think my only true loses from Nuzlocke was just from getting cocky for the most part, skipping a session of grinding thinking my team can handle anything.

Anyway, I finally picked up Skifree for a trip back to my childhood.

... It is what it is for the most part. I have no idea how the "style" system works, but finally, after all these years, I figured out how to fly past that damnable snowman. Thus, I am still satisfied. :)
I played Tiny Toons Adventures Wacky Sports or whatever it was called, from the SNES. Played it online and using the keyboard was actually really good! I was destroying the competition until... until the goddamn discus throw. You get two throws to get 250 points on that thing, and three continues. I blew through all of 'em and missed out by 60 points. I ended up giving up. The game's fun but it's a lot better when you're playing against family.
I've not played and SNES games in years, last one I played I think was Silva Saga... or was it Energy Breaker?

I brought Go Go Nippon! today because... why the hell not.. Just waiting for my PS Vita to arrive so I can play Persona 4 Dancing All Night.
Pokemon Gold on complete ass-random mode (random mons with random types, moves, and stats + randomized TMs and found items) is completely bonkers! Highlights include:
- My starter being a Nidoran with FUCKING FIRE BLAST, and later SKY ATTACK.
- Dying before even getting to Cherrygrove because a Stantler with Sludge poisoned me.
- Taking 30 turns to beat the first rival fight because his mon (a Weedle) froze me with Blizzard, and then tried to use Psybeam on my dark-type Nidoran. I never unfroze so it basically just struggled itself to death.
- My first additional teammate being a level 2 Slowking. It's actually really hard to catch mons on this mode because a lot of them are evolved or otherwise need something stronger than a mere Pokeball to actually catch. On the flip side, you get a lot more EXP!
- Encountering Mewtwo in the first gym (not even Falkner, just one of the trainers), and encountering Celebi while fighting a FISHERMAN.
- Getting rad TMs from the Gyms like Thunder and Spore, rather than that lame shit they normally give you.
- Using an Old Rod to catch a Flareon.
- Finding a freaking LUCKY EGG on the ground in Union Cave.
- The Togepi egg being a Vileplume instead. Both hilarious and anti-climatic.
- Bugsy leading with Heracross, an actual bug Pokemon!! O.O (but I don't think it was actually bug-typed...)

Ratty, please, what are the chances of you being able to implement something like this in Pokemon RMN Version? 0%? 0.5%? 0.9%?

e: yeah, I've done a Nuzlocke before. I actually don't care too much for it since you need to grind so much, and also Pokemon has a lot of random shenanigans with crits and accuracy and such. A nuzlocke of this randomized mode I'm playing would be thoroughly impossible lol.
Ratty524
How does a nidoran get poisoned? That whole thing sounds so epic.

author=turkeyDawg
Ratty, please, what are the chances of you being able to implement something like this in Pokemon RMN Version? 0%? 0.5%? 0.9%?

I could possibly do it with a different version of the game, or I could maybe add a menu option for it, but I'm still not very adept at RGSS. So... maybe 7% chance. It's not my priority at the moment.
Hey, that's more of a chance than I figured! At the very least, a kind of New Game + where you can at least choose a starter other than the default 3 would be nice. There's always these mons I'm interested in using in Pokemon games, but generally never do because you don't encounter them until way late in the game.

How does a nidoran get poisoned?

Due to randomized typings, he was a dark type instead of poison. It's randomized to the point that when he evolved into a Nidorino, he turned into a Bug/Flying type. And due to randomized stats, his attack stat also became half of what it was before... ;_;