WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Gears of War 2

As much as I'm tired of the oversaturation of FPS, on an individual level they can be pretty fun. GoW2 in particular is pretty good! It has a pretty good developed background and setting as well.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Finished Mirror's Edge (it really could have been so much better...combat ruined everything IMO) and have been playing TF2 for the past couple hours. I am reminded why it'd be best for me to stay way from MMOs...
Mass Effect. As much as I hated DA:O, I was possessed to buy this anyway, and am I ever glad I did! Awesome game, great dialogue and level designs, and a battle system that actually functions (a first for Bioware?). Anyways, I'm enjoying myself.
author=sbester
Mass Effect. As much as I hated DA:O, I was possessed to buy this anyway, and am I ever glad I did! Awesome game, great dialogue and level designs, and a battle system that actually functions (a first for Bioware?). Anyways, I'm enjoying myself.

How did you not enjoy DA:O? It was epic. Well sorry you didn't like it.
Mass Effect is pretty awesome though. The second one was a bit better in terms of combat.
Monster Hunter Tri on Dolphin Wii emulator. Kind of a bitch to play with an XBOX controller but its a damn fun game.
I just really hate mmo type battles, so Dragon Age just feels like watching a really slow and boring movie to me. I'm only 8 hours in, but I won't get back to it until I'm finished ME.
Majora's Mask. Never really played it aside from the beginning with the Deku Shrub. Now that I have a lappy, I can hook it up to my brother's big ass TV, and play with a PS3 controller :3
Battlefront 2, saw it in the steam sale and it was an instant buy.

I forgot how much fun it was to play, especially the space battles. I only wish they could be larger, with more capital ships and higher targets etc.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
EXIT FATE! a great game if ever there was one! and in xp(which is more than rare(except for, Vacant Skies, Quintessence and Master of the Wind!)
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
trying to play Avalon Code again. It's alright, but there are annoying flaws that get in the way of the game.

Stupid move - make levelling up the book possible by finding totally random spots in each map, sometimes out in the middle of nowhere, with no consistency, so you have to button mash while wandering the map.

Mega stupid move - make the "search button" overlap with the "do 1/2 second move" button when there's nothing there to search for.

result - no longer care about levelling up book.
Playing Dragon Quest(Warrior) 7, as traditional as it gets. Liking the story(time traveling ftw), and the gameplay is great, just wish it didn't take 2 goddamn hours before I finally got into the first battle (didn't follow any walkthrough, and figuring out where I was supposed to go next was sometimes a pain).

Also, would be nice if the interface wasn't so clunky to use, such interface is fine on the snes, but on PS1, it could have been better. Apart from the monster attack animations, the game is pretty ugly for a PS1, but I don't care, good graphics don't really make the experience, only enhance it.

Also done a few scenarios on Battle for Wesnoth, what an awesome free game, and good for casual play, I just pop in, finish a mission, and go back to DQ7.

EDIT: Scratch that, for my first Dragon Quest game, I chose the SNES version of DQ3, after doing some research. Wanted something from the earlier era that still had a job system and voila, DQ3 it is. Is has a better feel to it anyway, the graphics are gorgeous for a snes game, at it "flows" much faster than DQ7.

And most importantly, I can adjust the combat message speed. In DQ7, the combat messages were so fast, I couldn't keep up, it was ridiculous.

EDIT 2: Juust finished InFamous 2... goddamn, I love when a game grips you during the last few missions and doesn't let go till the credits roll.... Great ending to a great game, loved it. Next on the list: being a total dick and going the evil route, not worying about collateral damage, oh yeeeah.
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
Just started Half-Life 2. It's solid so far, but I never played the first one, so I'm confused as heck.
Also FINALLY tackling Dragon Quest IV. I'm not a huge fan of DS ports, but I'm liking it so far. I played through a year ago and got maybe halfway. Going to finish this time. I just downloaded Edifice too and got my ass kicked by a dragon boss. Great game though.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=chana
EXIT FATE! a great game if ever there was one! and in xp(which is more than rare(except for, Vacant Skies, Quintessence and Master of the Wind!)
oh, and Vacant Sky and all the customised ones + probably a lot i haven't played!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Just finished playing Final Fantasy 9 today. I was thinking about going back and tackling Ozma and getting all 100 cards on the card game, but Ozma tore me a new one and I started losing my good cards to newbies in Treno, so I decided to call it quits.

I started looking over my other PS1 games in search of something new to play but I guess I'm just not in the mood right now to make any real decisions. I -may- fire up Final Fantasy Chronicles and play FFIV or Chrono Trigger, or FFVI on Final Fantasy Anthology, or even start a new file on Chrono Cross, seeing as how I've never really made it past the intros of any of these classic games.
Oh god why does Lost Odyssey's battle system have to be so bad and so slow. Healing skills are worthless, attack/damagemagic spamming is more valuable to use than anything, and while there is some elemental RPS system in place, half the enemies you face are neutral. Getting a 'perfect' on every attack somehow feels unsatisfying, because all you do is add 50 damage or something.

Argh but I enjoy the story and dream readings a lot. Thinking of either grinding forever to break the game or just straight up use cheats to 99 or something.
^

I love that game! :D

Is this your first time playing the original Wild Arms, Feld?
author=Darken
Oh god why does Lost Odyssey's battle system have to be so bad and so slow. Healing skills are worthless, attack/damagemagic spamming is more valuable to use than anything, and while there is some elemental RPS system in place, half the enemies you face are neutral. Getting a 'perfect' on every attack somehow feels unsatisfying, because all you do is add 50 damage or something.

Argh but I enjoy the story and dream readings a lot. Thinking of either grinding forever to break the game or just straight up use cheats to 99 or something.

What really gets me is the ring system and how its completely fucked up because it's worthless with mages, which already there are too many mages in the game and you get all of them one right after the other. Why have a system based on timing attacks when your mages have shitty physical attacks? If the ring system applied to all offensive moves, it would have been awesome.

Also buying weapons for mages is also really dumb because their weapons just raise their physical attack and nothing else, and their physical offense is bad no matter what.

However I am enjoying the plot and dreams so I'll keep goin'.

author=Brent
^

I love that game! :D

Is this your first time playing the original Wild Arms, Feld?

Nah, I have and enjoyed the first three. Just giving them another go because I do love them.