A.I. GENERATION AND RMN

author=SunflowerGames
Houses made 100 years ago have tons of building violations based on today's laws. But we don't force the owners of those houses to bring them up to code.

Actually, the building I live in got assessed two years ago and found the balconies were unsafe and not up to code. My building was forced to update them or risk foreclosure. That was a $1.5M assessment, and the owners of the units (myself included) are on the hook for it. I'm paying an extra $250 a month for the next 25 years or until I move and work the debt into the sale of the unit. Retroactively bringing things up to code is very much a thing even in real estate. Houses are the same way, if you try to sell a property that isn't up to code, it gets factored into the cost of the sale. I'm Canadian, mind you.
yeah i mean "that's the way rules work irl in a country" isn't exactly bullet proof anyway. i think if you get jailed for possessing cannabis and then cannabis becomes legal then you should be freed (which isn't the case irl). but oh no can't have retroactive rules! the principle on its own is flawed because what's more important is the consequences (positive/negative). but this is a games hosting website where your game can get removed for any reason, can get rejected for being "bad" and it's not exactly gonna be a human rights violation.

i just think if you're going to defend ai generated assets, just defend ai generated assets. not how you interpret the consistency of the rules.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=SunflowerGames
I think I have used

https://cooltext.com/

to create all the text font text used in my game titles.

Should all my games be removed?

Also, Reaper of Swords, the main image is AI generated, but that image isn't in the game. Does that count?

I think I might have used QuillBot to spellcheck for me, too.
That AI does more than spellcheck, it can provide totally unique ways
to rephrase your writing.

RPG Maker can generate random dungeons and random characters.

Retroactively applying a rule seems a bit harsh.

cooltext
Not AI art - all of this is literally free presets for public use.

I think I might have used QuillBot to spellcheck for me, too.
It's already been clarified that this is perfectly fine.

RPG Maker can generate random dungeons and random characters.
This is not even comparable to the problem here? RPG Maker dungeon generator is just algorithmically placing down tiles. The character generator is just combining different parts that were made specifically for public use. It's not taking the works of independent creators without permission and compositing them into something that claims to be original. The AI ban is specifically related to AI generated images and writing, not the concept of artificial intelligence and algorithmic learning altogether.

Sorry, these three points are just so far removed from what's even being talked about in this thread that I'm left questioning if you completely misunderstood what the new rule is relating to?
my game has ai for enemies ban my game checkmate :^)
Darken
but this is a games hosting website where your game can get removed for any reason, can get rejected for being "bad" and it's not exactly gonna be a human rights violation.

To reiterate something said earlier in the thread about this exact thing, a game could sneak anything that breaks the rules onto the site and only be found out later that it contains something we don't allow. Then it gets removed. That's how the policy works, this is not new nor is it specifically unfair to anybody.

I don't frankly understand what people expect to be done, here. That's how changing the rules works, and it's not the first time it's happened, nor will it be the last.
Darken, you're allowed to have enemy AI in your game as long as you code it yourself. See Liberty's OP.
author=Darken
its sarcasm

your banne
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I think AI generated sarcasm should be allowed. It's useful for people who don't have sarcastic talent.
no one except whoever's viewing this is actually on rmn anymore every post is just generated based on previous posts
To reiterate something said earlier in the thread about this, Darken, you're allowed to have AI generated sarcasm in your game as long as your banne. It's useful for people except whoever's viewing this is actually on rmn who don't have sarcastic talent. See Liberty's OP.

Power BI is a powerful business intelligence and data visualization tool Take Power B.I. training today
author=kentona
Power BI is a powerful business intelligence and data visualization tool *SPAM*
No one was ready for the shock reveal that Kentona has been a spam bot this entire time
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Darken
no one except whoever's viewing this is actually on rmn anymore every post is just generated based on previous posts

I've pondered the way we borrow from learned language, sentence structure and idioms to form "clever" statements. How many options do we really have with how we "choose" to respond? Are we any better than the machines?

Has anyone used Grammarly instead of learning how to speak?
Grammarly only fixes your mistakes. You still have to make the mistakes and you still have to learn from them by it telling you what you did wrong... and even then it gets stuff wrong or doesn't understand nuance and artistic expression. Programs can only do so much to help. As I write, it's already added red underlines to warn me of bullshit, but whatever, if there's something wrong in my words, I'm leaving them in.

For the record, it doesn't like 'the mistakes' and 'them by it telling you'. XD
It doesn't understand that my use of it is in reference to a thing, nor that 'the' added to mistakes is for specificity. Like I said, it's not infallible.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Corfaisus
Has anyone used Grammarly instead of learning how to speak?

Of course I have. Grammar is important for staying professional on the internet. That’s why this post is sponsored by Grammarly. With the promo code ESBYSMELLS you can get 50% off your first four months of-
While I understand the reasons, it is a bit of a shame. I was making an RPG that uses AI-generated voiceovers, and an AI is actually integral to the storyline so it makes less sense to have human voices (if I even had the resources, which I don't).
But that's alright, I'm sure I can find other places to host it.
i mean you just get someone to talk all robot like and put a filter over it??? skill issue tbh
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Voice overs in RPG Maker are a losing proposition anyway. The message box takes up a third of the screen already, and any subtle actions aren't consuming enough to require a completely different set of senses to understand. Take a scene like this:

Even professional voice acting wouldn't add anything to the scene. If anything, it'll just sound foolish.

You're reading a book - add your own inflection; it'll always sound better in your head. A show/movie "needs" voices to make the story real to the viewer. Interactivity fills any need for narration.

Nah, I'll just read it instead. Is this a game or a movie? Why are you drawing my eye away from the movie to read a book? I'm listening in English and reading in English - nothing is lost on me. If you're not telling me what I need to know through your visuals, why use a visual medium? Why is this a game?!

This scene shows a bunch of people sitting around a campfire and looking sort of sad/lost(?). This dude walks away and stares out over the distance of a world that seems to have fallen apart. The screen fades to black. What were we just told? Does it have anything to do with "Listen to my story. This may be our last chance"? I don't think so. If anything, the world has fallen apart and people are sad about it. Strike one, but now: show me more.

Next scene: same dude is fondling a sports ball, spins it and hands it to some small human. Tall humans crowd him and he leaves. Why did he stop? What is this controller doing in front of my movie? As he's walking down the road, he stops to see a billboard/television of some dude. Is he important? Meh. Guess my dude loves sports and walking?

Movie start: my dude is good at sports, but now there's some big thing ripping the world apart. Maybe this has something to do with what the beginning of the movie game showed me. Is this when people get sad? Am I sad yet?

Now let's go back:

What does this scene tell us? Girl and boy are walking through forest - girl is scared. The forest doesn't look scary, so why is she afraid? Having me hear her say that she's afraid isn't going to make me understand it any more than I'm already supposed to, and personally disagreeing with the tone (and God forbid I'm inconvenienced by the text being slowed down for the sake of the voice over) is going to put me off.
Well, there is no text accompanying the voice in my project, thus a voiceover is in fact necessary. I suppose I could have dialog boxes instead, but I think using dialog boxes creates a different atmosphere than what I am intending.