HOW'D YOU DECIDE ON A GAME TITLE?

I try not to name my games before I have made a fairly long stride into writing their story. If I do, I end up trying to write the game around the name, which is not necessarily the best way to do it. I usually just go with Project * and then change it later.
I think for hours but always come up with the cheesiest names....
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Gourd_Clae
I think for hours but always come up with the cheesiest names....

My names almost always come from music/lyrics from the game's soundtrack. Don't think for hours, just let it work its way out.

Doesn't even need to be from the game's own soundtrack, actually - I shamelessly lifted In Praise of Peace from my favorite Suiko2 track.

BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
author=prexus
I try not to name my games before I have made a fairly long stride into writing their story. If I do, I end up trying to write the game around the name, which is not necessarily the best way to do it. I usually just go with Project * and then change it later.
That's similar to the ways many authors approach writing novels. Of course, titles can also be revised as conceptions of games change; there's often a"working title" different from the end one.
author=Craze
Doesn't even need to be from the game's own soundtrack, actually - I shamelessly lifted In Praise of Peace from my favorite Suiko2 track.

What?! That's awesome! And incredibly simple....Gah, I overthink things.
I'll keep it in mind - thanks.
I tend to base my names off mythological references, then try to tie them into my game. A bit of Fridge Brilliance on the side too, so the player can think it over.
Castlevania was already taken. Fun fact: Before I chose a title, Necropolis' project folder was "Vampire Hunter." I still use the nomenclature "vh_whatever01.xxx" for a lot of the files, to keep things somewhat uniform. Generally I don't really put a lot of thought into titles, though. I think the only rule I have is to avoid subtitles.